Replies: 10332
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:34:56 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by formosan

Google suspends engineer following claims an AI system had become 'sentient'

Started by Rancidmilko, June 13, 2022, 10:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rancidmilko

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/google-suspends-engineer-claims-ai-sentient">https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/ ... i-sentient">https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/google-suspends-engineer-claims-ai-sentient
There\'s always a bigger fish.

weebles

Well we created a new highly intelligent and fully sentient lifeform we should be amazed and proud of this achievement IMO.

We should find a way to integrate with them cause with highly Genetically Modified Humans integrated with highly advanced A.I. would make us one cool new highly evolved species it's the next true step. :yahoo:

Anonymous

Quote from: weebles post_id=459442 time=1655142424 user_id=2191
Well we created a new highly intelligent and fully sentient lifeform we should be amazed and proud of this achievement IMO.

We should find a way to integrate with them cause with highly Genetically Modified Humans integrated with highly advanced A.I. would make us one cool new highly evolved species it's the next true step. :yahoo:

ac_umm

weebles

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=459447 time=1655146356 user_id=3254

ac_umm

ac_dunno  :confused1:

Rancidmilko

That would be the case if we were a world comprised of people who worked for the good of the whole humanity, without having the severe problems we have today.

Creating sentient digital life will be just like the discovery of nuclear energy.

It might bring us some good things, but also the potential for endless destruction and threats.

Anonymous

Quote from: weebles post_id=459455 time=1655153658 user_id=2191
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=459447 time=1655146356 user_id=3254

ac_umm

ac_dunno  :confused1:

I don't know what to think..

Rancid says there will some beneficial things and some bad things..

There's also a fear of the unknown.

Oliver Clotheshoffe

Hasn't anybody here seen the Terminator movies? Skynet ring a bell?
Life is too short to be in a hurry

Anonymous

Quote from: "Oliver Clotheshoffe" post_id=459465 time=1655159714 user_id=3349
Hasn't anybody here seen the Terminator movies?

I did, but I was drunk or stoned for all of them.

Lokmar

Rancidmilko

Quote from: Herman post_id=459469 time=1655162895 user_id=1689
Quote from: "Oliver Clotheshoffe" post_id=459465 time=1655159714 user_id=3349
Hasn't anybody here seen the Terminator movies?

I did, but I was drunk or stoned for all of them.

bahahahahah

no other way to watch them

Thiel

Quote from: Rancidmilko post_id=459458 time=1655155184 user_id=2853

That would be the case if we were a world comprised of people who worked for the good of the whole humanity, without having the severe problems we have today.

Creating sentient digital life will be just like the discovery of nuclear energy.

It might bring us some good things, but also the potential for endless destruction and threats.

It will change things. There will be progress and victims.
gay, conservative and proud

Frood

Quote from: Thiel post_id=459525 time=1655174219 user_id=1688
Quote from: Rancidmilko post_id=459458 time=1655155184 user_id=2853

It will change things. There will be progress and victims.

Ever seen "On the Beach" with Gregory Peck?

AI would have made that story into a real horror flick. ..
Blahhhhhh...