News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8456
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 03:49:33 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Dove

Ut oh. Is this the start of Canada's civil war?

Started by Bricktop, February 06, 2022, 07:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

I'm amused by her constant castigations of "conspiracy theorists" whilst simultaneously accusing long standing, high level contributors of this forum conspiring to undermine it.

I confess to feeling a little disappointed that other members here didn't pull her up on it and support those she falsely accused. Leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

cw_

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=441673 time=1646001008 user_id=1560
I'm amused by her constant castigations of "conspiracy theorists" whilst simultaneously accusing long standing, high level contributors of this forum conspiring to undermine it.

I confess to feeling a little disappointed that other members here didn't pull her up on it and support those she falsely accused. Leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

It's true.  Blazor and I are high contributors.  

">

Anonymous

Quote from: cw_ post_id=441674 time=1646001373 user_id=3226

">

:laugh:

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=441675 time=1646001579 user_id=3254

">

:laugh:

too true  ac_smile
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

Bricktop

">

I believe Herman is on that list as well.

:Ghelyon:

cw_

Quote from: cc post_id=441615 time=1645920899 user_id=88
As to this threads drama queening OP,  as a Canadian I resent the implication that Canada is not strong enough  to overcome anything ... up to and including T-2 stupidly and unforgivably overreacting and activating emergency powers  ... as his Daddy T-1 did

especially bad  after there was already an example mere days before that every city has all the powers it needs. Existing City powers merely need to be employed as Windsor did, got help with a mere injunction and quickly got border traffic flowing  .. this action being all that was ever needed

yet, the power mad T-1 had to play dictator like Daddy T-1 and employ a totally unnecessary &  a vile act

Canada as a country survived even that quite well. Canada remains strong as I have said it would from the gitgo .. nothing even remotely close to a  civil war

sorry to disappoint

NOTE!!!]For some time now, I open few if any  posts from members who actively & openly tried to divide this great forum into opposing sides (which they called "teams")  .. in an attempt to divide ....  a disgusting despicable action  (identifiable now by gaudy buttugly banners and forum-destructive manners)

I'm quite content to communicate only with those who would never play such divisive  games .. and only with those who would never dun our country as a country. Of course I will comment or reply on it's political problems.

I shall as of this post refrain totally from commenting on (or being drawn in) re:  any single individual of the pack

I have been doing so (in the main) for quite a while now and am greatly enjoying forum again. However, should the attempts at division cease, I'll reconsider .. till them I'm good as is

^

">

cc

I'm putting together an explanation of the "Oakes Test" which must be satisficed under Canadian law to:

1. allow Govt to Act under extraordinary powers & what they can and cannot do

and

2. to allow protesters to protest & what their rights are and are not & what they can and cannot do

under Canadian law .. they must fully satisfy and meet "The Oakes Test" ...  i.e. what passed & didn't pass the "Oakes Test"(which was not talked about at the time & most were unaware of)  

Never heard of it, right? That's OK, as most  know little of how Canadian law actually reads & make assumptions

It's pretty long and will take me a bit to summarize when  I have time , but it will clarify the disinformation and misunderstandings so many on both sides were putting out and greatly distorted  the early picture & assumptions of what can and cannot be done by both

It seemed neither side had a clue while things were happening and demands were being made and refuted

One can't beat actual facts that determine the "actual" validity of laws,  .. although they can get in the way of assumptions, eh  :icon_wink:  .. It will lay out what was actually legal and what was not

I'm not sure what thread I'll use, but I'll make sure everyone sees it .. assuming I can summarize it short enough to be readable

cw_

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=441679 time=1646002453 user_id=1560

">

I believe Herman is on that list as well.

:Ghelyon:

Old Herman is "high" in that list. :laugh3:

Bricktop

Quote from: cw_ post_id=441695 time=1646005503 user_id=3226
You should edit that.

Deleting it would be better.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=441708 time=1646008212 user_id=1560
Quote from: cw_ post_id=441695 time=1646005503 user_id=3226
You should edit that.

Deleting it would be better.

I aint following it. My attention span is two paragraphs max.

Anonymous

The largest truck convoy in the United States has grown in size since departing California and is attracting thousands of supporters as it makes its way toward the East Coast.

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=442105 time=1646239666 user_id=114
The largest truck convoy in the United States has grown in size since departing California and is attracting thousands of supporters as it makes its way toward the East Coast.

Even if they occupy DC, there is no chance of the extreme measures like Trudeau brought in.