Replies: 8456
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 03:49:33 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Dove

• Forum gossip thread 5 0 5 3

Forum gossip thread

Started by Erica Mena, May 20, 2022, 03:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 55 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Aryan

Quote from: Garraty_47 post_id=471776 time=1660932773 user_id=3381
Quote from: SCOUSE post_id=471767 time=1660931326 user_id=1728

That would be me and my e-buddies.

Blurt's an old rascal.

He's a fun read.

Complete sentences, complex humor, actual wit and facility with the written (typed) word...

If you tell me he likes cats coffee and fractals I might even be tempted to call him a friend.

Blurt's probably my favourite frenemy... we agree on virtually nothing, but I've posted alongside him on various boards for years and we've developed a kind of rapport.

I hate to admit it, but I probably would miss the cross-dressing old fruit if he went permanently MIA.

If you're a liberal as he is, the pair of you should get on like a Starbucks on fire.

Anonymous

Quote from: deport_liberals post_id=471787 time=1660935481 user_id=3305
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=471782 time=1660934758 user_id=3254

What is SB?

Shoutbox...that thing at the top of the board where poasts do not stay forever.

Yes, I remember it.

Garraty_47

Quote from: SCOUSE post_id=471789 time=1660936239 user_id=1728
Blurt's probably my favourite frenemy... we agree on virtually nothing, but I've posted alongside him on various boards for years and we've developed a kind of rapport.

I have a few of those kinds of pals and treasure them as much as any of my other friends.

My favorite uncle is about as conservative as they get and even though we strongly disagree sometimes I wouldn't trade him for anything.

Quote from: SCOUSE post_id=471789 time=1660936239 user_id=1728
If you're a liberal as he is, the pair of you should get on like a Starbucks on fire.

That depends on what kind of liberal we're talking about...

...I talk more shit about and fight more often and more viciously with friends who are 'VoteBlueNoMatterWho' liberals than I ever have with my conservative friends.

That's how it seems to me anyway.

Anonymous

I consider myself a liberal.....I support equality and deplore human rights abuses..

My father was active in Taiwan's democratization movement before I was born..

But, I found out that some Americans have labelled me a "con."

My, how the words liberal and conservative have changed..

Garraty_47

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=471801 time=1660938560 user_id=3254
I consider myself a liberal.....I support equality and deplore human rights abuses..

Commendable and I agree with those sentiments but those aren't actually "liberal" positions are they?

I mean it kind of looks like you're insinuating "conservatives" are pro-inequality and love human rights abuses and that's how a lot of arguments start.

If everyone would stick to debating specific policies and other clearly defined issues instead of making sweeping statements about one political tribe or another we'd be well on our way to changing things for the better instead of getting perpetually mired in tangential arguments.

Personally I'd like to see us do away with broad-use labels like "liberal" and "conservative" entirely.

Most folk I've met have a mix of "liberal" views and "conservative" views and no two people even define "liberal" and "conservative" exactly the same.

It causes more confusion and misunderstandings than any possible convenience to be had from using handy generic labels.

My how the words liberal and conservative have changed..

Exactly.

Unless everyone always agrees on the definitions of those words they're actually worse than useless.

Anonymous

I could've worded it better Vitty..

My point is that political labels have changed.

Biggie Smiles

Lmao at the Hippopigamaus giving the owners his marching orders

ban biggie or else she'll huff and puff and stomp her sandbag feet again

Anonymous

Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=471809 time=1660940430 user_id=3214

I had a poster here who wanted(demanded) me to do something about Zetsu.......presumably ban him.

:001_rolleyes:

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=471810 time=1660940677 user_id=3254
Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=471809 time=1660940430 user_id=3214

I had a poster here who wanted me to do something about Zetsu.......presumably ban him.

that Barnyard basket case wanted me to ban deport_liberals, scouse and rancid

I can't tell you how many times that pig was up in my inbox complaining about those three in particular

Anonymous

Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=471811 time=1660940793 user_id=3214
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=471810 time=1660940677 user_id=3254

I had a poster here who wanted me to do something about Zetsu.......presumably ban him.

I can't tell you how many times that pig was up in my inbox complaining about those three in particular

I don't respond to unreasonable demands either Biggie.

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=471812 time=1660940980 user_id=3254
Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=471811 time=1660940793 user_id=3214

I don't respond to unreasonable demands either Biggie.

and that's exactly why she huffed and puffed and turtled back to BF all out of breath n shit like a slow moving slug

Dove

Quote from: Garraty_47 post_id=471806 time=1660939790 user_id=3381

Commendable and I agree with those sentiments but those aren't actually "liberal" positions are they?

I mean it kind of looks like you're insinuating "conservatives" are pro-inequality and love human rights abuses and that's how a lot of arguments start.

If everyone would stick to debating specific policies and other clearly defined issues instead of making sweeping statements about one political tribe or another we'd be well on our way to changing things for the better instead of getting perpetually mired in tangential arguments.

Personally I'd like to see us do away with broad-use labels like "liberal" and "conservative" entirely.

Most folk I've met have a mix of "liberal" views and "conservative" views and no two people even define "liberal" and "conservative" exactly the same.

It causes more confusion and misunderstandings than any possible convenience to be had from using handy generic labels.

My how the words liberal and conservative have changed..

Exactly.

Unless everyone always agrees on the definitions of those words they're actually worse than useless.

I seem to fall into classical liberal views with more conservative values.

It looks like we have new parties and alliances forming. I've noticed former Bernie supporters and Trump supporters kinda coming togther against what I'm seeing as an establishment shill party.  It's like two versions of the "left".

That's just what im noticing in my small slices of the internet.

I also find it interesting that those anti establishment leftists say the government is right wing. And the anti establishment right wingers call the government left wing.

There are objective ways to figure out if the government leans more left than right or vice verse.....but that doesnt matter when you have people who are convinced it's one way and they are arguing this not realizing they actually agree on the problem....just not the label on the problem.

So its like.....let's just agree its fucking cancer and do what we gotta do to get rid of it. THEN fuss about if it's right or left. That doesnt even matter right now really. We are all fucked unless we do something about it.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Garraty_47

That's why I like you Dove, even though we have our diametrically opposed issues here and there.

You grok the big picture more than most people on either "side of the aisle".

Anonymous

I'm not that political at all and certainly not partisan..

But, I care about certain issues that impact the middle class.

Anonymous

I am a liberal in the traditional sense. You know, before marxist thugs changed the definition of the word. Just like they did recession.