Replies: 7059
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 05:37:06 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

• Forum gossip thread 5 0 5 3

Forum gossip thread

Started by Erica Mena, May 20, 2022, 03:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erica Mena (+ 1 Hidden) and 37 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Oak

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=451742 time=1653255204 user_id=56
Mom retired recetly. At first she wasn't sure what she would do, But, now with her volunteer work the local Tong and the Mennonite Welcome Centre for Immgrants, she has found her niche and really enjoying not going to the bank everyday.

Congrats to your mother!  It's wonderful to retire and find a purpose for her life besides work.

Anonymous

Quote from: Oak post_id=451744 time=1653255276 user_id=3271
Mom retired recetly. At first she wasn't sure what she would do, But, now with her volunteer work the local Tong and the Mennonite Welcome Centre for Immgrants, she has found her niche and really enjoying not going to the bank everyday.

Congrats to your mother!  It's wonderful to retire and find a purpose for her life besides work.

I can't imagine not working. People change of course and maybe 20 years from now, I'll have a different opinion on the subject.

Oak

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=451748 time=1653255523 user_id=56

I can't imagine not working. People change of course and maybe 20 years from now, I'll have a different opinion on the subject.

You must love your work.  I did love mine for a long time, until I didn't.  In civil service, you see the obsequious and the dumb and average (often the same people) rise to the top because they stroke egos.  If you have a mind of your own, you can stagnate.  I stagnated and then the over emotional started coming into the workplace, it was just a matter of time.

I wasn't brought up to stroke egos and/or feelings.  I was raised to be a straight shooter. The workplace is for work, not to make a "family" and/or have therapy sessions.

That's not to say respect isn't a must, it is.  It just felt like it was about so many things other than work sometimes...it wasn't fun anymore.

Anonymous

Quote from: Oak post_id=451752 time=1653255984 user_id=3271

You must love your work.  I did love mine for a long time, until I didn't.  In civil service, you see the obsequious and the dumb and average (often the same people) rise to the top because they stroke egos.  If you have a mind of your own, you can stagnate.  I stagnated and then the over emotional started coming into the workplace, it was just a matter of time.

I wasn't brought up to stroke egos and/or feelings.  I was raised to be a straight shooter. The workplace is for work, not to make a "family" and/or have therapy sessions.

That's not to say respect isn't a must, it is.  It just felt like it was about so many things other than work sometimes...it wasn't fun anymore.

I like what I do, and I take pride in doing it well.

Fash is a provincial civil servant. I wonder if she has seen some of these things you are talking about.

Oak

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=451754 time=1653256218 user_id=56
Quote from: Oak post_id=451752 time=1653255984 user_id=3271

I like what I do, and I take pride in doing it well.

Fash is a provincial civil servant. I wonder if she has seen some of these things you are talking about.

As my partner said about academia and the internal strife in it:  the battles are so fierce because the stakes are so low.  Civil service is a lot like that.

Breakfall

Quote from: Oak post_id=451738 time=1653254883 user_id=3271
Quote from: Bonkerfist post_id=451483 time=1653203324 user_id=3358
Quote from: Herman post_id=451232 time=1653111158 user_id=1689
Quote from: Oak post_id=451229 time=1653110775 user_id=3271
Quote from: caskur post_id=451194 time=1653105959 user_id=2156

I am getting better. I got Kurt to take a picture of the wound and the hole looks almost closed.

My husband retired a couple of years ago... we are loving retirement. If only retirement could go on forever.

Retirement is the best.  The best part is not caring what day of the week it is and almost never waking to an alarm.  Occasionally, I have an appointment, otherwise no alarm.

I still have lots of work to do, but it's a lot better than working for someone else.

Working for others is an absolute drag. An emotional rollercoaster of virtual cock-sucking and brown-nosing. I don't know which is actually worse, expecting to be involved in the "teamwork" or sitting back and witnessing your work colleagues fluffering rigorously in a desperate effort to get to the top. Either way, when one becomes a capable adult, the rewards are vastly richer being self-employed. Semi-retirement for me has never been more rewarding or relaxing.

:howdy:

It was getting bad for me at the workplace.  The brown nosers and those under 40 or so.  I got a talking to a few years back because the 20 somethings would get "scared" when I cursed in my cube about something work I was I irate at...So, if I said "fuck me" or "fuck this shit"...not directed at anyone but on something I was working at.  They felt "intimidated".  I didn't get in trouble, my manager was my age and just said this generation seems a bit more sensitive...

Oh brother.  I'm a Gen Xer and we were the "latch key" generation that was expected to figure shit out and be independent.  These wimpy as youngsters were killing me.  I could have worked longer.  I'm still considered an early retirement, but I couldn't take the work place with so many god damn "feelings"...

Everyone worth their salt knows that swearing gets the job done. Yeah, you're dead right with these modern generations...weak as piss and oh so sensitive.

That's why I enjoy employing Brazilians: they're usually on a strict working visa and have a better work ethic...usually. I fired this one Brazooo 4X for going surfing when I had various consignments on the go. He would rock up a week or so later with a grin on his face, and I would set him up with work again.lol

In Australia we have a serious shortage of qualified tradesman and people that actually want to work. I can't believe it. In South Africa your workers remained with you for decades. Loyalty was everything and they reaped the rewards. In Australia we have the dole...people don't even want to work for the dole. Shit behaviour here!

:wink:

Murdock

Quote from: Dove post_id=451052 time=1653077606 user_id=3266
Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=451049 time=1653077364 user_id=2845
It ain't happening. That shit is toxic as hell over there.

I have people I'm incompatable with and dont want to hear from on ignore.  So if BF drama oozes over here... I'm not even going to see it.  

And if it does and I see it being discussed.....I'm going to ignore that as well. I'm not going to see it or comment on it.

Blatant lies.  You came directly for my trial thread posted here throwing salt in my direction... which is why I went to Flea for this clarification.

You are the toxic drama at every site that has failed.  

For the record, I want nothing to do with you on this site.

Anonymous

Quote from: Murdock post_id=452122 time=1653337269 user_id=3365

I have people I'm incompatable with and dont want to hear from on ignore.  So if BF drama oozes over here... I'm not even going to see it.  

And if it does and I see it being discussed.....I'm going to ignore that as well. I'm not going to see it or comment on it.

Blatant lies.  You came directly for my trial thread posted here throwing salt in my direction... which is why I went to Flea for this clarification.

You two have so much in common. You are both white, have small brains and you'll spread em for anything. You are two are the same.

Murdock

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=452131 time=1653338051 user_id=56

You two have so much in common. You are both white, have small brains and you'll spread em for anything. You are two are the same.

Except I saw the light and changed my ways....

You'd hardly recognize me now, Shen.

Anonymous

Quote from: Murdock post_id=452132 time=1653338114 user_id=3365

You are still white and still a fuck toy.

Murdock

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=452134 time=1653338239 user_id=56
Quote from: Murdock post_id=452132 time=1653338114 user_id=3365

You are still white and still a fuck toy.

Sex is a primal need of any woman not suffering the hormone flux that comes with age.  Orgasms help with menopause symptoms... you should try it.

Anonymous

Yes, I know. White women are animals.

Oak

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=452155 time=1653340226 user_id=56

Oh good lord.  LOL

Are East Asian women asexual or just private?

Anonymous

Quote from: Oak post_id=452236 time=1653345513 user_id=3271

Oh good lord.  LOL

I can only answer for myself......I'm very private.

Oak

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=452240 time=1653345727 user_id=3254
Quote from: Oak post_id=452236 time=1653345513 user_id=3271

Oh good lord.  LOL

I can only answer for myself......I'm very private.

I figure it's a matter of privacy for most cultures.  The West is a lot more open in regard to sexuality.