Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Cost of living, rising inflation

Started by Gaon, March 22, 2022, 09:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rancidmilko

I've been seeing so many girls kinda desperate here lately

With the economy in the gutter, the game has changed

Many single chicks in their 30's are going thru hard times, inflation has corroded their incomes

Before, they would sit by themselves alone and send away every single dude who approached them, they enjoyed eating and drinking until they were stuffed

Now they buy a cheap beer and stare at you hoping that you invite yourself to sit with them and pick the tab.
There\'s always a bigger fish.

Anonymous

Quote from: Rancidmilko post_id=450288 time=1652736512 user_id=2853

Many single chicks in their 30's are going thru hard times, inflation has corroded their incomes

Before, they would sit by themselves alone and send away every single dude who approached them, they enjoyed eating and drinking until they were stuffed

Now they buy a cheap beer and stare at you hoping that you invite yourself to sit with them and pick the tab.

When is the next election in Brazil?

Rancidmilko

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=450292 time=1652741771 user_id=56

In a few months. Things are already looking ripe for a major conflict here.

There's a lot of suspicion in the voting system and the army wants transparency, but the scumbags that are remnant from the past governments don't want that

They keep releasing polls saying Lula is ahead of Bolsonaro, but Lula can barely show his face on the streets

IMO, fraud or not, democracy no longer works in Brazoo. For democracy to work as it should, I'd say that at least 70% of the voters should be honest and have the least intelligence and adequate information about the basics of economy and politics. It's not the case here.

Way too many Brazilians want a kleptocratic pseudo-communist government here, a lot like Venezuela.

Anonymous

Universal suffrage is insane. Just being a citizen shouldn't automically give a person

a say in how other people's money is spent.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=450298 time=1652744364 user_id=56
Universal suffrage is insane. Just being a citizen shouldn't automically give a person

a say in how other people's money is spent.

Seoul says democracy wasn't meant for the social media age.

Anonymous

Quote from: Rancidmilko post_id=450296 time=1652743015 user_id=2853
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=450292 time=1652741771 user_id=56

In a few months. Things are already looking ripe for a major conflict here.

There's a lot of suspicion in the voting system and the army wants transparency, but the scumbags that are remnant from the past governments don't want that

They keep releasing polls saying Lula is ahead of Bolsonaro, but Lula can barely show his face on the streets

IMO, fraud or not, democracy no longer works in Brazoo. For democracy to work as it should, I'd say that at least 70% of the voters should be honest and have the least intelligence and adequate information about the basics of economy and politics. It's not the case here.

Way too many Brazilians want a kleptocratic pseudo-communist government here, a lot like Venezuela.

What is your opinion of old Bolsonaro's performance?

Anonymous

Rancidmilko, did your government pay people not to wor3 during the pandemic like ours did?

Breakfall

Quote from: Rancidmilko post_id=450276 time=1652734412 user_id=2853
You know times are rough when your date sends you a detailed spreadsheet with the costs of your weekend and asks you to pay your half

">

I just assumed that the bloke paid anyway? Bring back the chivalry...our women deserve it. I'm tired of reading about broke-arse men going Dutch or insisting on splitting the bill. It's embarrassing for "masculinity" globally.

Anonymous

There's no end in sight to sky high inflation and Justin Trudeau will not give Canadians a break by suspending the carbon tax or the gasoline tax.

Inflation continued to rise in April, up 6.8 per cent year over year thanks to the costs of food, gas and shelter.

It's the highest rate since January 1991, when the annual rate was 6.9 per cent, and experts say consumers should brace themselves for prices to keep rising.

Prices for groceries kept climbing at 9.7 per cent, up from 8.7 per cent in March, and the largest increase since September 1981. Fruit and meat were both up 10 per cent, pasta was up almost 20 per cent, bread more than 12 per cent, and cereal products almost 14 per cent.

https://www.thestar.com/business/2022/05/18/canadas-inflation-rate-expected-to-rise-when-aprils-numbers-are-announced-wednesday.html">https://www.thestar.com/business/2022/0 ... esday.html">https://www.thestar.com/business/2022/05/18/canadas-inflation-rate-expected-to-rise-when-aprils-numbers-are-announced-wednesday.html

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=450533 time=1652898072 user_id=3254
There's no end in sight to sky high inflation and Justin Trudeau will not give Canadians a break by suspending the carbon tax or the gasoline tax.

Inflation continued to rise in April, up 6.8 per cent year over year thanks to the costs of food, gas and shelter.

It's the highest rate since January 1991, when the annual rate was 6.9 per cent, and experts say consumers should brace themselves for prices to keep rising.

Prices for groceries kept climbing at 9.7 per cent, up from 8.7 per cent in March, and the largest increase since September 1981. Fruit and meat were both up 10 per cent, pasta was up almost 20 per cent, bread more than 12 per cent, and cereal products almost 14 per cent.

https://www.thestar.com/business/2022/05/18/canadas-inflation-rate-expected-to-rise-when-aprils-numbers-are-announced-wednesday.html">https://www.thestar.com/business/2022/0 ... esday.html">https://www.thestar.com/business/2022/05/18/canadas-inflation-rate-expected-to-rise-when-aprils-numbers-are-announced-wednesday.html

He doesn't care if he bankrupts every Canadian family. Trudeau will not reduce fuel taxes/carbon tax. It's all about him, not you.

Rancidmilko

Quote from: Bonkerfist post_id=450486 time=1652868677 user_id=3358

I just assumed that the bloke paid anyway? Bring back the chivalry...our women deserve it. I'm tired of reading about broke-arse men going Dutch or insisting on splitting the bill. It's embarrassing for "masculinity" globally.

These days you kinda have to be a little less "eager" to pay, they say some girls like to pay for their part and men shouldn't "trample their rights" and pick the tab to pay immediately.

"Let it sit there on the table for a few moments, maybe they wanna see how much it was and then politely ask if you can pay it all of if she wants to help" they say

Well, girls I've been meeting lately find a million things to look at when the bill arrives

Look at their cellphone, the lights, the floor, but nope, if I leave it sittin there, it sits there, none of them wanna look at the tab

I'm guessing these girls don't really care about this facet of feminism

I don't mind though, I see it as a normal thing.

Anonymous

Quote from: Rancidmilko post_id=450610 time=1652924976 user_id=2853

These days you kinda have to be a little less "eager" to pay, they say some girls like to pay for their part and men shouldn't "trample their rights" and pick the tab to pay immediately.

"Let it sit there on the table for a few moments, maybe they wanna see how much it was and then politely ask if you can pay it all of if she wants to help" they say

Well, girls I've been meeting lately find a million things to look at when the bill arrives

Look at their cellphone, the lights, the floor, but nope, if I leave it sittin there, it sits there, none of them wanna look at the tab

My husband always paid when we went out when he was courting me.

Breakfall

Quote from: Rancidmilko post_id=450610 time=1652924976 user_id=2853

The way I grew up, both in Southern Africa and Australia, men pay always. X generation and before. But it's not the first time that I've heard of blokes wanting to go halfcies. Obviously with my wife these days, we pool our money together anyway. As far as dating goes...men must pay! Lol

Anonymous

My wife and I met when I was thirty five. She's a nurse, so we both have good incomes. We alternated paying when we were dating. Now all the money is pooled, so when we go out it's always communal pay.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=450698 time=1652978148 user_id=2015
My wife and I met when I was thirty five. She's a nurse, so we both have good incomes. We alternated paying when we were dating. Now all the money is pooled, so when we go out it's always communal pay.

That makes sense for equals.