Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Shakedown in California

Started by Gary Oak, March 20, 2014, 08:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary Oak

Look at this fact that the FAN QING FU MING swearing enemies of Canada and Canadians conveniently never feels the need to mention. They claims that Canada must allow more Chinese to come to atone for the head tax and Canadians should have to pay them big bucks too however China doesn't allow non Chinese immigration.

Chinese Shakedown in California

By Brenda Walker on June 21, 2009 at 11:44pm

One of the most financially successful immigrant groups in the country is getting on the apology bandwagon. A newly elected California Assembly Member, Paul Fong from Silicon Valley, has submitted a bill (ACR42) that demands a statement of remorse from Californians for historical discrimination agaist Chinese immigrants. Mr. Fong appears unaware that his victimhood bill is no way to win friends and influence people, particularly at a time when Californians want Sacramento to get serious about fixing the budget. (Contact information here.)

California should formally "express regrets" to the Chinese immigrants who were historically persecuted and abused while they helped build the Golden State's railroads, mines and agricultural fields, said a state legislator who is promoting legislation that would lead to the first-ever government apology to Chinese-Americans.

Assemblyman Paul Fong, D-Mountain View, the grandson of a Chinese immigrant who was interned at Angel Island, said his goal is to eventually convince the federal government to also issue an apology, and then legislate redress for the 1882 Chinese Exclusion Act, which specifically barred Chinese immigrants from the U.S. It was repealed in 1943.

[California should apologize for persecution of Chinese immigrants, legislator says, San Jose Mercury News, June 11, 2009]

However, American groveling is not sufficient for Mr. Fong; he wants money.

If he gets the state apology, Fong said, he will seek federal redress for the people interned in camps that operated from 1910 to 1942 at Angel Island. However, he did not say how much he wanted the government to pay.

When the U.S. government issued a 1988 apology for the World War II internment of 120,000 Japanese and Japanese-American citizens, it paid reparation of $20,000 for each individual who was interned.

Another article contained pertinent information about how Fong family utilized fraud to enter America: Calif. lawmaker seeks apology for Chinese workers, Google AP.

Fong's grandfather paid about $2,000 for fake identification papers and took a new name of Chan Share, becoming a "paper son." The term referred to immigrants who purchased fake identification papers from the Chinese who claimed they were citizens and wanted to help their children in China immigrate to America. The practice became popular after the 1906 San Francisco earthquake that destroyed many birth records. [...]

"There were discriminatory laws on the books at the time, and he had to get around them," Fong said. "That was the way they did it."

See, Fong thinks it's fine to lie your way into America because of all the nasty discrimination. He doesn't seem to notice that his other country, the Peoples' Republic of China, doesn't permit immigrationof persons who are not racially Chinese.

In fact, it's quite true that early Chinese immigrants were treated poorly -- just like the Irish and other groups. Since then, the Chinese have done very well. The Chinese median family income is $10K above that of the American family's ($60,058 vs. $50,046), according to the Census Bureau's 2004 analysis, Asians in America.

But money-grubbing hypocrite Paul Fong has a high opinion of his racial tribe (as do many Chinese), and he apparently believes that Americans must be forced to pay for humiliating his grandfather.

http://chinawatchcanada.blogspot.ca/201">http://chinawatchcanada.blogspot.ca/201 ... ornia.html

Romero

California isn't in Canada.

One Chinese guy in California five years ago is proof that Chinese Canadians are enemies of Canada? It just goes to show that you don't have much of an argument.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gary Oak"Look at this fact that the FAN QING FU MING swearing enemies of Canada and Canadians conveniently never feels the need to mention. They claims that Canada must allow more Chinese to come to atone for the head tax and Canadians should have to pay them big bucks too however China doesn't allow non Chinese immigration.

Chinese Shakedown in California

By Brenda Walker on June 21, 2009 at 11:44pm

One of the most financially successful immigrant groups in the country is getting on the apology bandwagon. A newly elected California Assembly Member, Paul Fong from Silicon Valley, has submitted a bill (ACR42) that demands a statement of remorse from Californians for historical discrimination agaist Chinese immigrants. Mr. Fong appears unaware that his victimhood bill is no way to win friends and influence people, particularly at a time when Californians want Sacramento to get serious about fixing the budget. (Contact information here.)

California should formally "express regrets" to the Chinese immigrants who were historically persecuted and abused while they helped build the Golden State's railroads, mines and agricultural fields, said a state legislator who is promoting legislation that would lead to the first-ever government apology to Chinese-Americans.

Assemblyman Paul Fong, D-Mountain View, the grandson of a Chinese immigrant who was interned at Angel Island, said his goal is to eventually convince the federal government to also issue an apology, and then legislate redress for the 1882 Chinese Exclusion Act, which specifically barred Chinese immigrants from the U.S. It was repealed in 1943.

[California should apologize for persecution of Chinese immigrants, legislator says, San Jose Mercury News, June 11, 2009]

However, American groveling is not sufficient for Mr. Fong; he wants money.

If he gets the state apology, Fong said, he will seek federal redress for the people interned in camps that operated from 1910 to 1942 at Angel Island. However, he did not say how much he wanted the government to pay.

When the U.S. government issued a 1988 apology for the World War II internment of 120,000 Japanese and Japanese-American citizens, it paid reparation of $20,000 for each individual who was interned.

Another article contained pertinent information about how Fong family utilized fraud to enter America: Calif. lawmaker seeks apology for Chinese workers, Google AP.

Fong's grandfather paid about $2,000 for fake identification papers and took a new name of Chan Share, becoming a "paper son." The term referred to immigrants who purchased fake identification papers from the Chinese who claimed they were citizens and wanted to help their children in China immigrate to America. The practice became popular after the 1906 San Francisco earthquake that destroyed many birth records. [...]

"There were discriminatory laws on the books at the time, and he had to get around them," Fong said. "That was the way they did it."

See, Fong thinks it's fine to lie your way into America because of all the nasty discrimination. He doesn't seem to notice that his other country, the Peoples' Republic of China, doesn't permit immigrationof persons who are not racially Chinese.

In fact, it's quite true that early Chinese immigrants were treated poorly -- just like the Irish and other groups. Since then, the Chinese have done very well. The Chinese median family income is $10K above that of the American family's ($60,058 vs. $50,046), according to the Census Bureau's 2004 analysis, Asians in America.

But money-grubbing hypocrite Paul Fong has a high opinion of his racial tribe (as do many Chinese), and he apparently believes that Americans must be forced to pay for humiliating his grandfather.

http://chinawatchcanada.blogspot.ca/201">http://chinawatchcanada.blogspot.ca/201 ... ornia.html

I don't know where I stand when it comes to reparations for past injustices.

:?

Odinson

Poor people want reparations... They think some1 owes them something.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"Poor people want reparations... They think some1 owes them something.

I don't think it is that black and white Odi..

I have heard sensible arguments for and against reparations.

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Odinson"Poor people want reparations... They think some1 owes them something.

The people whom suffered are dead.

Their masters are dead.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"

The people whom suffered are dead.

Their masters are dead.

Reparations depends on the historical injustice and whether victims are alive today.

Romero

I'm not sure about monetary reparations right now, but like Chinese Canadians, Chinese Californians did deserve at least an apology. They were treated extremely poorly for coming over and helping California grow.

An apology was actually given by the California legislature in 2009, one month after Gary Oak's article.

QuoteOn July 17, the California legislature quietly approved a landmark bill to apologize to the state's Chinese-American community for racist laws enacted as far back as the mid–19th century Gold Rush, which attracted about 25,000 Chinese from 1849 to 1852. The laws, some of which were not repealed until the 1940s, barred Chinese from owning land or property, marrying whites, working in the public sector and testifying against whites in court. The new bill also recognizes the contributions Chinese immigrants have made to the state, particularly their work on the Transcontinental Railroad.

The California resolution moved quickly through the state legislature since it was first introduced in February. "It's symbolic to recognize that the state made mistakes," says assembly member Paul Fong, who co-sponsored the legislation with assembly member Kevin de Leon. "These laws reverberate to this date because racism still exists."

Most of the direct victims of the laws in question have already passed away. Fong's grandfather was held for two months at Angel Island, an immigration station near San Francisco that targeted and detained several hundred thousand Chinese immigrants from 1910 to 1940. Dale Ching, 88, arrived at Angel Island from China's Guangdong province in 1937 at age 16. Though his father was an American citizen, immigration authorities detained Ching for 3½ months. "My intent was to try to have a better life, better than in China," says Ching. "But at that time, they didn't want you to get ahead."

Fong does not plan to press for financial compensation for the surviving victims of the state and federal laws in question, despite the Japanese-American precedent. More important than individual compensation, he says, is to help educate younger generations about the mistakes of the past.

Not long after his father helped negotiate his release, Dale Ching joined the U.S. Army and fought Japanese forces during WWII. He went on to become an electronics technician, but after retiring, he began volunteering as a docent at Angel Island in hopes of drawing more attention to that moment in history. "We've been fighting, but nobody would listen," he says. "Finally someone has said sorry."

http://content.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1911981,00.html">//http://content.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1911981,00.html

A little something else I stumbled upon:

QuoteThe Chinese massacre of 1871 was a racially motivated riot on October 24, 1871, when a mob of over 500 white men entered Los Angeles' Chinatown to attack, rob and murder Chinese residents of the city. The riots took place on Calle de los Negros (Street of the Negroes), also referred to as "Nigger Alley", which later became part of Los Angeles Street. A total of 18 Chinese immigrants were systematically killed by the mob, making the so-called "Chinatown War" the largest incident of mass lynching in American history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_massacre_of_1871">//http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_massacre_of_1871

Thanks for the history lesson and update, Gary Oak. Whites have treated Chinese and Asian North Americans like crap and you're one of the few keeping the tradition going.

Odinson

Modern day whites do not owe them anything...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"I'm not sure about monetary reparations right now, but like Chinese Canadians, Chinese Californians did deserve at least an apology. They were treated extremely poorly for coming over and helping California grow.

An apology was actually given by the California legislature in 2009, one month after Gary Oak's article.

Thanks for the history lesson and update, Gary Oak. Whites have treated Chinese and Asian North Americans like crap and you're one of the few keeping the tradition going.

I am in favour of reparations for victims of abuse in the residential schools because they are still alive today..

But when it comes to addressing injustices that happened to grandparents or great grandparents I think an admission of wrongdoing is sufficient.

Odinson

Quote from: "Romero"I'm not sure about monetary reparations right now, but like Chinese Canadians, Chinese Californians did deserve at least an apology. They were treated extremely poorly for coming over and helping California grow.

I am in favour of reparations for victims of abuse in the residential schools because they are still alive today..

But when it comes to addressing injustices that happened to grandparents or great grandparents I think an admission of wrongdoing is sufficient.

What kind of abuse?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"

What kind of abuse?

With our Native peoples they suffered both physical and sexual abuse at residential schools.

Romero

Quote from: "Odinson"Modern day whites do not owe them anything...

States and governments should at least apologize if they have ever harmed their innocent, hardworking citizens. It's not like there's some expiry date. Wrong is wrong. Trying to forget it ever happened is no excuse.

As for modern day whites, when do you plan to stop bashing and discriminating against non-whites?

It was people like you and Gary Oak who started it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"

States and governments should at least apologize if they have ever harmed their innocent, hardworking citizens. It's not like there's some expiry date. Wrong is wrong. Trying to forget it ever happened is no excuse.

As for modern day whites, when do you plan to stop bashing and discriminating against non-whites?

That seems very reasonable to me Romero.

:)

Odinson

Quote from: "Romero"

I´m bashing but I´m not discriminating.. I want them to get education and jobs... Be of use.

The truth is that the majority of them are fucking useless, diseased bags of puzz. Takes a real retard to fail even with all these free services we have in here.

We have our own useless, diseased bags of puzz´s here so no need to import more of them.