Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

A

My Rant For The Day; I Hate Target Stores

Started by Anonymous, March 13, 2014, 03:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Renee"Target in the US tried to position themselves as a more up-scale alternative to Wal-Mart but their merchandise wasn't really any better. So that idea never really caught on. Target is like the old Caldor's and Bradlees stores that were common back east in the 1970s and 80s. They too went out of business in the same way that target seems to be headed.

Target will never be able to compete with Wal-Mart for all the reasons you already mentioned plus a few more. Furthermore to be perfectly honest big fat Americans like me love Wal-Mart because their superstores are a one shop stop. We can buy our tent like graphic tees, gigantic underwear, DVDs, and plus fill up on frozen pizza, white bread, mayonnaise, potato chips ice cream, fruit loops and cheese whiz. What's not to love? It's a western woman's dream come true.

:lol:

Haha, bait for BWD.  :lol:

They do have everything under one roof. There's a newer one near my house that has a lube shop, Mickey D's, Tim Horton's, a Vietnamese nail salon, photo shop and right now an H&R Block. Target has none of that.

Yeah as much as I truly dislike Wal-Mart and their business practices, it is very convenient. There is a reason why they are as successful as they are.

Exactly Renee, I wasn't trying to get into whether one likes Wally World or not, but I can understand their appeal. With Target, I just don't get it?

cc

Don't have the link, but recently read that Canada division lost a pile last year and predictions were that it will not be here much longer. Crappy options etc. being cause
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"Don't have the link, but recently read that Canada division lost a pile last year and predictions were that it will not be here much longer. Crappy options etc. being cause

Yep, I read that Target Canada had a poor year. However, I didn't hear anything about them pulling the pin on their Canadian stores? Wouldn't hurt my feelings any if they did though.

Anonymous

I gave Target a try when they first came to Calgary..

They have a frozen food section with low prices..

But it is not enough to take me away from being a return Walmart shopper..

Like Renee wrote, Walmart has everything a family needs in one stop and with very good prices as well.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"I gave Target a try when they first came to Calgary..

They have a frozen food section with low prices..

But it is not enough to take me away from being a return Walmart shopper..

Like Renee wrote, Walmart has everything a family needs in one stop and with very good prices as well.

It'll be interesting to see if they continue expansion plans in Canada or as CC said start to retreat. The store I was in did not look very busy.

Frost

:oops: I like Target sometimes, but they are a bit high priced for most things.

No guns in the sporting good, Ill hate them for that .  :lol:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue":oops: I like Target sometimes, but they are a bit high priced for most things.

They are Frosty? Just from checking a few things in different departments, I found their prices quite cheap actually. Like you said, every dept is missing basic items from clothing to footwear to food to sporting goods to seasonal. Not much selection to choose from.

That escalator for carts is kinda cool though.

Odinson

This?

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/1428557/145645606/stock-photo-special-escalator-in-modern-mall-for-people-with-supermarket-carts-and-disabled-people-145645606.jpg">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"This?

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/1428557/145645606/stock-photo-special-escalator-in-modern-mall-for-people-with-supermarket-carts-and-disabled-people-145645606.jpg">

No, it's an escalator for carts right beside the people escalator. You put your cart on it, take the regular escalator up and then pick up your cart at the next floor.

Odinson

http://www.fadingad.com/blog/brooklyn/flatbush/target/target_escalator_carts.jpg">

Odinson

Frost

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Blue":oops: I like Target sometimes, but they are a bit high priced for most things.

They are Frosty? Just from checking a few things in different departments, I found their prices quite cheap actually. Like you said, every dept is missing basic items from clothing to footwear to food to sporting goods to seasonal. Not much selection to choose from.

That escalator for carts is kinda cool though.

Here you can get some good deals, but on the most part they don't have what you need, or higher priced.

They have great sale prices, but usually not on stuff I need.

Anonymous

I got a really smoking deal on a pair of Converse from Target, so I won't knock the chain.

Frost

:-) good deal Seoulbro, I hope the feet is happy also.

I wear combat boots, they don't sale those. lol

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue":-) good deal Seoulbro, I hope the feet is happy also.

I wear combat boots, they don't sale those. lol

I was surprised when I saw those Converse on sale so cheap. It's like they were calling me to buy them.