News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8410
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 01, 2024, 09:38:14 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Why I will NOT scan the data tracing code.

Started by Bricktop, December 29, 2021, 07:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

">

Anyone who knows me through my scrawls within these walls will know I am no paranoid conspiracy theorist by a long way.

But I have always held the position that this Covid plague has inspired governments to act well beyond their lawful authority in order to "protect" us.

I don't discount the fact that most of these governments are acting in good faith...however, that does not mean they can act without the authority of the people. They are supposed to be subordinate to us, and if they wish to break free of their legal constraints, they must do so via a plebiscite of the people.

We now learn that a second Australia STATE government has effectively made contact tracing data available for purposes other than that for which it is collected. This is no suprise to me, having some experience in such matters. Sooner or later, data collected by one government agency will find its way to one or more other government agencies, often by casual stealth.

I have long ceased scanning the contact tracing code...it is not a LEGAL requirement, although those who's property you're about to enter may bar you from entry at their discretion. This is because I have serious doubts about the security of my data.

We will learn much in the aftermath of the plague. And in the cold light of reflection, we will learn just how much liberty governments will take with the laws designed to protect our rights.

Covid will pass, but government overreach is forever.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=432492 time=1640824321 user_id=1560
">

Anyone who knows me through my scrawls within these walls will know I am no paranoid conspiracy theorist by a long way.

But I have always held the position that this Covid plague has inspired governments to act well beyond their lawful authority in order to "protect" us.

I don't discount the fact that most of these governments are acting in good faith...however, that does not mean they can act without the authority of the people. They are supposed to be subordinate to us, and if they wish to break free of their legal constraints, they must do so via a plebiscite of the people.

We now learn that a second Australia STATE government has effectively made contact tracing data available for purposes other than that for which it is collected. This is no suprise to me, having some experience in such matters. Sooner or later, data collected by one government agency will find its way to one or more other government agencies, often by casual stealth.

I have long ceased scanning the contact tracing code...it is not a LEGAL requirement, although those who's property you're about to enter may bar you from entry at their discretion. This is because I have serious doubts about the security of my data.

We will learn much in the aftermath of the plague. And in the cold light of reflection, we will learn just how much liberty governments will take with the laws designed to protect our rights.

That is devious.

Anonymous

">

Victoria's premier is a Stalin wannabe.

Frood

">

Never once did it myself either.

The moment I'm asked for it, I say no. I refuse to even write my name and number down. If pressed I literally tell people to their face "go fuck yourself" and walk out.

Dan Andrews is an evil egomaniac lush and I hope he gets bashed harder a second time off a steep cliff.
Blahhhhhh...

Print
User actions