Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

A

What is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander

Started by Anonymous, January 05, 2022, 09:02:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

We know that this latest variant has no respect for immunity. It doesn't matter if it's through vaccination or through natural immunity like I have. People are catching it and spreading it. But, it's only the unvaccinated who are subjected to draconian restrictions. This is unfair and unjust.

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=433375 time=1641391347 user_id=114
We know that this latest variant has no respect for immunity. It doesn't matter if it's through vaccination or through natural immunity like I have. People are catching it and spreading it. But, it's only the unvaccinated who are subjected to draconian restrictions. This is unfair and unjust.

You raise a good point Seoul that frankly I hadn't considered..

But, even when measured against the Omicron variant, double vaccinated are less likely to catch and transit the variant.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=433382 time=1641394467 user_id=3254

But, even when measured against the Omicron variant, double vaccinated are less likely to catch and transit the variant.

We know that the elderly are more likely to get very sick or die. Should we subject them to discrimination.

Frood

Should we inject our kids so that a decaying generation feels safe?

Especially if the jabs have no long term.testing for adults much less children?

I'd die for my kids right now if necessary.

But this isn't that. Everybody must get stuck and if it goes wrong.... you get (now) a mere 10-15 years of basic salary in an award payment.

I'd rather be broke and teach my kids how to fight...
Blahhhhhh...

Blazor

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=433394 time=1641402823 user_id=1676
Should we inject our kids so that a decaying generation feels safe?

Especially if the jabs have no long term.testing for adults much less children?

I'd die for my kids right now if necessary.

But this isn't that. Everybody must get stuck and if it goes wrong.... you get (now) a mere 10-15 years of basic salary in an award payment.

I'd rather be broke and teach my kids how to fight...

Interesting enough, look what the NYTimes has to say now.

(hope the Cashews can recognize a screen shot instead of a meme)

https://media.gab.com/system/media_attachments/files/094/943/588/original/483b537ba525ce98.jpeg">

https://media.gab.com/system/media_attachments/files/094/943/589/original/9a35da75da31d40a.jpeg">
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

kiebers

Quote from: Blazor post_id=433398 time=1641404884 user_id=2221
(hope the Cashews can recognize a screen shot instead of a meme)

:MG_216:

Perhaps a couple...
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

How do numbers stack up for hospitalizations and intensive care? The unvaccinated are an expensive burden.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=433542 time=1641467451 user_id=2015

How do numbers stack up for hospitalizations and intensive care? The unvaccinated are an expensive burden.

Are the vaccinated who catch COVID and require hospitalization an expensive burden?

cc

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=433581 time=1641480288 user_id=114

Are the vaccinated who catch COVID and require hospitalization an expensive burden?

I  interpret what IHJ is getting at as the numbers & there is 2 areas of them, both areas affecting cost

Cost Area 1. (quantity) - The ratio / population of unvax in hospitals is extreme (15 to 20  vs  1) Huge difference!!

(Comparison by numbers alone is greatly misleading as the unvaxxed make up only 10% of the population, thus only comparison by numbers / population are genuine to use as comparison)

and it doesn't end there for cost comparison

Cost Area 2 (cost / person). Severity and length of stay  - on average is far greater among unvaxxed  also .. meaning on average  unvaxxed patients have much longer stays & thus  cost more / patent in this 2nd area as well

So, yes  .. on per population basis they are costing us many times more than the vaxxed  - and for both reasons above .. a double whammy

And those vaxxed have a legitimate right to be extremely unhappy about paying many times their fair share in this area of overall health care costs .. not to mention delays of operations etc. obviously as a main result of the above ratio of patients

The sick irony of it all cost-wise -  is that the vaxxed are the ones with a right to bitch but mainly are quiet - whereas those causing the great majority of hospital cost (+ operations etc. being delayed) for everyone are the greatest and loudest bitchers

In areas where each pays their own way, it's fair cost-wise. Here where we all subsidize the holdouts, it's grossly  not  fair as to personal costs
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Frood

If the jab doesn't stop infection or transmission, it doesn't make a difference to hospitalisation rates.
Blahhhhhh...

cc

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=433607 time=1641509190 user_id=1676

If the jab doesn't stop infection or transmission, it doesn't make a difference to hospitalisation rates.

Booooing .. Duh  :sdfjh(2):

Great lessening of symptoms in favor of vaxxed have lead to a 15-20 to 1 ratio of hospitalizations (unvaxxed vs. vaxxed)  on a per population ratio as demonstrated multiple times, everywhere in the world  .. sigh

Next, Double that number by 2 as average length of stay is double

You sillies are filling hospitals worldwide at those rates

Try to keep up  ... eyes and ears before typing fingers  is always a good plan  :wink:

Erica Mena

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=433382 time=1641394467 user_id=3254

Not true
<t></t>

cc

Actually, all studies show it is true ... just not by as large a %age as against previous variants

Hospitalizations are the big factor - 15 - 20 to 1 unvaxxed vs. vaxxed worldwide (on a per population calculation)

Then there's the double stay time  .. so multiply those numbers x 2

Erica Mena

Quote from: cc post_id=433610 time=1641510528 user_id=88
Actually, all studies show it is true ... just not by as large a %age as against prvias variants

Before I respond, are you saying double vaxxed folks are not catching it/ spreading it?
<t></t>

cc

NO!!! I'm not

Many are catching it. Again by a lower percentage than unvaxxed  

Even with that advantage, hospitalizations is where the rubber meets the road  (see above post)
QuoteHospitalizations are the big factor - 15 - 20 to 1 unvaxxed vs. vaxxed worldwide (on a per population calculation)

Then there's the double stay time .. so multiply those numbers x 2