Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

I'll try this here as well

Started by Dove, May 22, 2022, 02:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dove

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=451706 time=1653250837 user_id=3254
I saw this when I checked how to get rid of stink bugs.

If you need to know how to get rid of stink bugs that have already entered a home or building, a vacuum cleaner can aid in the removal of live or dead stink bugs. The bag must be discarded to prevent odor from permeating the area. After stink bugs have entered the structure, it is best to isolate the affected room or rooms by sealing the bugs out.

Yeah I've sucked them up with my shop vac. It STILL stunk.

I guess when I pulled the walls off if i find tons of them....I'll have no choice but to shop vac them while screaming and crying.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Anonymous

Quote from: Dove post_id=451704 time=1653250740 user_id=3266
Ha! Thank you, Shen. This place is very old and we are completely redoing it.

And it's out in a rural area so we get .....visitors lol.

I'm still very happy to be out of the metro area.

You moved to the countryside eh? When did you do that? How do you like it?

Dove

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=451712 time=1653251364 user_id=56

This October it will be two years. I absolutely love it out here.

Lots of work to do and we have been moving pretty slow, but adjusting to being my mothers care taker has been a handful.

But it's been great out here and so much better for the kids for sure.

cw_

Quote from: Dove post_id=451705 time=1653250759 user_id=3266
Quote from: cw_ post_id=451702 time=1653250605 user_id=3226
You have to spray it directly on the stink bug and take a picture of it dying!

Want me to video it?  :evilthoughts2:

Yes!

Anonymous

Quote from: Dove post_id=451713 time=1653251523 user_id=3266

Lots of work to do and we have been moving pretty slow, but adjusting to being my mothers care taker has been a handful.

I have it just the opposite. My mom lives with us and looks after my two sons when I'm working. She will be 61 this year and she's in great health.

Do you have any land? If so, what are you growing/raising on it?

Dove

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=451718 time=1653251790 user_id=56

I have it just the opposite. My mom lives with us and looks after my two sons when I'm working. She will be 61 this year and she's in great health.

Where we are right now the land is owned and we rent it. My mother bought this place dirt cheap as is....it was definately meant to be a project, but she tried living in it as is.

And everything was falling apart. I mean the water heater was dead, the furnace shot. Half the electric doesnt work....oh AND it was wired backwards. The sinks didnt work. We have already done a lot and there is still so much.

There was a ton of work to just get it liveable.

She came to stay with us for a week or so and we decided it was best to just have her live with us.

My husband and I have been planning to buy property. But we took this detour in our plans because mom had already bought this for 4k. So we decided to move in here and renovate it. And possibly haul it to land and build onto it. Or sell it.....either way it would be a shame to just waste it. She was REALLY sad about leaving it behind. So we just decided this was what we would do.

We have found 3 plots out here that we like. Our favorite is part of a 58 acre package.... we only want about 5 or 6 acres... the couple selling it said they will contact us if they end up parceling it out.  Another plot has 3 acres but there is a small river running through the back. It's just really pretty land.  Another plot is 5 acres but it has a ranch style house on it.

We are not opposed to having a house on the land....and this one will need work as well but for 105k it's a really good deal. We really prefer to have all the hook ups on the land but we loosened up our expectations a bit. Especailly with prices shooting up on everything.

We will see. We are definately not rushing into anything. We are not gonna drag ass either but we have a few years to make a solid choice.

When we get land we are gonna grow food and have chickens and do ALL the things lol.

cw_

Get land that has water or is at least close to it.

Anonymous

Quote from: Dove post_id=451722 time=1653252422 user_id=3266

Where we are right now the land is owned and we rent it. My mother bought this place dirt cheap as is....it was definately meant to be a project, but she tried living in it as is.

And everything was falling apart. I mean the water heater was dead, the furnace shot. Half the electric doesnt work....oh AND it was wired backwards. The sinks didnt work. We have already done a lot and there is still so much.

She came to stay with us for a week or so and we decided it was best to just have her live with us.

My husband and I have been planning to buy property. But we took this detour in our plans because mom had already bought this for 4k. So we decided to move in here and renovate it. And possibly haul it to land and build onto it. Or sell it.....either way it would be a shame to just waste it. She was REALLY sad about leaving it behind. So we just decided this was what we would do.

We have found 3 plots out here that we like. Our favorite is part of a 58 acre package.... we only want about 5 or 6 acres... the couple selling it said they will contact us if the end up parceling it out.  Another plot has 3 acres but there is a small river running through the back. It's just really pretty land.  Another plot is 5 acres but it has a ranch style house on it.

We are not opposed to having a house on the land....and this one will need work as well but for 105k it's a really good deal.

We will see. We are definately not rushing into anything. We are not gonna drag ass either but we have a few years to make a solid choice.

When we get land we are gonna grow food and have chickens and do ALL the things lol.

Serviced land with a house on it for only $105K. Fuck, Michigan is a cheap state to buy property.

Dove

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=451724 time=1653252672 user_id=56

We have found 3 plots out here that we like. Our favorite is part of a 58 acre package.... we only want about 5 or 6 acres... the couple selling it said they will contact us if the end up parceling it out.  Another plot has 3 acres but there is a small river running through the back. It's just really pretty land.  Another plot is 5 acres but it has a ranch style house on it.

We are not opposed to having a house on the land....and this one will need work as well but for 105k it's a really good deal.

Serviced land with a house on it for only $105K. Fuck, Michigan is a cheap state to buy property.

Oh no this is a rare find. Like I said it so tempting because its SUCH a good deal.

MI isnt TOO bad.....it all depends on where you are looking, really. Anything in the metro area is gonna be really pricey.

Anonymous

Quote from: Dove post_id=451725 time=1653252750 user_id=3266

Oh no this is a rare find. Like I said it so tempting because its SUCH a good deal.

MI isnt TOO bad.....it all depends on where you are looking, really. Anything in the metro area is gonna be really pricey.

Who the fuck would want to live in greater Detroit anyway.

Even double that price is a good deal. Land/housing right across Canada has gotten so fucking expensive.

Dove

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=451727 time=1653252952 user_id=56
Quote from: Dove post_id=451725 time=1653252750 user_id=3266

Who the fuck would want to live in greater Detroit anyway.

Even double that price is a good deal. Land/housing right across Canada has gotten so fucking expensive.

Exactly. I lived in greater Detroit pretty much all my life and it's just a giant shit hole. Even the nice "upper class" areas like where my mother in law lives sucks. Houses all close together and HOAs.

I don't wanna spend 400k I cant even afford on a house where I cant have a goat if i want one lol.

I love the space, the nature and the freedom. As soon as you cross into the country you feel a weight fall right off.

cw_

Quote from: Dove post_id=451729 time=1653253151 user_id=3266

I love the space, the nature and the freedom. As soon as you cross into the country you feel a weight fall right off.

">

Anonymous

I can't relate I've always lived in cities, in China and in Canada.

Anonymous

Quote from: Dove post_id=451651 time=1653245839 user_id=3266
Anyone know a safe organic way (no chemicals) to kill these damn stink bugs?

My cat actually ATE one the other night and her beautiful paws, chest beard and chin stunk terribly for hours.

I do not have one of those bad infestations of them everywhere. I'd be posting this from a hotel if I did. I HATE these.

I'm terrified that when I pop off the walls to lay electric wire I'm going to find a bunch of them.

Only thing I've seen to do is leave out water with dish soap in it with a lamp pointed down at the water and the stupid gross pieces of shit will fly into the water and die. Or vaccum them with my shop vac.....but that makes them "express" and they smell terrible.

Any tips? Pointers? Help? I had one literally dive right into my coffee this morning and I almost DRANK it  :beurk:

There's not much you can do.  I have a similar issue, except the bug isn't stinky, but they do the same thing:  They hibernate in the outside walls in the winter for warmth, then come out in spring.  The vast majority never actually enter my house and go back outside, but a few manage to come inside and I'm not sure from where.  Luckily they don't stink, so I just squish them with a piece of paper towel.  They must be able to fit in extremely small spaces to do this.

Even if you wanted a chemical solution, there are no currently available insecticides that will stop them.  DDT would probably work, but they banned that because it worked a little too well...

Anonymous

Diazinon,

Kills everything. Organophosphates rule.