Replies: 8416
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 02, 2024, 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Your thoughts on the "don't say gay" bill that doesn't contain the word gay

Started by Biggie Smiles, March 30, 2022, 02:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Old Herman would buy a Big Mac if I didn't treat my body like a temple.

Former McDonald's CEO Ed Rensi is launching a new campaign called the Boardroom Initiative to fight back against the woke politics infecting corporate America.

The news comes after Walt Disney Co. essentially declared war on Florida Republicans for passing the Parental Rights in Education bill. The law protects Florida students in kindergarten through third grade from learning about sexual orientation and gender identity in the classroom.

Under pressure from progressive employees, Disney spoke out against the law and promised to fight for its repeal.

Rensi, who was CEO of the "golden arches" from 1991 to 1997, told Fox Business that politics has no business in the corporate boardroom.

"Corporations have no business being on the right or the left because they represent everybody there and their sole job is to build equity for their investors," Rensi said.

"It is not the providence of board members or executives that take shareholder money profit and spend it on social matters," he explained. "Corporations should not get involved in social engineering."

According to Fox Business, Rensi will serve as executive chairman of the Boardroom Initiative. The campaign is composed of several conservative advocacy groups including the Job Creators Network, the Free Enterprise Group, and Second Vote. The goal of the initiative is to buck "woke" politics and policies and defend employees and shareholders from politicized corporate boardrooms.

Anonymous

Disney's market cap has shrunk by nearly $34 billion since the company expressed its full-throated opposition to a Florida law banning instruction of gender identity and sexual orientation in public schools for kindergarten through third grade.

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=448452 time=1651281553 user_id=1689
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZvh__wMJoU&feature=emb_imp_woyt">
... b_imp_woyt">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZvh__wMJoU&feature=emb_imp_woyt[/media]

What a hostile place to work.

Anonymous

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said Walt Disney Co. will have to pay its own debts as the entertainment corporation stated that the state would have to foot the bill for its bond taxes when its special status is revoked.

Anonymous

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=447824 time=1650821935 user_id=114
Disney's market cap has shrunk by nearly $34 billion since the company expressed its full-throated opposition to a Florida law banning instruction of gender identity and sexual orientation in public schools for kindergarten through third grade.

I cannot wait to see their 3rd quarter earnings

their stock is gonna look like a fucking plane crash

Anonymous

Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=448947 time=1651720176 user_id=3214
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=447824 time=1650821935 user_id=114

I cannot wait to see their 3rd quarter earnings

their stock is gonna look like a fucking plane crash

I aint buying their shit for my grand daughter.

Anonymous

Floridians will get more than $1.2 billion in tax breaks on a slew of items from diapers to mobile homes thanks to a bill Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis signed into law on Friday. He's fighting Bidenflation.

Anonymous

Hey Disney.

A majority share of polled Americans state children should not be able to choose their pronouns if they do not align with their biological sex.

A May Harvard-Harris poll found that 59% of respondents said children should be referred to by their biologically correct pronouns.

Lokmar

Speaking of disney... as some if you know, my 2 older kids live in Orlando and we went to Disney Springs today since I'm visiting. They got the full on kweirdo flag regalia going on there. Everytime I considered buying something, there was some kweirdo crap in my face that convinced me to keep my wallet in my pocket. Disney is doing a good job of alienating normal people.

Dove

Quote from: Lokmar post_id=455715 time=1654227058 user_id=3351
Speaking of disney... as some if you know, my 2 older kids live in Orlando and we went to Disney Springs today since I'm visiting. They got the full on kweirdo flag regalia going on there. Everytime I considered buying something, there was some kweirdo crap in my face that convinced me to keep my wallet in my pocket. Disney is doing a good job of alienating normal people.

I started distancing from Disney a long time ago. They are garbage.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Lokmar

Quote from: Dove post_id=455726 time=1654227542 user_id=3266

Its a shame. Ive had a lot of good memories over the years. Oh well, they fucked themselves.

Dove

Quote from: Lokmar post_id=455728 time=1654227699 user_id=3351
Quote from: Dove post_id=455726 time=1654227542 user_id=3266

Its a shame. Ive had a lot of good memories over the years. Oh well, they fucked themselves.

Same. It actually really hurts my heart. Disney films were such a staple in my childhood and my daughters childhood.

And now my youngest daughter gets served politcal sexual shit instead. It's just fucked up.

We like Moana a lot. I still allow the old Disney films BUT I will NOT buy anything Disney FROM Disney. Second hand yep. I avoid giving Disney my money.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview