Replies: 8410
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 01, 2024, 09:38:14 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

• Forum gossip thread 5 0 5 3

Forum gossip thread

Started by Erica Mena, May 20, 2022, 03:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 65 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=476731 time=1665715906
Quote from: Edward post_id=476730 time=1665714153
Hi, mel. I was in the Kootenays recently. I would have had a beer with you, buy there was no way to let you know. I mentioned it on the forums at the time, but you were obviously not on line.

Howdy!  I read that there, but I am ultra-permabanned from that forum, and as such cannot reply to posts!  The Hag-Trifecta HATES me, so I used one of the Aces up my sleeve and dropped Mimi's real name and a bunch of her wedding photos...   :laugh3:

That pretty well sealed my fate there!   :laugh:

I hope you enjoyed your visit.  It really is a pretty place if one is happy with small town vibes.  You're lucky you went to Nelson when you did...  They're now paving Baker Street, so there are parts that are completely blocked to road traffic now.  As you can imagine that REALLY fucks things up there if one is driving.

We'll grab a couple of brews another time...   :morewine:

Mel/Ace is very good. He tells it how it is.

He is a "One Man Wolfpack". The people that dislike Mel are weak regustards that have weak personalities and over inflated ego's.

deadskinmask

meh.... everybody has mixed reviews online.... unfortunately mels biggest critics all seem to have mod panels.... :laugh:

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=476726 time=1665709484
Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=476641 time=1665682518 user_id=3214
I established that he was reading PMs months ago. Not that he's smart enough to figure it out on his own but I'm sure his ""webmaster"" gave him the right SQL select statements to run in Myphpadmin to mine the database directly for the info.

It's ridiculously easy.

I mean hell you could do a mysql > dump.sql file and grep for the info you want right out of the raw text file. It's fucking ASCII  ac_lmfao

so yeah, while the forum software does not provide the ability to do it those that run the server can easily read PMs. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise

I openly admit I can do it at SG if I want too, but nothing any of you mooks have to say publicly is important to me let alone taking the time to read what mundane drivel is being passed back and forth privately.

And yeah, we BOTH know how Oak haunts forum admins in PM with her unbridled hysteria

Btw, what ever happened with dick boy and posting the SG database publicly? I was kinda hoping he'd save me the trouble of posting Oak's hysterical pms by doing it for me

I can't speak for all forum software, but phpBB for instance can be easily modded to allow Administrators very easy access to PM's.  I'm sure other forum software is similar.

and why would you want to modify the forum software when you can easily query the database with a simple SELECT statement?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=476737 time=1665719898 user_id=3214
and why would you want to modify the forum software when you can easily query the database with a simple SELECT statement?

Why query the database when you can just read PM's via the ACP?

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=476740 time=1665721316
Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=476737 time=1665719898 user_id=3214

Why query the database when you can just read PM's via the ACP?

Because it requires modding the php code to do so? Hello?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=476741 time=1665721788 user_id=3214
Because it requires modding the php code to do so? Hello?

People mod forum code all the time.  You make it sound like it's some extremely risky thing to do, but it's commonly done.

Biggie Smiles

Anonymous

Quote from: Guest post_id=476732 time=1665717673
Mel/Ace is very good. He tells it how it is.

He is a "One Man Wolfpack". The people that dislike Mel are weak regustards that have weak personalities and over inflated ego's.

I appreciate the kind words.  To me, human nature is an interesting thing.  In 'real life' I treat everyone with respect, but maintain a very small entourage that would be better described as acquaintances.  I don't care for the burden of having 'friends' around.  This stems from life experiences that have dictated to me that there are very few people I will truly trust and be open with.  My Ex was one of them, that I let in, but again it's always best to be prepared to live life as a One Man Wolfpack.

And I bring this mentality to the forum world also, which some may not understand.  I don't come here for friendship.  While others are happily PM'img away in private, bolstering their egos communicating with people that they don't even know...  Forming cliques to bolster their self esteem, or out of boredom, I have no need for that.

I left High School many years ago, and have decided to live my life in a way that isn't conducive with High School cliques or politics.  Unfortunately some people still act like 16 year olds...  In 'real life' they cannot get away with this, but on forums they can, and they do.

I have little patience for these people, especially if they have a Mod/Admin panel.  The purpose of these forums, in my opinion, is to generate much varied forms of debate.  Debate that would be taboo in a public setting.  NOT to form E-cliques with E-friends that you've never personally met and probably never will!  And on top of that play posters against one another for simple entertainment.

Thankfully the Chink hag is now 'away' from the forums for a while, so there's just two hags left to go...  The Hag-Duo...

Erica Mena

Quote from: Edward post_id=476730 time=1665714153
Hi, mel. I was in the Kootenays recently. I would have had a beer with you, buy there was no way to let you know. I mentioned it on the forums at the time, but you were obviously not on line.

Howdy!  I read that there, but I am ultra-permabanned from that forum, and as such cannot reply to posts!  The Hag-Trifecta HATES me, so I used one of the Aces up my sleeve and dropped Mimi's real name and a bunch of her wedding photos...   :laugh3:

I hope you enjoyed your visit.  It really is a pretty place if one is happy with small town vibes.  You're lucky you went to Nelson when you did...  They're now paving Baker Street, so there are parts that are completely blocked to road traffic now.  As you can imagine that REALLY fucks things up there if one is driving.

Mel, you're welcomed here. Can't have you posting Mimi's wedding pics but I enjoy everything else you contribute.

As for the PM reading, it's really weird and stalker-ish. I'd never fuck over my members in that manner. I think everyone knows this tho.

I don't care if this forum gets ten posts a day or one hundred. It will be here for those like it.
<t></t>

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=476755 time=1665751488 user_id=2845

Mel, you're welcomed here. Can't have you posting Mimi's wedding pics but I enjoy everything else you contribute.

Yeah, I don't wanna see that shit either. Especially anywhere near lunch or dinner time

keep your bestiality on the back burner, Mel.

Oerdin

I have to admit disabling the feature to delete PMs is a sure sign he is reading the PMs.  Why else would he not want them deleted until after he had read them?  Talk about paranoia.

Erica Mena

Quote from: RAVEN post_id=476785 time=1665767691 user_id=3352
I have mixed feelings about Mel.  I KNOW he can be a dick in certain company, but otherwise, I've always pretty much enjoyed his posts and pictures (yard).  Not that my opinion matters much, but hey, there it is :D :D :D  lololol.

I think he's hilarious  :roll:
<t></t>

Erica Mena

Quote from: Oerdin post_id=476780 time=1665766976 user_id=3374
I have to admit disabling the feature to delete PMs is a sure sign he is reading the PMs.  Why else would he not want them deleted until after he had read them?  Talk about paranoia.

I've been knowing. That's why I'd pm people there and tell them to check email or pm's elsewhere. I didn't think he'd care enough to use my daughters accident on the board, which is why I did t think twice when I pm'd BEnzo but he proved me wrong.

If the owner is smart, he'd stay the fuck away from this forum.
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: RAVEN post_id=476785 time=1665767691 user_id=3352
I have mixed feelings about Mel.  I KNOW he can be a dick in certain company, but otherwise, I've always pretty much enjoyed his posts and pictures (yard).  Not that my opinion matters much, but hey, there it is :D :D :D  lololol.

All opinions matter, whether I like them or not.  You are not my close friend, nor am I yours...  And I don't want to be your E-Friend either.  I've always wanted to keep the forums running this way...  It's how they used to run years ago.  Until certain posters were handed the Mod panel, and managed to turned one forum of 30 posters into 5 different forums with three posters each...

That said, I digress!  Here's Jade Lake pic I had taken if you like pics...  This image is older, before I married my Ex...  I was fucking a different girl when we chilled here for the week!

https://i.ibb.co/cySHyVp/IMG-0055.jpg">https://i.ibb.co/cySHyVp/IMG-0055.jpg

Breakfall

I always knew the PM's over at BF were readily read. Lol...it was an inside troll having particular conversations with certain members. I asked Oak to post her fat vagina for me knowing full well that BF would be in hysterics. Don't ever trust forum administrators...they are of the dark side! Lol