Replies: 8416
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

• What are you doing? 5 0 5 1

What are you doing?

Started by Erica Mena, June 12, 2022, 10:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Blazor

One of the songs I sang tonight.

">
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

searching for a 4K version of "They Live". Blame Blazor's choice in avatars.

Anonymous

Erica Mena

Quote from: "The Treasurer" post_id=490762 time=1673480578 user_id=3382
I think I slipped a disc.

Your back??
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=490766 time=1673480728 user_id=2845
Quote from: "The Treasurer" post_id=490762 time=1673480578 user_id=3382
I think I slipped a disc.

Your back??

Yes, I am in a glorious amount of pain lol

Erica Mena

Quote from: "The Treasurer" post_id=490770 time=1673480969 user_id=3382

Your back??

Oh I bet you are. I pulled my sciatic nerve a few years ago. I couldn't even move, the pain was so bad. Hope yours is just a pulled muscle
<t></t>

Anonymous

I hope so too.  I haven't even been 45 a whole week!

Odinson

Your back??

What were you doing?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=490773 time=1673481085 user_id=2845

Oh I bet you are. I pulled my sciatic nerve a few years ago. I couldn't even move, the pain was so bad. Hope yours is just a pulled muscle

I could pull a muscle, if I could be bothered cleaning my spoof off the ceiling afterwards.

Blazor

Quote from: Guest post_id=490588 time=1673258563

Lol. I doubt you'll find a 4k version, it was made in the 80's lol.

Worth watching these days, the similarities will blow your mind. Also watch Demolition Man, and pay attention there too lol.

Erica Mena

My day off.

Found out late last night that my little cousin passed away. This one really hurts.
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: Blazor post_id=490898 time=1673533397 user_id=2221
Quote from: Guest post_id=490588 time=1673258563

Worth watching these days, the similarities will blow your mind. Also watch Demolition Man, and pay attention there too lol.

I know, I have both already, albeit in lower resolutions. Demolition Man was a movie I chased down after Carl Benjamin did a "Politics Of..." video regarding it. The scene where he racks up a number of fines just so he might have some toilet paper made me chuckle.

You're probably right about the 4K aspect as both are pretty much cult movies. I can get Demolition Movie in 4K, though it's an upscale, I'm not seeing anything for They Live at that resolution. I have a limited selection of flicks at that scale dating from the late seventies (Animal House and the 4K77 version of Star Wars) so it's not the age of the movie that's an issue.

Blazor

Quote from: Guest post_id=490914 time=1673541273
Quote from: Blazor post_id=490898 time=1673533397 user_id=2221

I know, I have both already, albeit in lower resolutions. Demolition Man was a movie I chased down after Carl Benjamin did a "Politics Of..." video regarding it. The scene where he racks up a number of fines just so he might have some toilet paper made me chuckle.

You're probably right about the 4K aspect as both are pretty much cult movies. I can get Demolition Movie in 4K, though it's an upscale, I'm not seeing anything for They Live at that resolution. I have a limited selection of flicks at that scale dating from the late seventies (Animal House and the 4K77 version of Star Wars) so it's not the age of the movie that's an issue.

:thumbup:

Prolly harder to find They Live these days. Its why I still prefer discs over stream. Stream is killing movies. Stuff THEY dont want you to see lol.

So I looked it up...... 4k!!!!

https://www.amazon.com/They-Live-Blu-ray-Roddy-Piper/dp/B07GNSKGHK/ref=tmm_frk_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=">https://www.amazon.com/They-Live-Blu-ra ... 8&qid=&sr=">https://www.amazon.com/They-Live-Blu-ray-Roddy-Piper/dp/B07GNSKGHK/ref=tmm_frk_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Frood

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=490903 time=1673533951 user_id=2845
My day off.

Found out late last night that my little cousin passed away. This one really hurts.

I'm really sorry for you. I won't use my catchphrase here.

Stay strong.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: Blazor post_id=490940 time=1673550778 user_id=2221
Quote from: Guest post_id=490914 time=1673541273

:thumbup:

Prolly harder to find They Live these days. Its why I still prefer discs over stream. Stream is killing movies. Stuff THEY dont want you to see lol.

So I looked it up...... 4k!!!!

https://www.amazon.com/They-Live-Blu-ray-Roddy-Piper/dp/B07GNSKGHK/ref=tmm_frk_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=">https://www.amazon.com/They-Live-Blu-ra ... 8&qid=&sr=">https://www.amazon.com/They-Live-Blu-ray-Roddy-Piper/dp/B07GNSKGHK/ref=tmm_frk_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Yeah, I'd be content with a locally stored digital copy. That's what 99% of my collection is these days, I'd need a small warehouse to store my collection if it were in physical format.

I hear you on the streaming aspect. Sure, I can see an argument for the convenience of cloud storage, I just don't dig the idea some bastard other than myself can curate it at a whim. So I tend to keep my own digital library, along with two safety copies for the stuff I give a shit about.