Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 28, 2024, 10:14:20 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Cost of living, rising inflation

Started by Gaon, March 22, 2022, 09:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKG

Quote from: Oerdin post_id=476039 time=1664957105 user_id=3374
I went out for dinner at a local BBQ restaurant chain here in San Diego.  The price was $94 with tax and tip included for a dinner for four.  2 of their pork spare rib special (just five little ribs, slaw, and fries), 1 cheeseburger, a quarter chicken special (1/4th of a small chicken with beans and a baked potato), an order of onion rings,, and four fountain drinks.  Prices are fucked here in California.  

A basic Burger King Whopper meal (cheeseburger, medium fries, medium drink) is $14.  The youngest is whining that I am taking him out to eat less often.

That is steep.

Oerdin

The next morning I woke up and was excited about the thought of eating left over BBQ.  Unfortunately,  both of the boys had gotten up around midnight and had polished off all the left overs between them.  I had to settle on cereal and it just wasn't the same.  :(

DKG

Biden doubles down on stupid and releases milllions of barrels from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve(SPR). Right before ands election too. Imagine that.

Rancidmilko

Argentina has hit the 100% mark inflation in less than a year

Seems to be the "new normal" in Latin America

Vote for the left, vote for inflation

Now it's Colombia going the same way
There\'s always a bigger fish.

DKG

Quote from: Rancidmilko post_id=478079 time=1666537904 user_id=2853
Argentina has hit the 100% mark inflation in less than a year

Seems to be the "new normal" in Latin America

Vote for the left, vote for inflation

Now it's Colombia going the same way

Argentina used to be a very wealthy nation. Colombia's former conservative president had his country on the right track. I believe money from outside the  region is getting marxists elected in South America.

Oliver Clotheshoffe

So I went to the grocery store after work today, prices up on everything. A can of soup is $2.50, a dozen eggs are $5.39, etc etc...

Then I got to the checkout line. Took a glance at the candy bars above the conveyor and saw a Hershey chocolate bar. You know, the regular plain old Hershey chocolate bar, no almonds, not super size or anything, just the regular size one. $2.39... Two dollars and thirty nine cents for a plain old regular size Hershey chocolate bar. The same one I used to buy for a quarter.

This is getting ridiculous.
Life is too short to be in a hurry

Herman

Quote from: "Oliver Clotheshoffe" post_id=478323 time=1666664779 user_id=3349
So I went to the grocery store after work today, prices up on everything. A can of soup is $2.50, a dozen eggs are $5.39, etc etc...

Then I got to the checkout line. Took a glance at the candy bars above the conveyor and saw a Hershey chocolate bar. You know, the regular plain old Hershey chocolate bar, no almonds, not super size or anything, just the regular size one. $2.39... Two dollars and thirty nine cents for a plain old regular size Hershey chocolate bar. The same one I used to buy for a quarter.

This is getting ridiculous.

A dozen frickin eggs are $5.39. :2r4ml1j_th:  If you lived in Saskatchewan I would give you some farm fresh eggs. I got laying hens.

Oerdin

Herman

AOC is a below average intelligence person who gets far too much national attention.

Oliver Clotheshoffe

Woke up to a dead car battery yesterday morning. No problem, just head down to the auto parts store and get a new one.

300 BUCKS.

They had a cheaper one but "It's at the distribution center 20 miles away..." - how convenient.

FJB

DKG

Biden is still blaming oil companoes for his suicidal anti fossil phobia. Now he wants new taxes just for energy producers. Yes, that will lower gasoline and home heating costs.

Shen Li

I stopped at Safeway on the way home to buy 4 litres of milk. Has the price ever gone up. I didn't notice when I went grocery shopping.

Thiel

President Biden blamed high inflation on 'war in Iraq,' where his son died.
gay, conservative and proud

Oliver Clotheshoffe

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=479536 time=1667435555 user_id=3389
I stopped at Safeway on the way home to buy 4 litres of milk. Has the price ever gone up. I didn't notice when I went grocery shopping.

Dunno, I don't buy milk. I used to love drinking milk but then I went to the state fair one year and watched them take it out of a cow. Haven't been able to touch it since.

Shen Li

Quote from: "Oliver Clotheshoffe" post_id=479680 time=1667509262 user_id=3349
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=479536 time=1667435555 user_id=3389

Dunno, I don't buy milk. I used to love drinking milk but then I went to the state fair one year and watched them take it out of a cow. Haven't been able to touch it since.

I don't drink milk either. However, I have 2 sons both under the age of 10.