The best topic

Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

updating your vaccine passport....

Started by deadskinmask, January 06, 2022, 12:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

For argument's sake, how would you feel in 3 years if the jabbed were suddenly developing severe life threatening conditions needing hospitalisations and us purebloods said, "meh.... how selfish! I'm not paying huge taxes to mollycoddle these people"?
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=433681 time=1641531214 user_id=114
Quote from: Bricktop post_id=433674 time=1641527092 user_id=1560
Quote from: cc post_id=433659 time=1641524354 user_id=88

That's my gripe - having to pay for losers who literally got themselves very ill  :oeudC:

You will therefore support moves to disbar smokers, sportsmen, the elderly, the morbidly obese, drug dependants, incompetent drivers, single mothers, the clumsy, those with a genetic disposition to cancer, those with mental health issues and people who don't wear sunblock from that health system that you fund, I presume. These, by your definition as I understand it, are "losers" because of poor life choices.

These groups cost you FAR more than people with Covid symptoms in the grand scheme of things.

Exactly BT. :smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:  

This is hypocritical as well as being dangerous rationalizing. I smoked for twenty seven years. I paid a lot of taxes through my former habit to support our health care system. If I had developed lung cancer would they refuse to treat me.

I am sorry cc and IHJ, but this is not a justification for discrimination against the unvaccinated.

hmmm

ac_umm

Bricktop

Quote from: cc post_id=433682 time=1641531347 user_id=88

That's my gripe - having to pay for losers who literally got themselves very ill  :oeudC:

You will therefore support moves to disbar smokers, sportsmen, the elderly, the morbidly obese, drug dependants, incompetent drivers, single mothers, the clumsy, those with a genetic disposition to cancer, those with mental health issues and people who don't wear sunblock from that health system that you fund, I presume. These, by your definition as I understand it, are "losers" because of poor life choices.

These groups cost you FAR more than people with Covid symptoms in the grand scheme of things.

But, in keeping with the abrogation of human rights we might as well go the whole way.

Like it or not, "Universal Health" does not mean health care for all except people who are irresponsible as to their general well being.

The cost of treating Covid patients, at least here, is a mere speck on the whiteboard of health budgetary management.

I support vaccinations, and encourage everyone to be innoculated, FOR THEIR OWN SAKE.

I support the rights of people everywhere to choose what is injected into their own bodies, and the rights of parents to choose what is best for their child.

So far, other than emotive and sanctimonious lambasting, I have not seen any argument which renders my views invalid.

In a Drama Queen mode I see

I think it's time I pointed something out to you.

YOU are at the epicentre of the insults, aggravation and disharmony that we are experiencing.

I do not accuse you of instigation. I have no idea "who started it". But you are as culpable as anyone else because you simply cannot discuss this matter with any dignity, respect or acceptance that others have a different view than you.

I acknowledge that you have been the brunt of insults. But your response is to throw fuel on the fire. Then you complain that it's too hot in here.

You have alleged that some here are here to dismantle or destroy this forum. That is asinine and absurd. You have even implied that I am involved with this plot.

Your are not, in my view, demonstrating conduct other than that against which you rail. You are a hypocrite in that respect. You are not discussing or debating anything as far as I can see. You are crusading and ignoring the fact that other people have valid issues that are worthy of DISCUSSION.

I do not condone the abuse you've received. But I cannot help think that you are bringing this on yourself with your haughty and condescending attitude to the subject at hand. I made a comment which reflects my view that no argument has yet been forwarded to justify the unlawful measures that have been inflicted on all of us. YOUR NAME WAS NOT MENTIONED, NOR WAS MY COMMENT DIRECTED AT ANY PARTICULAR PERSON.

But you accuse me of being a drama queen???? Is that what you regard as an adult response.

I cannot be help but think that behind your hostility is an essence of sexism against males. Not for the first time have you made snide remarks at male posters, myself included.

Some of us have made it clear that things need to change around here. You have not heeded that message. I note that Freud has attempted to temper his demeanour in discussions...a rare thing, I can testify to.

But you don't get it. You have no idea that you are part of this problem. Here's a newsflash from the elder statesman of this forum; you ARE part of the problem. The last time I took a powder it was because of YOUR attitude, and I can say with confidence I am not the first to tire of it.

There we go, folks. The senior member has thrown a hand grenade into our heart. Let's see who has the maturity and commitment to this community to turn things around.

Bricktop

Frood

Quote from: BricktopI note that Freud has attempted to temper his demeanour in discussions.

I only do that for Kiebers and Fash.

My gut instinct, as you know, is to fan such stuff to forum imploding bitch-fight fruition...but a few people here don't understand it's for sport rather than malice. And more than a few don't comprehend that a legitimate issue can be enmeshed with no small or large degree of peacocking and hubris in order to get under then turned up skin.

I have no skin in the game towards making Kieber's or Fash's job any harder, so I fall on my sword...

...but that sword is conveniently situated exactly between my torso and closet outermost arm.

If I pull it out again, it's to slay somebody in one fell swoop or in notches. I prefer notches. I really like notches. The swoop only gives one a momentarily fleeting euphoria. The notches feeds an ego for years or decades.

Bricktop knows a bit about me... we go back maybe 17-18 years. Listen to Bricktop on this. I'm not some King Martini internet warrior (though he does have his great merits).... I've been more like a slow burn. Such burns started out a long time ago and capped at weeks....then months, then decades.

And I invite cc to approach me in pm for a legitimately honest and private talk that never gets broadcast unless the cone of silence gets broken.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=433708 time=1641545356 user_id=1676
Quote from: BricktopI note that Freud has attempted to temper his demeanour in discussions.

My gut instinct, as you know, is to fan such stuff to forum imploding bitch-fight fruition...but a few people here don't understand it's for sport rather than malice. And more than a few don't comprehend that a legitimate issue can be enmeshed with no small or large degree of peacocking and hubris in order to get under then turned up skin.

I have no skin in the game towards making Kieber's or Fash's job any harder, so I fall on my sword...

...but that sword is conveniently situated exactly between my torso and closet outermost arm.

If I pull it out again, it's to slay somebody in one fell swoop or in notches. I prefer notches. I really like notches. The swoop only gives one a momentarily fleeting euphoria. The notches feeds an ego for years or decades.

Bricktop knows a bit about me... we go back maybe 17-18 years. Listen to Bricktop on this. I'm not some King Martini internet warrior (though he does have his great merits).... I've been more like a slow burn. Such burns started out a long time ago and capped at weeks....then months, then decades.

And I invite cc to approach me in pm for a legitimately honest and private talk that never gets broadcast unless the cone of silence gets broken.

I really appreciate that DD.

ac_smile

Frood

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=433709 time=1641546054 user_id=3254

ac_smile

Thank Bricktop too... he's been watching me operate and wondering how to manage it this time... and to his credit, he dropped the cunthound and bravado, in order to address both sides of the divide.

He cares about this forum heaps too...

As do cc and IHJ...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=433679 time=1641527997 user_id=1676
I don't care what others do with their bodies though I'm uneasy with abortions, especially later abortions. It's not just one body.

It's a conundrum for those of us who defend liberty. I am pro choice, but not late term. That is ghastly.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=433690 time=1641534503 user_id=1676
For argument's sake, how would you feel in 3 years if the jabbed were suddenly developing severe life threatening conditions needing hospitalisations and us purebloods said, "meh.... how selfish! I'm not paying huge taxes to mollycoddle these people"?

I think that is unlikely, but it is analogous. This is a slippery slope that cc and IHJ are advocating.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=433712 time=1641548107 user_id=1676
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=433709 time=1641546054 user_id=3254

ac_smile

Thank Bricktop too... he's been watching me operate and wondering how to manage it this time... and to his credit, he dropped the cunthound and bravado, in order to address both sides of the divide.

He cares about this forum heaps too...

As do cc and IHJ...

I think you are a terrific contributor. And I have never had a problem with your positions, including COVID. But, you sometimes let your temper get the best of you in disagreements. I've seen in the nine years I have been here that letting one's temper get the best of a poster is a major discussion killer. God, did we see it with Shen Li in the early days of this community. I am not comparing you to a younger SL, so did get angry.

deadskinmask

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=433713 time=1641554402 user_id=114
I don't care what others do with their bodies though I'm uneasy with abortions, especially later abortions. It's not just one body.

It's a conundrum for those of us who defend liberty. I am pro choice, but not late term. That is ghastly.

i think abortions should be regulated.... there are plenty of justifications for abortion. rape, incest, health issues, etc.... its when they're performed on a whim that i want to slam on the brakes.... this is medical personnel that swore an oath to 'do no harm'.... but because someone has money to pay for the service, suddenly they're fine with killing healthy babies or mangling a perfectly normal penis or vagina to accommodate the mentally ill owner.... or stretching, fabricating and even straight out lying about the number of covid deaths to promote more vaccinations.... they've even diagnosed ppl with 'climate change'.... i've watched the decline of an otherwise respected field as they lose all credibility by putting money above morality.... its never been more clear to me than now....

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=433684 time=1641531553 user_id=88
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=433681 time=1641531214 user_id=114

Exactly BT. :smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:  

This is hypocritical as well as being dangerous rationalizing. I smoked for twenty seven years. I paid a lot of taxes through my former habit to support our health care system. If I had developed lung cancer would they refuse to treat me.

I am sorry cc and IHJ, but this is not a justification for discrimination against the unvaccinated.

What discrimination? No one is advocating doing anything against them.

PS - everyone has a right to gripe about unfairness brought on by irresponsibility .. which is the case here

Oh, and my gripe is not just cost of the irresponsible's care (which actually is already large and will be very large before we are done with this) ,, and not as Brick pontificates

but more so   the otherwise unnecessary  hospital fillings causing serious harm to others with serious and time-precious attention that it brings with it .... (something no one else has managed to voluntarily achieve in our history far as I can recall)

Anyone who cares to argue that is a good thing, the floor is their's

Vaccine passports are discriminatory. That is why governments have them-to discriminate.

Anonymous

Quote from: deadskinmask post_id=433717 time=1641556385 user_id=1582
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=433713 time=1641554402 user_id=114

i think abortions should be regulated.... there are plenty of justifications for abortion. rape, incest, health issues, etc.... its when they're performed on a whim that i want to slam on the brakes.... this is medical personnel that swore an oath to 'do no harm'.... but because someone has money to pay for the service, suddenly they're fine with killing healthy babies or mangling a perfectly normal penis or vagina to accommodate the mentally ill owner.... or stretching, fabricating and even straight out lying about the number of covid deaths to promote more vaccinations.... they've even diagnosed ppl with 'climate change'.... i've watched the decline of an otherwise respected field as they lose all credibility by putting money above morality.... its never been more clear to me than now....

Abortion is an issue I rarely discuss. Now that the can of worms has been opened, I think I will close it.

deadskinmask

abortion wasn't the crux of my post.... it was the corruption of the medical field in general.... but thats cool....

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=433700 time=1641537425 user_id=1560
Quote from: cc post_id=433682 time=1641531347 user_id=88

But, in keeping with the abrogation of human rights we might as well go the whole way.

Like it or not, "Universal Health" does not mean health care for all except people who are irresponsible as to their general well being.

The cost of treating Covid patients, at least here, is a mere speck on the whiteboard of health budgetary management.

I support vaccinations, and encourage everyone to be innoculated, FOR THEIR OWN SAKE.

I support the rights of people everywhere to choose what is injected into their own bodies, and the rights of parents to choose what is best for their child.

So far, other than emotive and sanctimonious lambasting, I have not seen any argument which renders my views invalid.

In a Drama Queen mode I see

I think it's time I pointed something out to you.

YOU are at the epicentre of the insults, aggravation and disharmony that we are experiencing.

I do not accuse you of instigation. I have no idea "who started it". But you are as culpable as anyone else because you simply cannot discuss this matter with any dignity, respect or acceptance that others have a different view than you.

I acknowledge that you have been the brunt of insults. But your response is to throw fuel on the fire. Then you complain that it's too hot in here.

You have alleged that some here are here to dismantle or destroy this forum. That is asinine and absurd. You have even implied that I am involved with this plot.

Your are not, in my view, demonstrating conduct other than that against which you rail. You are a hypocrite in that respect. You are not discussing or debating anything as far as I can see. You are crusading and ignoring the fact that other people have valid issues that are worthy of DISCUSSION.

I do not condone the abuse you've received. But I cannot help think that you are bringing this on yourself with your haughty and condescending attitude to the subject at hand. I made a comment which reflects my view that no argument has yet been forwarded to justify the unlawful measures that have been inflicted on all of us. YOUR NAME WAS NOT MENTIONED, NOR WAS MY COMMENT DIRECTED AT ANY PARTICULAR PERSON.

But you accuse me of being a drama queen???? Is that what you regard as an adult response.

I cannot be help but think that behind your hostility is an essence of sexism against males. Not for the first time have you made snide remarks at male posters, myself included.

Some of us have made it clear that things need to change around here. You have not heeded that message. I note that Freud has attempted to temper his demeanour in discussions...a rare thing, I can testify to.

But you don't get it. You have no idea that you are part of this problem. Here's a newsflash from the elder statesman of this forum; you ARE part of the problem. The last time I took a powder it was because of YOUR attitude, and I can say with confidence I am not the first to tire of it.

There we go, folks. The senior member has thrown a hand grenade into our heart. Let's see who has the maturity and commitment to this community to turn things around.

I have never had anything less than total respect for cc. But, in this case she is guilty of what she has accused others of. You are right BT, and I see it too.

CC, we had a peace understanding. All sides were on board. Don't be the one to break it.

BT's comments were not insults and you didn't have to step over meme spam. Please respond as the highly intelligent woman that you are.