News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10314
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 05:20:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Marvin

do you want BC to be an all guest posting forum?

Started by Anonymous, June 09, 2022, 01:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want to make this guest posting with the except of Flea Trap?

Yes
16 (64%)
No
9 (36%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: June 09, 2022, 04:10:46 PM

deport_liberals

:laugh3:
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=458471 time=1654864321 user_id=3254
Quote from: deport_liberals post_id=458461 time=1654863429 user_id=3305
If you need some mod firepower, flynn got fired.

Thank you for the recommendation deport_liberals, but um, no thanks.

:laugh3:

Poppy

I\'m Poppy!

Anonymous

Quote from: Poppy post_id=458531 time=1654876240 user_id=3287
so BC will be all anonymous posting like 4chan?

Except for Flea Trap which will remain as it is with registered members and guest posting that Erica can approve or disapprove..

Of course, you can still login and post anywhere if you choose to.

Anonymous

Quote from: Poppy post_id=458531 time=1654876240 user_id=3287
so BC will be all anonymous posting like 4chan?

No.  The Chinese lady will sit behind the Admin panel 24/7 analyzing IP addresses and outing Guest posters she doesn't like, just as she currently does now.  Unfortunately her success rate in accuracy is not 100%.

cw_

Anonymous

Quote from: cw_ post_id=458571 time=1654884541 user_id=3226
No, I'll be analyzing posts based on the content.

You think you will, but the Chinese lady has other plans.  What you envision will not be possible.  Guest posting will not be possible on this forum.  It was tried before, and the confusion it caused created a ruckus in the Chinese lady's brain.

You see, the Chinese lady and certain other posters here have a burning desire to know who posts what...  And Guest posting confuses them in that regard.  It boils down to power tripping issues.

So what they attempt to do is to identify posters via IP addresses, which they study 24/7.  This is not possible though, and which I've tried to explain...  There are dynamic IP addresses from home.  And posting from a cell phone?  Forget trying to analyze IP addresses, as they always change.  And some posters use proxies/VPN's.

This was all too much for the Chinese lady's brain, and it frustrated her.  Her hobby is to study the actions of individual posters 24/7, and Guest posting throws a wrench into that.

cw_

Your theory seems to fall short on logic, as both of you have expressed being in favour of the idea.

I agree that people worry overmuch about identifying posters though.

cw_

Anonymous

Quote from: cw_ post_id=458580 time=1654885867 user_id=3226
Your theory seems to fall short on logic, as both of you have expressed being in favour of the idea.

I agree that people worry overmuch about identifying posters though.

I have expressed favour for the idea, since I believe Guest posting can be a viable platform.  In fact, I have run two guest boards of my own.

That said, it takes certain people and a certain mentality to endure some of the downsides that guest posting creates, and to be quite honest the Chinese lady here is not of that mentality.  I could be wrong, but that's what my crystal ball is telling me.

The inability to effectively censor/ban/mute posters she doesn't like will quickly frustrate her.

Poppy

If this is adopted, the fabric of forum reality will most likely be shattered. There will be evil copies of the various members popping in and out of the quantum flux capacitor, and it will be worse than the mirror universe in Star Trek.
I\'m Poppy!

Biggie Smiles

Like a multiverse?

Is there any version of me where I'm not smiling because I get a kick out of kicking the ant hills?

cw_

Ooooo, I could be evil Spock.

I think it'll be more like furry cos play.  A fluffy ball of cringe.

Anonymous

You can even be a farty pants sniffer if you want.  With guest posting, you can be anything you want to be.

Anonymous

Quote from: Poppy post_id=458585 time=1654886382 user_id=3287
If this is adopted, the fabric of forum reality will most likely be shattered. There will be evil copies of the various members popping in and out of the quantum flux capacitor, and it will be worse than the mirror universe in Star Trek.

Poppy, are you still angry with me because I choked you?

Get over it.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview