The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Fighting Back, More Ottawa Residents & Businesses Join Lawsuit against Protesters & Donors - over $300 Million & Growing

Started by cc, February 17, 2022, 01:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=440135 time=1645228268 user_id=2015
His point was China stopped protests it doesn't like. They used force. Trudeau seizes bank accounts of his political opponents. As David Lametti said, if you hold the wrong beliefs and donated money, you better be worried. Trudeau wan't kidding when he said he admired China's basic dictatorship.

I understood that and also cannot disagree with a word of what you said.

Use of "the square" was not a wise use to compare to today and a serious trigger word for me.

I recall watching those days and the dark feeling is right there every time I even think of "the square" .. as strong as at the time

It was a tragedy that  still vivid in my mind

Of course T-2 is an admirer of how effective their brutal dictatorship is ..

Both T's were and are brutal "dictators in their hearts" .. Both pushed that to the very limits.  ... In both cases, it was  totally unnecessary & evil
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Gaon

Quote from: cc post_id=439851 time=1645123674 user_id=88
What started as a single 21 year old woman suing for the effect on her life and income

has grown to over $300 Million and now includes businesses going after truckers & contributors for loss of revenue

The class-action lawsuit launched by Ottawa residents against protesters in the city's downtown now includes an expanded area to include Sandy Hill and ByWard Market residents.

The team behind the original court action is adding businesses and workers as plaintiffs because they reported lost income, expanding total damages sought from $9.8 million to $306 million, and including a larger geographical area that extends to Somerset Street and the ByWard Market.

Lawyer Paul Champ successfully argued for a court-ordered injunction to silence the honking horns that plagued residents for the initial 11 days of the protest involving hundreds of semi-trucks and people who are against COVID-19 health measures.

Champ said his team is also going to start adding defendants who donated to truckers, as well as the truckers involved, as part of the action. The original suit named five defendants described as organizers but allowed for others to be named at a later date.

The injunction request came out of the proposed class-action lawsuit filed with the Ontario Superior Court of Justice on Feb. 7 by Champ, who was acting on behalf of Zexi Li, a 21-year-old public servant and downtown Ottawa resident.

Meet the 21-year-old Ottawa woman behind the injunction that silenced the honking & started financial lawsuit

This will have the approval of Justin Trudeau and turban wearing coalition partner. Perhaps government funding too. :negative:
The Russian Rock It

cc

That's a vile inhuman disgusting comparison, guy. ^^

In China that day, MANY died and were injured as troops opened fire indiscriminately  .. something that can only happen on our issue if someone pulls a gun

Try to get a grip on "proportion"  .. and while you are at it, on "reality"

.. although that clueless irresponsible Drama Queen compulsion can be a hard one to break  :wink:

cc

Quote from: Gaon post_id=440167 time=1645233345 user_id=3170 This will have the approval of Justin Trudeau and turban wearing coalition partner. Perhaps government funding too. :negative:

While I would expect they might  like to help, this is a "civil" action only and will play out as such in the courts only .. short of an out of court  settlement

Thiel

Does anyone else recall a protest against a sitting federal government garnerning such a disproportiante response.

Gaon, I can assure you that your federal government and the city of Ottawa is offering any and all assistance they can.
gay, conservative and proud

Bricktop

Quote from: cc post_id=440170 time=1645234382 user_id=88

In China that day, MANY died and were injured as troops opened fire indiscriminately  .. something that can only happen on our issue if someone pulls a gun

.. although that clueless irresponsible Drama Queen compulsion can be a hard one to break  :wink:

In my view, you seem deeply affected by current events. Your comments are becoming more stridently aggressive, and you seem to be losing your grip on rationality.

There is NOTHING vile in that comparison. The point being made is that in China, ONE man was prepared to stand before the tanks and tell them their intervention is not right, while in the other, people simply stepped aside when force was imposed on them.

Tank Man, as he is called, was not killed nor identified.

Your neurosis is getting completely out of control.

Thiel

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=440175 time=1645236985 user_id=1560
Quote from: cc post_id=440170 time=1645234382 user_id=88

In my view, you seem deeply affected by current events. Your comments are becoming more stridently aggressive, and you seem to be losing your grip on rationality.

There is NOTHING vile in that comparison. The point being made is that in China, ONE man was prepared to stand before the tanks and tell them their intervention is not right, while in the other, people simply stepped aside when force was imposed on them.

Tank Man, as he is called, was not killed nor identified.

Your neurosis is getting completely out of control.

I agree with everything in this post except for your diagnosis of cc.

Bricktop

So, you're OK with her calling Oliver a "clueless irresponsible Drama Queen" for posting that image?

I'm sorry, I just can't agree. cc is a core and valued member here. I get that. But her intolerance and attacks on others is becoming increasingly strident.

I know I will be reflecting a minority view as she has many friends here, and that's OK.

But if she keeps attacking those she disagrees with, no-one should be surprised if she takes some hits in return.

cc

Quote from: Thiel post_id=440182 time=1645237624 user_id=1688
I agree with everything in this post except for your diagnosis of cc.

He's been my Doctor for a long time  .. but I'm getting no better

I'm not changing my view on the comparison. Yes Tank Man survived but he was part of a movement ending as a horrible massacre

And I have low tolerance for  Drama Queens not understanding "proportion"

Thiel

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=440184 time=1645237957 user_id=1560
So, you're OK with her calling Oliver a "clueless irresponsible Drama Queen" for posting that image?

I'm sorry, I just can't agree. cc is a core and valued member here. I get that. But her intolerance and attacks on others is becoming increasingly strident.

I know I will be reflecting a minority view as she has many friends here, and that's OK.

But if she keeps attacking those she disagrees with, no-one should be surprised if she takes some hits in return.

Absolutely not. I think my demeanor on this forum has been respectful. I get cheeky at times, but it's meant in good fun.

I get Oliver's point. It was valid. I disagree with cc's reply.

Bricktop

Quote from: cc post_id=440185 time=1645238096 user_id=88

It seems we have something in common, your majesty.

cc

Frood

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=440195 time=1645240084 user_id=1560
Quote from: cc post_id=440185 time=1645238096 user_id=88

It seems we have something in common, your majesty.

I've noticed that with experimentation via the drama pushing to civil discourse pendulum, it all depends on the person with cc.

There is no appeasing a dyed in the wool drama queen.

I knew a Bangladeshi once who insisted that if you kill a cobra, you'd better dispose of the head lest its mate be permitted to gaze into its dead eyes and see a rough image of the party responsible for its death. He swore by this and insisted it wasn't based in superstition. He and fellow villagers had experienced being "hunted" down... the mates literally banging their heads against sliding glass windows and tracking the particular person from outside homes as they moved around the interior.

cc is much the same in that regard. She has that same vengeful streak except without the venom.

It's a more common trait with women...
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop