Replies: 7375
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 04:46:53 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

Hollywood is the forward brigade of woke politics

Started by Bricktop, February 02, 2022, 06:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

Just another example of how entertainment media magnates are using their positions of influence to advance their political agenda.

">

Star Wars and Star Trek were converted to woke propaganda. Add to the list Dr Who, Masters of the Universe, Indiana Jones (reportedly), James Bond and so many other establised franchises. Even video games are not immune from being feminised and homosexually prioritised.

Hollywood has always been subversive, promoting America's values and culture in a fraudulently complimentary light. Their "sitcoms" were especially employed to show how wonderful America and it's cultural values were, especially in the 1950's.

To be fair, it sometimes wasn't afraid to show the dark side...Taxi Driver, Apocalypse Now, Colours and so on.

But this current trend is more sinister because it is built on a falsehood and deception that is based on political ideology. It is thus propaganda to promote a specific political viewpoint that is not universally accepted.

And it is no coincidence that much of this tripe is targeted towards young minds. Especially female young minds. Empowerment is one thing...distortion and deceit is quite another. Baiting young people with beloved characters and fictional worlds such as Star Wars only to then promote an opinion on how society should behave is wrong.

Anonymous

There is so much crap I will not watch because it is woke. I find myself watching more non English movies and shows on Netflix.

Bricktop

Likewise.

We've been watching movies and series from countries as far afield as Korea, Israel, Turkey, Russia, France, Spain and Germany on Netflix.

Very little sign of wokeness from those countries. There are also some reasonably good shows from Scandinavia on Netflix, but there is usually a degree of wokeness in them, but not as pronounced as the US crap.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=437613 time=1643845640 user_id=1560
Likewise.

We've been watching movies and series from countries as far afield as Korea, Israel, Turkey, Russia, France, Spain and Germany on Netflix.

Very little sign of wokeness from those countries. There are also some reasonably good shows from Scandinavia on Netflix, but there is usually a degree of wokeness in them, but not as pronounced as the US crap.

Woke entertainment does seem to be disproportionately in the English language.

Bricktop

Funny, that. Especially gay women.

Apparently, lesbianism is fashionable.

DKG

While entertainment viewers make do with watching TV and cable series and films that were in the can before Hollywood went on strike, the late night talk shows that depend on daily monologues have dropped off the viewing spectrum.

That's according to ratings from the community-driven entertainment database The TVDB, and recent comments made by political satirist Tim Young to the media outlet Fox News Digital.

One exception is Fox News' "Gutfeld!" The television host/commentator's hour-long political satire featuring panel discussions, parodies, and Greg Gutfeld's signature monologues, is still pumping out fresh episodes and attracting over 1.6 million viewers.

Their tired attempts at making funny news-based monologues that were always about Trump had become exhausting and unquotable, so they'd rarely even be covered by entertainment news anymore," Young told Fox News Digital. "Late night shows are so forgettable that I think people have just moved on. they just aren't missed."

Herman

Watch this between Roseanne Barr and Bill Maher. She puts him in his place.
Winner Winner x 1 View List

Lokmar

Quote from: DKG on January 06, 2024, 11:32:20 AM

LOL! Doesnt this stupid bitch know, a strong female, mentally deranged, alcoholic, drug addicted, asshat was already involved in the FIRST fukin Star Wars?

Lokmar

Quote from: Brent on January 06, 2024, 03:44:55 PMPrincess Leia played her part well.

She did.

My point tho was that it aint like women havent been represented. It makes me want to see a futuristic Sci-Fi movie made where women are decapitated and turned into fuck buckets who's sole purpose is to spew out children. That shit would bring out the "REEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" for sure! Enought with the "First Evah!" bullshit.