Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 10:10:33 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Universities Will Struggle In The Future

Started by Anonymous, January 14, 2022, 09:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=435571 time=1642698495 user_id=114
Dr. Jordan Peterson has resigned from the University of Toronto and issued a scathing rebuke of academia in an essay for the National Post.

Peterson, a former tenured professor at the university, said that he could no longer stomach the school's feverish, frenzied, and over-the-top push for diversity, equity, and inclusion.

Peterson explained that he could no longer idly stand by and watch what he called "qualified and supremely trained heterosexual white male graduate students" be overlooked for research positions due to a push for diversity, equity, and inclusion.

Peterson said that cancel culture and overt political correctness are also at the nefarious center of secondary education culture's corruption and that otherwise brilliant instructors are made to kowtow to diversity initiatives or lose their livelihoods.

"All of you going along with the [diversity, inclusion, and equity] activists, whatever your reasons: This is on you," he said. "Cowering cravenly in pretence and silence. Teaching your students to dissimulate and lie. To get along. As the walls crumble. For shame. CEOs: Signalling a virtue you don't possess and shouldn't want to please a minority who literally live their lives by displeasure. You're evil capitalists, after all, and should be proud of it. At the moment, I can't tell if you're more reprehensibly timid even than the professors. Why the hell don't you banish the human resource [diversity, inclusion, and equity] upstarts back to the more-appropriately-named Personnel departments, stop them from interfering with the psyches of you and your employees, and be done with it?"

https://www.theblaze.com/news/jordan-peterson-resigns-as-tenured-university-of-toronto-professor-torpedoes-academia-as-stunningly-corrupt-enterprise?utm_source=theblaze-breaking&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20220120Trending-JordanPeterson&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Breaking%20News">https://www.theblaze.com/news/jordan-pe ... ing%20News">https://www.theblaze.com/news/jordan-peterson-resigns-as-tenured-university-of-toronto-professor-torpedoes-academia-as-stunningly-corrupt-enterprise?utm_source=theblaze-breaking&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20220120Trending-JordanPeterson&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Breaking%20News

Frankly, I'm surprised he lasted as ling in academia as he did.

I would pay for any course he taught.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=435625 time=1642733637 user_id=2015
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=435616 time=1642732023 user_id=56
Quote from: cw_ post_id=435613 time=1642731155 user_id=3226
So, you admit, you've been subsidizing underwater basket weaver degrees...

Racially superior your flat ass!

While whites are neither practical nor smart, in this country they have control over the public purse. The dumb pasty-skinned fucks make us diligent Asians pay for all kinds of their ideological horseshit.

You hate White people, you hate Americans. Are there any other demographics under your bed.

Lots. Freight train operators for example.

Odinson

I agree with him to some extent on certain things...

I dont take everything he says as gospel.

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=435631 time=1642734347 user_id=136
I agree with him to some extent on certain things...

I dont take everything he says as gospel.

I don't agree with anything 99 percent of his fellow liberal arts professors say.

cw_

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=435617 time=1642732309 user_id=1560
Quote from: cw_ post_id=435610 time=1642730535 user_id=3226
Show us on this doll

">

where the underwater basket weaver degree holders hurt you.

Certainly.

As an employer, I try to recruit staff that will best serve the needs of the business, whilst offering a growing and developing opportunity for the potential hire.

The chaff that universities churn out since the 1990's makes it increasingly difficult to recruit quality staff, because in part, these Institutes of Idiocy spread resources increasingly thin to service unnecessary, irrelevant and wasteful "degrees" that serve no useful purpose.

Keep 'em coming. Happy to introduce you to reality.

The reality is that your 'business needs' have absolutely nothing to do with available fields of study.

Anonymous

Quote from: cw_ post_id=435633 time=1642734547 user_id=3226
Quote from: Bricktop post_id=435617 time=1642732309 user_id=1560
Quote from: cw_ post_id=435610 time=1642730535 user_id=3226
Show us on this doll

">

where the underwater basket weaver degree holders hurt you.

Certainly.

As an employer, I try to recruit staff that will best serve the needs of the business, whilst offering a growing and developing opportunity for the potential hire.

The chaff that universities churn out since the 1990's makes it increasingly difficult to recruit quality staff, because in part, these Institutes of Idiocy spread resources increasingly thin to service unnecessary, irrelevant and wasteful "degrees" that serve no useful purpose.

Keep 'em coming. Happy to introduce you to reality.

The reality is that your 'business needs' have absolutely nothing to do with available fields of study.

How do you know what his business needs are? I've posted with him for years, and I have no idea what he did after being a cop.

cw_

Whatever his business needs are, they cannot dictate fields of study for others.  No one is forcing him to hire underwater basket weavers.

Anonymous

Quote from: cw_ post_id=435635 time=1642734970 user_id=3226
Whatever his business needs are, they cannot dictate fields of study for others.  No one is forcing him to hire underwater basket weavers.

We are forced to pay for their stupid degrees.

cw_

Bricktop

Odinson

A lot of people have degrees nowadays.

And yet they cant write a report in proper English... Or in my case, proper Finnish.

I think the information would sink in better if the students were forced to use pen and paper.

There are reports that your average student cant read properly.

And if he/she can read, he/she cant understand what he/she is reading.

cw_

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=435642 time=1642735693 user_id=1560
How about sending her a refund?

heh,  sure why not?  Poor thing has a flat ass and grievance.

Anonymous

Quote from: cw_ post_id=435638 time=1642735388 user_id=3226
Sorry about your acquiescence.

I'm sure Shen protests......a lot.

:laugh:

Bricktop

Quote from: Odinson post_id=435643 time=1642735862 user_id=136
A lot of people have degrees nowadays.

And yet they cant write a report in proper English... Or in my case, proper Finnish.

I think the information would sink in better if the students were forced to use pen and paper.

There are reports that your average student cant read properly.

And if he/she can read, he/she cant understand what he/she is reading.

I can firmly attest to the fact that the modern graduate borders on the illiterate. They rarely do their own assignments, reports or CV's.

Some of the resumes I received were appalling, clearly indicating which applicants had their CV completed for them and those that did their own.

The problem is do you lean towards those that at least try to do their own, or those that had them professionally prepared and thus present much better.

Either way, whatever it is they teach them in tertiary institutes has no relationship to getting a job in the real world.

Anonymous

Quote from: cw_ post_id=435644 time=1642735911 user_id=3226
Quote from: Bricktop post_id=435642 time=1642735693 user_id=1560
How about sending her a refund?

heh,  sure why not?  Poor thing has a flat ass and grievance.

If we don't pay for your hobby degrees, we are paying for your mental health issues if you don't get what you want. Either way, you people are a burden on us racially superior Asians.