Replies: 7375
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 04:46:53 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

Universities Will Struggle In The Future

Started by Anonymous, January 14, 2022, 09:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Universities in the US in particular are way overpriced and all of the courses are now subsumed with bizarre ideological neo-Marxism. Many futurists are predicting a dire time for universities within a decade, with some prediction that up to 50% will fold. Online training will likely become much better, and universities may not be able to compete with private providers.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=434841 time=1642213907 user_id=56
Universities in the US in particular are way overpriced and all of the courses are now subsumed with bizarre ideological neo-Marxism. Many futurists are predicting a dire time for universities within a decade, with some prediction that up to 50% will fold. Online training will likely become much better, and universities may not be able to compete with private providers.

I hope to start university studies when my son is finished his education and working..

It will probably be online, but I feel it's considered inferior to in person learning.

Anonymous

Libtard arts, humanities and social science subjects and departments have been hijacked by postmodernist/neo-Marxist ideology. In the worst cases schools are becoming something akin to Maoist, with zealots on staff and in the student body reigning terror on everyone else. You'd have to be asleep at the wheel not to know about this. e.g. Yale is investing millions into diversity tribunals and counseling for all kinds of imagined "trauma."

This is massively expensive, and one of the reasons fees are absurdly high. These diversity burocrats are paid absurd amounts of money.

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=434850 time=1642215569 user_id=1560
The sooner the better.

Yep! Offer crap products and have poor business model and you deserve to fail.

Asian foreign students are keeping Canadian and American unis afloat. When they stop coming, it's lights out for many of the Trotsky factories.

Anonymous

I have my doubts that online learning will ever surpass in person learning at university.

Anonymous

I am glad I completed my masters in contemporary dance in person. It really helped my career on the rigs.

Bricktop

Man, I would pay a year's salary to watch you dance!!!

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=434856 time=1642217109 user_id=1689

I am glad I completed my masters in contemporary dance in person. It really helped my career on the rigs.

:laugh:

Gaon

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=434851 time=1642215899 user_id=56
The sooner the better.

Asian foreign students are keeping Canadian and American unis afloat. When they stop coming, it's lights out for many of the Trotsky factories.

A degree from an American Ivy League university is still considered prestigious everywhere in the world.
The Russian Rock It

cc

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=434849 time=1642215532 user_id=56
Libtard arts, humanities and social science subjects and departments have been hijacked by postmodernist/neo-Marxist ideology. In the worst cases schools are becoming something akin to Maoist, with zealots on staff and in the student body reigning terror on everyone else. You'd have to be asleep at the wheel not to know about this. e.g. Yale is investing millions into diversity tribunals and counseling for all kinds of imagined "trauma."

Woke & neo-Marxist ideology is also being forced into & upon  "actual" Science, Economics , Engineering, Architecture, Physics  etc.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=434876 time=1642224966 user_id=88

Woke & neo-Marxist ideology is also being forced into & upon  "actual" Science, Economics , Engineering, Architecture, Physics  etc.

They have to have a little science. BA's are one hundred percent woke wackiness.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=434876 time=1642224966 user_id=88

My daughter is not in an arts program.....she hasn't said there is much if any ideological bullying.

cc

Large US U's it's  there now, many Canadian ones also. I know for sure U Windsor is very woke .. also Conestoga, Waterloo, U Vic

Woke is  not strong  quite everywhere  ... but it grows everyday
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Frood

Quote from: Gaon post_id=434868 time=1642222688 user_id=3170
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=434851 time=1642215899 user_id=56
The sooner the better.

A degree from an American Ivy League university is still considered prestigious everywhere in the world.

I'd consider it a mark of shame....

...despite the positions and salaries some of them pull down.
Blahhhhhh...