News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8456
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 03:49:33 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Dove

And now for something completely different...

Started by Bricktop, January 25, 2022, 12:40:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

I'm going to list ten movies I have seen that were hailed as masterworks and I found them utterly dull.

Feel free to add your own.

1. Dances with Wolves. 3 hours of tedium Americana that went nowhere, said nothing, served no purpose.

2. Gravity. Amazing special effects combined with an thoroughly absurd plot starring two very overrated actors.

3. Chariots of Fire. This thing won an Oscar because critics assumed that somewhere in the dross was a "message". There wasn't. Just dross.

4. Star Wars. The last one. Absolutely awful, predictable and another attempt to portray women as men. They are not. They never will be. They should be grateful for that.

5. The Revenant. The World's Greenest Actor, Leo De Caprio in a silly western "back from the dead" plot driven by "deus ex machina" nonsense.

6. Roma. This thing won an Oscar!!! It has to be seen to be believed...but first you have to stay awake long enough to realise it isn't about anything.

7. Quantum of Solace. I love James Bond, and Daniel Craig did the role proud. But this thing made no sense, had no suspense, and wasted all its talent.

8. Interstellar. Stellar it aint. Confusing, irrational, nonsensical. Might have known with the very dull cast in it.

9. Yesterday. A feckless failed INDIAN song writer wakes up to find that he is the only person who knows Beatle songs and becomes a superstar. Yes, it IS that bad.

10. Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull. It defies belief that this tired character is being dusted off for another farcical run around. At least it featured the "fridge" moment that will be remembered as the silliest escape routine in cinema history.

Anyone else?

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=436104 time=1643089219 user_id=1560
I'm going to list ten movies I have seen that were hailed as masterworks and I found them utterly dull.

1. Dances with Wolves. 3 hours of tedium Americana that went nowhere, said nothing, served no purpose.

2. Gravity. Amazing special effects combined with an thoroughly absurd plot starring two very overrated actors.

3. Chariots of Fire. This thing won an Oscar because critics assumed that somewhere in the dross was a "message". There wasn't. Just dross.

4. Star Wars. The last one. Absolutely awful, predictable and another attempt to portray women as men. They are not. They never will be. They should be grateful for that.

5. The Revenant. The World's Greenest Actor, Leo De Caprio in a silly western "back from the dead" plot driven by "deus ex machina" nonsense.

6. Roma. This thing won an Oscar!!! It has to be seen to be believed...but first you have to stay awake long enough to realise it isn't about anything.

7. Quantum of Solace. I love James Bond, and Daniel Craig did the role proud. But this thing made no sense, had no suspense, and wasted all its talent.

8. Interstellar. Stellar it aint. Confusing, irrational, nonsensical. Might have known with the very dull cast in it.

9. Yesterday. A feckless failed INDIAN song writer wakes up to find that he is the only person who knows Beatle songs and becomes a superstar. Yes, it IS that bad.

10. Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull. It defies belief that this tired character is being dusted off for another farcical run around. At least it featured the "fridge" moment that will be remembered as the silliest escape routine in cinema history.

Anyone else?

The ones that I saw I agree.

Anonymous

I saw Munich, Edge of War. Disappointing. On the other hand, Driven about John DeLorean was better than I expected.

Anonymous

Bricktop

Anonymous

Anonymous

The Irishman started off good, but then it went downhill.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=436111 time=1643090354 user_id=1560
Haven't seen it yet. Not worth the effort???

Not at all.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Gotti with John Travolta as the legendary head of the Gambino crime family sucked. So did El Camino.

Frood

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=436104 time=1643089219 user_id=1560

Anyone else?

Virtually everything made in the last 5 years.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

cc

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=436199 time=1643152595 user_id=1560
True.

Woke crap, mostly.

Not the topic of this thread, but TV has  gone crazy woke .. every TV show including those that have been around a long time have changed drastically and are now chock full of the various areas of woke in every single show .. right up to and including vomit inducement
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=436201 time=1643152946 user_id=88
Quote from: Bricktop post_id=436199 time=1643152595 user_id=1560
True.

Woke crap, mostly.

Not the topic of this thread, but TV has  gone crazy woke .. every TV show including those that have been around a long time have changed drastically and are now chock full of the various areas of woke in every single show

Can you give an example.

Bricktop

10 lauded musical artists that I find dull and boring.

1. Eric Clapton. Overrated by a long way. Not seen him live...but from accounts, that's a good thing.

2. Fleetwood Mac. Not the original Fleetwood Mac. The Abba tribute band that calls themselves Fleetwood Mac. Dull.

3. Mariah Carey. The screeching makes my ears bleed.

4. Coldplay. I know...everyone thinks Coldplay are dull.

5. ELO. Nice little pop tunes, but Jeff Lynn is as animate as a cigar store Indian and looks even less interested in his songs than I am.

6. U2. Dreary at best, sanctimonious at worst. Yawn.

7. Elton John. His best music was decades ago. Literally.

8. Metallica. The same noise repeated as nauseum.

9. Ed Sheeran. I haven't listened to much of his stuff, but what I've heard is background dross.

10. Jethro Tull. I loved JT in the Aqualung/Thick as a Brick days...but since then they've played the same songs over and over.

I haven't included some artists like Adele, Britney or Justin Bieber because I've  never listened to them. Otherwise they may have made the list.