The best topic

Replies: 8237
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 12:04:42 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

A

Entitled Generation that has Never had to Sacrifice Will Soon Face Shock Due to Major Shortages

Started by Anonymous, March 31, 2022, 06:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Herman post_id=445160 time=1648767024 user_id=1689
It is going to be a rough ride for a generation that aint seen hard times. Inflation will get worse, scarcity of goods will stick around, and recession. You can thank lockdowns/restrictions and climate alarmist insanity. This generation voted for prog policies that destroy the middle class. This was inevitable.

BlackRock president warns 'entitled generation that has never had to sacrifice' that they will soon face shock due to major shortages: 'Put on your seatbelts'

https://www.theblaze.com/news/blackrock-inflation-scarcity-entitled-generation?utm_source=theblaze-dailyPM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily-Newsletter__PM%202022-03-31&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Daily%20PM">https://www.theblaze.com/news/blackrock ... Daily%20PM">https://www.theblaze.com/news/blackrock-inflation-scarcity-entitled-generation?utm_source=theblaze-dailyPM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily-Newsletter__PM%202022-03-31&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Daily%20PM

The president of the world's largest asset management company just issued a stark warning to members of America's "entitled generation."

BlackRock co-founder and president Robert Kapito said Tuesday that the global supply chain and soaring inflation crises will soon have dramatic effects on the U.S. economy that will result in a noticeable scarcity of goods not experienced before by many younger Americans.

That scarcity, he said, will likely be a shock to the system for many who are accustomed to an abundant and comfortable lifestyle.

"For the first time, this generation is going to go into a store and not be able to get what they want," Kapito said, adding, "We have a very entitled generation that has never had to sacrifice."

"I would put on your seatbelts, because this is something that we haven't seen," he asserted, in reference to what he called "scarcity inflation."

Kapito's remarks, first reported by Bloomberg News, were made at the Texas Independent Producers and Royalty Owners Association convention — an annual gathering of oil and gas industry leaders.

Don't miss out on content from Dave Rubin free of big tech censorship. Listen to The Rubin Report now.

The warning comes just days after Bloomberg economists advised Americans to consider budgeting an extra $5,200 this year — or $433 monthly — to prepare for the effects of historically high inflation.

Inflation under the Biden administration has skyrocketed in the past year, rising at the fastest pace in four decades. Inflation is measured by the U.S. Consumer Price Index, which increased nearly 8% over the past 12 months, according to government data released for February 2022.

The dramatically inflated prices have reportedly resulted in 64% of Americans living paycheck to paycheck.

The last time inflation rose at such a fast rate was in 1982. That year, the U.S. economy went into a recession. Now, some experts are warning that another economic recession is "inevitable."

The Biden administration has been peddling a litany of excuses for the economic downturn — including the coronavirus pandemic, corporate greed, and Russian President Vladimir Putin's invasion of Ukraine — but American voters reportedly aren't buying it.

A plurality of respondents to a recent NBC News poll (38%) blamed President Joe Biden for the increase in the cost of consumer goods, while just 28% blamed the coronavirus pandemic, 23% blamed corporations raising prices, and only 6% blamed Putin.

and they kinda fucking deserve it.

I laugh in the face of anyone who voted for the turnip and is now crying about financial problems

Anonymous

Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=459382 time=1655093572 user_id=3214
Quote from: Herman post_id=445160 time=1648767024 user_id=1689
It is going to be a rough ride for a generation that aint seen hard times. Inflation will get worse, scarcity of goods will stick around, and recession. You can thank lockdowns/restrictions and climate alarmist insanity. This generation voted for prog policies that destroy the middle class. This was inevitable.

BlackRock president warns 'entitled generation that has never had to sacrifice' that they will soon face shock due to major shortages: 'Put on your seatbelts'

https://www.theblaze.com/news/blackrock-inflation-scarcity-entitled-generation?utm_source=theblaze-dailyPM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily-Newsletter__PM%202022-03-31&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Daily%20PM">https://www.theblaze.com/news/blackrock ... Daily%20PM">https://www.theblaze.com/news/blackrock-inflation-scarcity-entitled-generation?utm_source=theblaze-dailyPM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily-Newsletter__PM%202022-03-31&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Daily%20PM

The president of the world's largest asset management company just issued a stark warning to members of America's "entitled generation."

BlackRock co-founder and president Robert Kapito said Tuesday that the global supply chain and soaring inflation crises will soon have dramatic effects on the U.S. economy that will result in a noticeable scarcity of goods not experienced before by many younger Americans.

That scarcity, he said, will likely be a shock to the system for many who are accustomed to an abundant and comfortable lifestyle.

"For the first time, this generation is going to go into a store and not be able to get what they want," Kapito said, adding, "We have a very entitled generation that has never had to sacrifice."

"I would put on your seatbelts, because this is something that we haven't seen," he asserted, in reference to what he called "scarcity inflation."

Kapito's remarks, first reported by Bloomberg News, were made at the Texas Independent Producers and Royalty Owners Association convention — an annual gathering of oil and gas industry leaders.

Don't miss out on content from Dave Rubin free of big tech censorship. Listen to The Rubin Report now.

The warning comes just days after Bloomberg economists advised Americans to consider budgeting an extra $5,200 this year — or $433 monthly — to prepare for the effects of historically high inflation.

Inflation under the Biden administration has skyrocketed in the past year, rising at the fastest pace in four decades. Inflation is measured by the U.S. Consumer Price Index, which increased nearly 8% over the past 12 months, according to government data released for February 2022.

The dramatically inflated prices have reportedly resulted in 64% of Americans living paycheck to paycheck.

The last time inflation rose at such a fast rate was in 1982. That year, the U.S. economy went into a recession. Now, some experts are warning that another economic recession is "inevitable."

The Biden administration has been peddling a litany of excuses for the economic downturn — including the coronavirus pandemic, corporate greed, and Russian President Vladimir Putin's invasion of Ukraine — but American voters reportedly aren't buying it.

A plurality of respondents to a recent NBC News poll (38%) blamed President Joe Biden for the increase in the cost of consumer goods, while just 28% blamed the coronavirus pandemic, 23% blamed corporations raising prices, and only 6% blamed Putin.

I laugh in the face of anyone who voted for the turnip and is now crying about financial problems

If they vote for the Dems again in November it would be really hard to feel sorry for them.

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=459408 time=1655118722 user_id=114
Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=459382 time=1655093572 user_id=3214

If they vote for the Dems again in November it would be really hard to feel sorry for them.

I don't feel sorry for them NOW

they're like fucking cows pushing and shoving for first in line access to the entrance of a slaughterhouse. It's insane

Anonymous

Biden and Trudeau caused inflation. They won't do anything about it. They wanted to make blue collar workers poor.

Oliver Clotheshoffe

I'm seeing a lot more homeless now than there were a couple of months ago. Rising rents, rising gas, rising prices on everything... a lot of people just can't make it anymore.
Life is too short to be in a hurry

Anonymous

Quote from: "Oliver Clotheshoffe" post_id=459429 time=1655130401 user_id=3349
I'm seeing a lot more homeless now than there were a couple of months ago. Rising rents, rising gas, rising prices on everything... a lot of people just can't make it anymore.

Same here in Winnipeg. Biden and Trudeau are getting what they wanted.

Anonymous

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/288437601_10159721766465630_257662706014991467_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=m5KOMNmF_AwAX-JanYt&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=00_AT9qG7-AEzc-QNUDxHHK0gdhC3e2uubMfZ_U_ItK-dQaSg&oe=62AEF153">

Anonymous

How Bad Will the Food Shortage Get?

https://www.theepochtimes.com/how-bad-will-the-food-shortage-get_4559748.html?utm_source=goodeveningnoe&utm_campaign=gv-2022-06-29&utm_medium=email&est=0RN8G4JuJjORMsaYT7c6ZlV3xR%2FNa1v9wyPkk71%2FoiC1nXeCs657m6dLeQpez%2BnlCA%3D%3D">https://www.theepochtimes.com/how-bad-w ... nlCA%3D%3D">https://www.theepochtimes.com/how-bad-will-the-food-shortage-get_4559748.html?utm_source=goodeveningnoe&utm_campaign=gv-2022-06-29&utm_medium=email&est=0RN8G4JuJjORMsaYT7c6ZlV3xR%2FNa1v9wyPkk71%2FoiC1nXeCs657m6dLeQpez%2BnlCA%3D%3D

May 2020, I, along with other experts, predicted that food disruptions and even famine could follow the COVID-19 pandemic. Unfortunately, that prediction appears to be coming true, as food shortages and sky-high prices will become a long-term thing by this fall. Don't panic, just prepare.

STORY AT-A-GLANCE

It's becoming increasingly clear that severe food shortages are going to be inevitable, more or less worldwide, and whatever food is available will continue to go up in price

The cost of agricultural inputs such as diesel and fertilizers is skyrocketing due to shortages — caused by a combination of intentional and coincidental events — and those costs will be reflected in consumer food prices come fall and next year

Mysterious fires, alleged bird flu outbreaks and other inexplicable events are killing off livestock and destroying crucial infrastructure. Since the end of April 2021, at least 96 farms, food processing plants and food distribution centers across the U.S. have been damaged or destroyed

The global food price index had risen 58.5% above the 2014-2016 average as of April 2022, due to a convergence of post-pandemic global demand, extreme weather, tightening food stocks, high energy prices, supply chain bottlenecks, export restrictions, taxes and the Russia-Ukraine conflict

Combined, all of these factors set us up for guaranteed food shortages, food inflation and, potentially, famine in some places, so now is the time to prepare

Oliver Clotheshoffe

Every time I go to the store I pick up extra food to sock away. I check the expiration date to make sure it's at least a year away and then it goes home and into the storage room. Along with canned goods I get bags of rice, beans and lentils, cooking oil, wet and dry cat food, t.p. of course and all the other stuff I use regularly.

I keep about 30 gallons of drinking water on hand but I really should increase that.

Also a couple years ago I started lying to my Endocrinologist telling her my blood sugar is higher than it actually is so she will prescribe higher quantities of insulin and medications than usual. I then use what I need and stockpile the rest and now I have a year's worth of insulin and other medications saved up. Gonna get about ten boxes of pen needles and a few hundred test strips too.

And, as always, don't forget the manual can opener in case of blackouts. Get two in case one breaks.
Life is too short to be in a hurry

Anonymous

Quote from: "Oliver Clotheshoffe" post_id=462017 time=1656557184 user_id=3349
Every time I go to the store I pick up extra food to sock away. I check the expiration date to make sure it's at least a year away and then it goes home and into the storage room. Along with canned goods I get bags of rice, beans and lentils, cooking oil, wet and dry cat food, t.p. of course and all the other stuff I use regularly.

I keep about 30 gallons of drinking water on hand but I really should increase that.

Also a couple years ago I started lying to my Endocrinologist telling her my blood sugar is higher than it actually is so she will prescribe higher quantities of insulin and medications than usual. I then use what I need and stockpile the rest and now I have a year's worth of insulin and other medications saved up. Gonna get about ten boxes of pen needles and a few hundred test strips too.

And, as always, don't forget the manual can opener in case of blackouts. Get two in case one breaks.

None of this hoarding would be nexessary if not for those insane lockdowns.

Anonymous

The Hershey Company – the fifth-biggest candy company in the world in 2021 – is sounding the alarm that they will experience a Halloween candy shortage this year.

The Hershey Company warned that it would not be able to supply enough candy for Halloween and the Christmas holiday season. The candy company blamed a scarcity of raw ingredients on the insufficient supply.

Reuters reported, "Pandemic-induced global supply chain disruptions and the Russia-Ukraine war have crunched supplies of cocoa, edible oil, and other food ingredients, pinching production lines of packaged food companies around the world."

Hershey Chief Executive Officer Michele Buck said on Thursday, "We will not be able to fully meet consumer demand due to capacity constraints."

Lokmar

IMO, most of this shortage is purposely engineered by China and possibly our own government.

Anonymous

Quote from: Lokmar post_id=468017 time=1659403941 user_id=3351
IMO, most of this shortage is purposely engineered by China and possibly our own government.

We intentionally screwed up supply chains.

Frood

Quote from: Lokmar post_id=468017 time=1659403941 user_id=3351

It's a global cabal and they want billions dead.... by jab, by food supply, by regional and international wars.... because the free market and representative government isn't going their way quick enough...

Evil motherfuckers.....
Blahhhhhh...