The best topic

Replies: 8386
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 08:56:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Music you are jamming too thread

Started by weebles, May 22, 2022, 02:16:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Dove

"When I hear those lyrics, I am not especially offended by the word "spazz".  I can barely hear the word by the time we made it to that part because I've been reduced to a nearly catatonic state. The idiocy in the song is so potent, so pure, so uncut that I've overdosed on it. This is medical grade stupidity. You can actually feel your head start to throb and burn as your brain cells self immolate in protest. Listen to this on repeat for 30 minutes would have the same neurological effect as a lobotomy. That is a scientific fact. But even on just one brief listen the song is dumb enough to provoke a full fledged existential crisis, causing the listener to question the purpose and meaning of human existence. It's the worst thing I've ever heard. And yet it's also indistinguishable from 95 percent of pop music. It all bleeds togther into one putrid, toxic, malignant cancerous lump " ~ Walsh gives the only honest review of "Beys" new album and it's completely dead on lol

">
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Erica Mena

"> https://youtu.be/_mdRBa0p6lU

This reminds me of going to Knott's in my teens. It was 14.00 after 4pm during summer. Fun times
<t></t>

Garraty_47

Anonymous

Quote from: Garraty_47 post_id=471304 time=1660701273 user_id=3381
">

They are a different style.

Anonymous

Japan has more musical variety than Taiwan does.

Garraty_47

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=471313 time=1660703330 user_id=3254

Japanese musicians seem to be really good at adapting different musical styles to give them a uniquely Japanese flavor while still being recognizably from a particular genre.

I've been enjoying Japanese artists since I first heard Kitaro so so many years ago.

I'm not very familiar with the Taiwanese music scene but maybe they simply tend more toward traditionalism?

Anonymous

Quote from: Garraty_47 post_id=471327 time=1660704380 user_id=3381
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=471313 time=1660703330 user_id=3254

Japanese musicians seem to be really good at adapting different musical styles to give them a uniquely Japanese flavor while still being recognizably from a particular genre.

I've been enjoying Japanese artists since I first heard Kitaro so so many years ago.

I'm not very familiar with the Taiwanese music scene but maybe they simply tend more toward traditionalism?

Most of it is like K pop..

There is that in Japan too, but they have so much more variety for different tastes than Taiwan, and South Korea.

Garraty_47

Now that I think about it when I was a kid (not just young but really young, like elementary school young) I had a vinyl record of theme songs from Japanese cartoons; must've gotten it while we lived there. I think the album cover itself folded out with pictures and stuff.

I can't really recall what the songs sounded like but I remember that I listened to it a lot.

One was for a show about a girl who played volleyball, I think?

I'll have to do some digging and maybe find some traces of it on the interwurb.

Garraty_47

This is the volleyball player's theme song and I think I found a copy of the compilation for sale on eBay.

The song is definitely familiar but the album cover/foldout... not quite so much.

Oh well. It was fun to dig into that stuff for a while.

">

Anonymous

I love Japanese music.  Their video games are excellent as well.

Anonymous

Quote from: "The Treasurer" post_id=471338 time=1660709718 user_id=3382
I love Japanese music.  Their video games are excellent as well.

They have something for all musical tastes.

Frood

Quote from: Garraty_47 post_id=471304 time=1660701273 user_id=3381
">

That's exactly why girl rock bands suck...

They copy shit. They echo as many variables as possible with their guitar play and pump out big fat musical la la la babies.

Chicks without dicks need to sing and perform without rock. They're the antithesis of rock and roll.

Chicks, fuck off.... unless you've got a mostly male backing group, you suck.
Blahhhhhh...

Garraty_47

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=471544 time=1660825861 user_id=1676
That's exactly why girl rock bands suck...

They copy shit. They echo as many variables as possible with their guitar play and pump out big fat musical la la la babies.

Chicks without dicks need to sing and perform without rock. They're the antithesis of rock and roll.

Chicks, fuck off.... unless you've got a mostly male backing group, you suck.

I award points for actually playing your own instruments, playing them well, and having a tight ensemble.

Personally I don't hear anything terribly wrong with their musical vibe.

It's certainly not nearly derivative as the sample-laden homogeneity of "popular" music these days.

Are you sure you aren't just mad because you could never be that cute in a maid outfit?

Print
User actions