The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Video for Bricktop....

Started by Frood, February 09, 2022, 06:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: cw_ post_id=438697 time=1644596907 user_id=3226
What have we learned?

Stay at home Mom is one of the most noble vocations and it contributes greatly to society.

Putting designs on clothing is irrelevant.

It does cw_..

I did it for the first year after each of my children were born.

Zetsu

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=438686 time=1644591765 user_id=3254
Quote from: Zetsu post_id=438678 time=1644563591 user_id=61
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=438677 time=1644562364 user_id=1676
If you don't understand an industry, it might be best to remain quiet....

Just a suggestion.

I wouldn't pretend to know what you actually do in yours but I have taken screenprinting short courses a couple of decades ago, and decided it was too fidgety and expensive for my needs at the time so I turfed it in. Later, the thermal digital prints improved and I again looked into it....along with dropshipping, but the market was saturated and designs were getting stolen online, so no go..

Yet all that or as little as that is enough to engage in a general conversation with you whereas you literally know nothing except "food and stuff comeszezs on teh truckz and boatz".

I'll never remain quiet about it.  ac_razz  All I know is that even a crane operator at a freight port in HK (when it was still the biggest in the world) only makes 30grand a year, and he's doing the same thing over and over again.

Silk screen printing is stone age tech, not to mention it causes lung cancer, so it's a no no.  Same goes with HTV, doesn't cause lung cancer but also stone age tech and we're not interested in it.  Though we have a sublimation printer and interested in gas dyeing some polyester tees, but then we use it more for a hobby rather than making money since the investment is less than 10 grand.  What we use at work is a DTG printing line, running and operating it isn't an issue, finding improvised solution to fix any of the 4 main machineries when it malfunctions is the part where most owners give up and surrender their business.

I don't know anything about your business Zetsu..

And even after you explain it I still don't.

ac_blush

I might not have explain it too well due to the fact I'm not allowed disclose too much information related to our trade skills, so I had to keep it vague.  If you're interested here is one of the video posted by one of our competitors that also specialized in DTG.

">
Permanently off his rocker

Zetsu

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=438710 time=1644609424 user_id=2015
Quote from: Bricktop post_id=438663 time=1644558290 user_id=1560
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=438656 time=1644557364 user_id=1676
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=438632 time=1644550820 user_id=3254
Most of us on here have mentioned at one time or another what we do....or in the case of retired posters like kiebers, Herman, and Bricktop what they did..

I admit I was curious what Dinky did for work.

Since you've asked politely, I don't mind mentioning some generalities.

From 2013-2020, load planning/scheduling for interstate AB double rigs, rail, and reefer sea freight containers.

Before that (from around the time Bricktop and I met online), Internal Logistics, Inbound Receiving, and non OEM materials distribution for an automotive corporation.

Prior to those jobs and for a couple of short term contracts during, a mining based corporation's mechanical division.

These days, as cw has pointed out, a stay at home Mr. Mom type though I expect to be leaving for the state of NSW soon for the prospect of mandate free employment.

Put another way, Freud was a clerk for a trucking company.

What a asset to society he is.

He has the nerve to call me choo choo boy. I have never met a freight train locomotive engineer who has quit to get a better job as a trucking company monkey.

My thoughts exactly too, he trolls about Bricks and your profession, yet he have kept his past job experience a closely guarded secret so no one can make fun of him about.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=438679 time=1644565391 user_id=1676

Just a suggestion.

I wouldn't pretend to know what you actually do in yours but I have taken screenprinting short courses a couple of decades ago, and decided it was too fidgety and expensive for my needs at the time so I turfed it in. Later, the thermal digital prints improved and I again looked into it....along with dropshipping, but the market was saturated and designs were getting stolen online, so no go..

Yet all that or as little as that is enough to engage in a general conversation with you whereas you literally know nothing except "food and stuff comeszezs on teh truckz and boatz".

I'll never remain quiet about it.  ac_razz  All I know is that even a crane operator at a freight port in HK (when it was still the biggest in the world) only makes 30grand a year, and he's doing the same thing over and over again.

Silk screen printing is stone age tech, not to mention it causes lung cancer, so it's a no no.  Same goes with HTV, doesn't cause lung cancer but also stone age tech and we're not interested in it.  Though we have a sublimation printer and interested in gas dyeing some polyester tees, but then we use it more for a hobby rather than making money since the investment is less than 10 grand.  What we use at work is a DTG printing line, running and operating it isn't an issue, finding improvised solution to fix any of the 4 main machineries when it malfunctions is the part where most owners give up and surrender their business.

Interesting.... is it a diy dtg line with cis ink reservoirs or an off the shelf whiz bang system?

As for crane operators in hk, that figure seems extremely low but I haven't been on one in 17 years and only keep my tickets from expiring. I'd say port operators in the West would be on at least 65-70k plus overtime and penalty rates....so around 90-100k pa...

Port operators are a protected class. Even the people who drive new vehicles off a boat get at least that much.

So far there's no one to my knowledge that have successfully created their own customized DTG printer, even if it has been made it can it can only print on white apparels, if it can print on colour clothing, the time spent and productivity gained would be considered as negative, and the mad genius would have made more money flipping burgers at McD.  Even the machineries we use which are made in Japan, Germany or the USA, they still malfunction a lot due to their sophisticated and delicate design, and requires a lot of time to maintain, diagnose constantly and fix them, hence why the market is littered with 2nd hand DTG OEM machines.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=438673 time=1644560452 user_id=1676

I can't say a lot of what I have done though... there are NDA's in place

:roll:

cw_

cw_

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=438717 time=1644613308 user_id=3254

It does cw_..

I did it for the first year after each of my children were born.

Quote from: cw_ post_id=438735 time=1644621190 user_id=3226#metoo x's 10

Anonymous

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=438719 time=1644615635 user_id=61

Just a suggestion.

ac_blush

I might not have explain it too well due to the fact I'm not allowed disclose too much information related to our trade skills, so I had to keep it vague.  If you're interested here is one of the video posted by one of our competitors that also specialized in DTG.

">

That is some cool shit there brother.

Zetsu

Quote from: Herman post_id=438752 time=1644625940 user_id=1689
Quote from: Zetsu post_id=438719 time=1644615635 user_id=61

Just a suggestion.

ac_blush

">

That is some cool shit there brother.

Not to mention it could be a lot of fun for anyone passionate about it  ac_cool , my brother doesn't really like it one bit but I still think it's the best real life video game out there.

Bricktop

Coooool....I'd love to make my own T shirt.

Zetsu

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=438765 time=1644627236 user_id=1560
Coooool....I'd love to make my own T shirt.

I'm glad you like tshirt printing too, in case if you're ever ordering tshirts online, please stay away from this seller aka "Spread Shirt".  Despite how the video shows how neat and organized they are, lol their QC management is one of the worst I've known, though it's some what expected for a factory of this size.

Anonymous

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=438720 time=1644615992 user_id=61
Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=438710 time=1644609424 user_id=2015
Quote from: Bricktop post_id=438663 time=1644558290 user_id=1560
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=438656 time=1644557364 user_id=1676
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=438632 time=1644550820 user_id=3254
Most of us on here have mentioned at one time or another what we do....or in the case of retired posters like kiebers, Herman, and Bricktop what they did..

I admit I was curious what Dinky did for work.

Since you've asked politely, I don't mind mentioning some generalities.

From 2013-2020, load planning/scheduling for interstate AB double rigs, rail, and reefer sea freight containers.

Before that (from around the time Bricktop and I met online), Internal Logistics, Inbound Receiving, and non OEM materials distribution for an automotive corporation.

Prior to those jobs and for a couple of short term contracts during, a mining based corporation's mechanical division.

These days, as cw has pointed out, a stay at home Mr. Mom type though I expect to be leaving for the state of NSW soon for the prospect of mandate free employment.

Put another way, Freud was a clerk for a trucking company.

What a asset to society he is.

He has the nerve to call me choo choo boy. I have never met a freight train locomotive engineer who has quit to get a better job as a trucking company monkey.

My thoughts exactly too, he trolls about Bricks and your profession, yet he have kept his past job experience a closely guarded secret so no one can make fun of him about.

IHJ has an interesting job, you and cc own thriving businesses, Shen is an educated professional, Herman, and Bricktop are confortably retired after successful careers, and I have a job that helps me put food on the table for my family..

My point is that almost all work has worth, and we shouldn't look down on others for what they do.

Frood

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=438725 time=1644618736 user_id=1560
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=438673 time=1644560452 user_id=1676

I can't say a lot of what I have done though... there are NDA's in place

:roll:

I signed them; I'm not violating them.

Corporate espionage is a real thing.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

I would like to see an NDA which claims you cannot reveal your place of employment, your duties and job description.

What a ludicrous claim.

Frood

If I mentioned my duties and job descriptions in any detail, I would essentially be opening the companies to unwanted focus and/or scrutiny.

And as a matter of principle, I don't name companies or individuals online. That's just a given.
Blahhhhhh...