Replies: 8492
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:06:59 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

• Forum gossip thread 5 0 5 3

Forum gossip thread

Started by Erica Mena, May 20, 2022, 03:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deport_liberals (+ 2 Hidden) and 10 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: Guest post_id=454361 time=1653924789
Of course it is. BF does this every so often in an effort to create traffic. This current mod setup won't be permanent.

People come and go and so mods.

Anonymous

Shampain seems to be MIA again and Realgrimm is only part time on the forum (unless he lurks of course but he rarely posts), so BF is likely short-handed at the minute in terms of staff.

Choosing Oak and Flynn however to fill the void is a WTF moment to say the least and is obviously some kind of troll.

cw_

I'd say he regularly flips switches on and off in an effort to stir up activity through an illusion of momentum via changes.

Anonymous

Mods have limited powers on there anyway. Being a forum janny is a thankless task and has never been appealing to me. I realise some misguided folks regard it as a badge of honour...

Oak

Lots of hurt feelz...

Dove

Quote from: Guest post_id=454389 time=1653929839
Mods have limited powers on there anyway. Being a forum janny is a thankless task and has never been appealing to me. I realise some misguided folks regard it as a badge of honour...

This.

Anytime I mod a board.....I make sure it's never announced. I much prefer "shadow modding" as I view it as more a nice thing I'm doing for someone I like who needs a hand with their board.

I have no clue how or why people view it as some badge of honor or power spot. I guess that's a "forum culture" thing.

I wonder if flame boards chose mods for different reasons. Like a mods job on a flame board isnt just to keep it cleaned up according to the owners requirements but rather to stir up "content" and bring in new members?

I have other theories on why some posters find mod positions appealing but....I'll save that for another convo. There is really no advantage to it for normal thinking people IMO.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Poppy

Changing mods gives the illusion that the forum suddenly is busier when it's just people spazzing out and posting more of the same old same old. When actual new people sign up, then flynn can claim success.
I\'m Poppy!

Poppy

I just heard a long time member at TWAPS board broke their hip, I hope they are ok.
I\'m Poppy!

Dove

Quote from: Poppy post_id=454442 time=1653940015 user_id=3287
I just heard a long time member at TWAPS board broke their hip, I hope they are ok.

:roll:
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

cw_

Quote from: Poppy post_id=454435 time=1653939066 user_id=3287
Changing mods gives the illusion that the forum suddenly is busier when it's just people spazzing out and posting more of the same old same old. When actual new people sign up, then flynn can claim success.

Who are these 'actual new people' you speak of?  

The langoliers exist in the passing moments....

cw_

Quote from: Dove post_id=454403 time=1653934181 user_id=3266

This.

Anytime I mod a board.....I make sure it's never announced. I much prefer "shadow modding" as I view it as more a nice thing I'm doing for someone I like who needs a hand with their board.

I have no clue how or why people view it as some badge of honor or power spot. I guess that's a "forum culture" thing.

I wonder if flame boards chose mods for different reasons. Like a mods job on a flame board isnt just to keep it cleaned up according to the owners requirements but rather to stir up "content" and bring in new members?

I have other theories on why some posters find mod positions appealing but....I'll save that for another convo. There is really no advantage to it for normal thinking people IMO.

To some it's all about the differently coloured nic.  It's fancy and rewarding in a really petty way, like Karma.  Shiny things.

Oak

Quote from: cw_ post_id=454449 time=1653942467 user_id=3226
Quote from: Dove post_id=454403 time=1653934181 user_id=3266

This.

To some it's all about the differently coloured nic.  It's fancy and rewarding in a really petty way, like Karma.  Shiny things.

Or maybe for some, like me, it's an attempt to make functional of the dysfunctional.

Erica Mena

Ya'll are trolling. That's what this is. Period
<t></t>

Erica Mena

<t></t>

Oak

Did you see the Memorial Day thread OP from Flynn in Meltdown?  I was dying...lol