The best topic

Replies: 8333
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 07:34:21 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Thiel

Anyone from Japan here?

Started by Rancidmilko, January 29, 2022, 10:40:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: Rancidmilko post_id=436967 time=1643480877 user_id=2853
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=436960 time=1643479820 user_id=3254
Quote from: Rancidmilko post_id=436956 time=1643479176 user_id=2853
BTW, that show Round Six was a HUUUUGE success here in Brazil

A lot of Korean shows on Netflix

K-pop also has a large fan base here in Brazil.

Asian cartoons too.

Do you mean Squid Game Rancidmilko?

It's too violent for my tastes.....so is the Japanese series Alice in Borderland.

Yes, that's the name in English

There's also that one with the monsters who go around killing people after they receive a warning, I forgot the name, I started watching that one,

Lots of movies too, Parasite, Train to Busan and others

I hated Train to Busan. But, I hate the Walking Dead. So, I don't know why I watched that movie.

Frood

I loved Train to Busan... epic movie... the baseball team beating each other was epic.... and the deer....
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: Rancidmilko post_id=436926 time=1643470828 user_id=2853
I like to watch stuff about myths, the occult, that kind of stuff

So yesterday I was watching something about Japan's samurais

More specifically, Taira no Masakado.

Holy crap. What a bunch of crazy stuff.

Of course, you could ignore it all and call it all a myth, since he lived more than 1000 years ago, so the craziest stuff, like his head crying and mumbling and then uprooting a tree and flying hundreds of miles away.

But you can't deny all the weird stuff that continued to happen in modern times, like when the US was doing construction around his gravestone and the bulldozer simply tipped over and killed the operator in a very freak accident when the bulldozer touched his grave.

And to this day, people still fear and respect Masakado, since they put all the seats facing his tomb in nearby buildings and there's even a bank with an account full of money in Masakado's name.

What surprises me is that the Japanese are a very rational and intelligent people, you can't deny that. But their culture is completely sunk in the paranormal and the occult.

The western, specially the Americas, are "new" places in terms of culture, so it seems like people are way more mundane and skeptic around here, but these beliefs are still pretty much alive in much of Asia.

I'll be checking out more stuff about Japan later, it seems like they have a lot of crazy stuff going on there.

I have some Japanese in me. I am white though.

When I was in my late teens and early twenties I wanted to reconnect with that part of my heritage. I was fascinated with Japan's samurai past. Sadly, I have forgotten most of it.

Frood

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=436977 time=1643484022 user_id=2015
Quote from: Rancidmilko post_id=436926 time=1643470828 user_id=2853
I like to watch stuff about myths, the occult, that kind of stuff

So yesterday I was watching something about Japan's samurais

More specifically, Taira no Masakado.

Holy crap. What a bunch of crazy stuff.

Of course, you could ignore it all and call it all a myth, since he lived more than 1000 years ago, so the craziest stuff, like his head crying and mumbling and then uprooting a tree and flying hundreds of miles away.

But you can't deny all the weird stuff that continued to happen in modern times, like when the US was doing construction around his gravestone and the bulldozer simply tipped over and killed the operator in a very freak accident when the bulldozer touched his grave.

And to this day, people still fear and respect Masakado, since they put all the seats facing his tomb in nearby buildings and there's even a bank with an account full of money in Masakado's name.

What surprises me is that the Japanese are a very rational and intelligent people, you can't deny that. But their culture is completely sunk in the paranormal and the occult.

The western, specially the Americas, are "new" places in terms of culture, so it seems like people are way more mundane and skeptic around here, but these beliefs are still pretty much alive in much of Asia.

I'll be checking out more stuff about Japan later, it seems like they have a lot of crazy stuff going on there.

I have some Japanese in me. I am white though.

When I was in my late teens and early twenties I wanted to reconnect with that part of my heritage. I was fascinated with Japan's samurai past. Sadly, I have forgotten most of it.

I wasn't raised with samurai culture but I've practiced on plenty of hanging deer and cattle corpses...

The trick is in the cut and angle.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Anonymous

Japan, the country all Asians love and love to hate.

Anonymous

The popularity of K-pop and Korean mivies has not trickled down to the masses in Korea. Korea's economy has slowed like the rest of the former Asian tigers. But, unlike Singapore, and Taiwan, quality of life is dropping in Korea. Japan's economy has been slow for thirty five years, but dispaosable income continues to rise. Not so in Korea.

Rancidmilko

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=437064 time=1643498363 user_id=114
The popularity of K-pop and Korean mivies has not trickled down to the masses in Korea. Korea's economy has slowed like the rest of the former Asian tigers. But, unlike Singapore, and Taiwan, quality of life is dropping in Korea. Japan's economy has been slow for thirty five years, but dispaosable income continues to rise. Not so in Korea.

That movie Parasite kind gives an insight on what's happening there

Too many people, housing has become unaffordable for many

I saw the same is happening in Germany too. They have a million homeless people there, unbelievable. So many who have jobs and still have to live in cars and garages

In Brazil, we do have the space. but people still insist in piling up like animals in slums, many in places that are prone to floods and landslides

In some ways, we have built a society that has to be completely dismantled before it can be fixed for good.
There\'s always a bigger fish.

Anonymous

Quote from: Rancidmilko post_id=437704 time=1643900708 user_id=2853

I saw the same is happening in Germany too. They have a million homeless people there, unbelievable. So many who have jobs and still have to live in cars and garages

In Brazil, we do have the space. but people still insist in piling up like animals in slums, many in places that are prone to floods and landslides

In some ways, we have built a society that has to be completely dismantled before it can be fixed for good.

Don't get me wrong, Japan and Taiwan have social problems like any other country. But, the middle class in those two countries continues to grow more prosperous even with stagnant economic growth. Kind of like Australia.

In Korea, the jobs that moved millions of Koreans into middle class prosperity four decades ago are disappearing quickly. The wealthy are doing fine. If this isn't reversed soon, Korea risks becoming like every other developed nation with a huge underclass, an elite ruling class and not many people in the middle.

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=437706 time=1643901312 user_id=114
Quote from: Rancidmilko post_id=437704 time=1643900708 user_id=2853

Don't get me wrong, Japan and Taiwan have social problems like any other country. But, the middle class in those two countries continues to grow more prosperous even with stagnant economic growth. Kind of like Australia.

In Korea, the jobs that moved millions of Koreans into middle class prosperity four decades ago are disappearing quickly. The wealthy are doing fine. If this isn't reversed soon, Korea risks becoming like every other developed nation with a huge underclass, an elite ruling class and not many people in the middle.

I'm seeing more Korean immigrants in the last ten years..

Many I've talked to have said similar things you've said Seoul..

I haven't noticed a collapse of the middle class in Taiwan.