News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8333
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 07:34:21 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Thiel

America celebrates the 4th of July in the traditional way.

Started by Bricktop, July 04, 2022, 11:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lokmar

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=462951 time=1657149610 user_id=3254
Quote from: Lokmar post_id=462947 time=1657149262 user_id=3351
So the latest is the dad helped this kid buy the guns. WTF, over? The dad should probably get the death penalty too for the crime of allowing his kid to get face and neck tattoos.

The latest I saw was of Robert Crimo appearing on social media wearing modern racist attire.

There's a lot of conflicting information on this. I've seen social media pics of him wrapped in a Trump flag and I've seen him with Antifa garb on. The Trump related stuff looks like it could have been done in a mocking fashion especially him at a Trump event dressed like "Where's Waldo".

Lokmar

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=462953 time=1657154356 user_id=1560
Quote from: Lokmar post_id=462911 time=1657117489 user_id=3351
The 2nd Amendment in America exists solely to overthrow the federal government and repel foreign invaders. That means that military grade weaponry is protected by the 2nd Amendment no matter the time period. You cant argue muskets are the only thing people can own because the intent is to enable the people to overthrow the government and you cant do that with muskets today. Now I get that everyone gets all emotional about dead children and shot up parades but that doesnt trump the Bill of Rights. I have 4 kids and if all 4 were dead, thats no reason to restrict peoples God Given Inalienable Rights.

On the flip side, you have the UK where you cant even own a knife with a locking blade or over 3" without it being considered a weapon that can land you in prison. What a fucking joke! Someone needs to overthrow that joke of a government! And guess what? People get murdered over there all the time STILL!

Americas Constitutional threat against its own government is foreign to the rest of the world. The purpose is to prevent it from becoming despotic like the UK and Australian governments. The most effective way to destroy the 2nd Amendment is to move the people away from morality and into nihilistic depravity and democrat liberals have done just that. What better way for a government to consolidate its power over the people than disarm the populace?

The solution to mass shootings in America is going to take a generation at the very least. Re-introduce the Bible and prayer into schools as it was before 1960, bring back a swift death penalty, teach Godly morality, quit allowing blacks to cry racism every time one of their din doo nuffins gets smoked by the cops. These would be a good start. For crying out loud, 2 black kids in the chicongo got in a fight, one had a knife and stabbed the other kid who was completely unarmed to death. They didnt bring charges against the murderer because it was said the 2 were "mutual combatants". LMFAO at the absurdity!!!! Whats NOT going to happen is disarming Americans. Thats a recipe for a civil war. Sure, all this sounds pollyanna but its a FACT that we didnt have anywhere near this level of violence when our society was anchored by Godly morals.

It is this kind of misguided and irrational zealotry that has put America in this mess.

Just one small example from this nonsensical rationale; the creators of the US constitution including the right to bear arms so that people can overthrow the very government the constitution creates.

If you have friends or relatives in America tell them to get out. Now.

Many of this nations founders wrote about the evil of governments disarming the populace. In fact, the Declaration of Independence established the peoples God Given Right to overthrow their government when absolutely necessary. How does one do that? With military grade weaponry which happened to be muskets at the time. 1000 years before, it would have been the swords outlawed by european kings. 250 years later, its the AR-15 liberals seek to ban.

Do you dispute this historic fact? To support my assertion:

WHEN in the Course of human Events, it becomes necessary for one People to dissolve the Political Bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the Powers of the Earth, the separate and equal Station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent Respect to the Opinions of Mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the Separation.

We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness—-That to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the Consent of the Governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its Foundation on such Principles, and organizing its Powers in such Form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient Causes; and accordingly all Experience hath shewn, that Mankind are more disposed to suffer, while Evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the Forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long Train of Abuses and Usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object, evinces a Design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their Right, it is their Duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future Security. Such has been the patient Sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the Necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government.

Gouverneur Morris, one of the founding fathers-

"Americans need never fear their government because of the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation."

There are lots of commentary by the founders discussing the purpose of the people retaining arms to overthrow the federal government should it become tyrannical. I can spam it if needed.

I've heard the argument made that the DOC was a letter of separation between the King and the colonies and in no way established the existence of the US and that The Constitution (1787) established the US. This is flatly false as evidenced by the Articles of Confederation in which "The United States" is referenced over and over.

Lokmar

https://tjrs.monticello.org/letter/100">https://tjrs.monticello.org/letter/100

Extract from Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith

Paris Nov. 13. 1787.

the people can not be all, & always, well informed. the part which is wrong [. . .] will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. if they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. we have had 13. states independant 11. years. there has been one rebellion. that comes to one rebellion in a century & a half for each state. what country before ever existed a century & half without a rebellion? & what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms. the remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon & pacify them. what signify a few lives lost in a century or two? the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure.

Noah Webster's Examination of the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution," authored in 1787: "Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretence [sic], raised in the United States. A military force, at the command of Congress, can execute no laws, but such as the people perceive to be just and constitutional; for they will possess the power, and jealousy will instantly inspire the inclination, to resist the execution of a law which appears to them unjust and oppressive."

Lokmar

When you can refute all that the founders wrote on the subject, we can discuss further:

https://www.concealedcarry.com/gun-quotes-from-our-founding-fathers-2nd-amendment/">https://www.concealedcarry.com/gun-quot ... amendment/">https://www.concealedcarry.com/gun-quotes-from-our-founding-fathers-2nd-amendment/

Zetsu

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=462997 time=1657177779 user_id=1676
Quote from: Bricktop post_id=462996 time=1657176018 user_id=1560
Ah.

You mean safe like an American school?

Or safe like a Las Vegas rock concert?

Or maybe safe like an independence day celebration?

Newsflash, junior. MY country is FAR safer than your country by a factor of about 10 to 1. We don't need guns to keep us safe. Or make us feel big and strong.

Yes.... because we get guns pointed at our heads by a fuckwit authorities if we resist tyranny like the lockdowns...while domestic abuse case deaths migrate to blunt objects, sharp objects, and a whole generation has been so fucked up by 2 years of lockdowns and misplaced panic, that we're literally killing ourselves with booze, drugs, poverty, suicide, and people killing their own people.

I like your whiskey recommendations but when it comes to reality, you're a big steaming heap of dog shit. I wish you'd just die and go to hell in that aspect.

Dude, you're complaining about lock downs and wanting to own a gun as a civilian, when in fact the US had the worst pandemic controls due to refusal to stay indoors, wear mask or obey laws, not to mention the worst gun violence out of all first world nation.  This shouldn't be happening to a super power, yet you guys are literally decaying rapidly as the world see the US.
Permanently off his rocker

Zetsu

Quote from: Lokmar post_id=463033 time=1657211574 user_id=3351
When you can refute all that the founders wrote on the subject, we can discuss further:

https://www.concealedcarry.com/gun-quotes-from-our-founding-fathers-2nd-amendment/">https://www.concealedcarry.com/gun-quot ... amendment/">https://www.concealedcarry.com/gun-quotes-from-our-founding-fathers-2nd-amendment/

With all due respect, the 2nd Amendment only makes sense for post war settings were way too many people still had guns, but now it's severely outdated as the world watches US news in horror almost everyday, you guys are so numbed by it and don't realized how messed up and short sighted the pro-gun community is.

Zetsu

When my brother used to work for correctional service, he was require to carry a hand gun in some situation, but he told me he prefer not to have one if he had a choice.  And the question whether a civilian should be allowed to own a gun, the answer is obvious.

Zetsu

I have some friends that have been robbed at gunpoint or scumbags with a knife, I even have one friend that gets constantly attacked by the 4 same assholes while on his way home from school, while I've gotten into a fight against 3 guys by myself and I would have been dead if it weren't for the by standers calling the police.

Yet still none of us ever cried about needing to own some kind of weapon for self defense.

Anonymous

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=463078 time=1657237803 user_id=61
I have some friends that have been robbed at gunpoint or scumbags with a knife, I even have one friend that gets constantly attacked by the 4 same assholes while on his way home from school, while I've gotten into a fight against 3 guys by myself and I would have been dead if it weren't for the by standers calling the police.

Yet still none of us ever cried about needing to own some kind of weapon for self defense.

Illegal tasers are in demand among women in Canada.

Zetsu

Quote from: Herman post_id=463081 time=1657238089 user_id=1689
Quote from: Zetsu post_id=463078 time=1657237803 user_id=61

Illegal tasers are in demand among women in Canada.

I have to admit I once considered using bear spray to ward of home intruders when the street next to mines had 5 homes consecutively robbed by the same group of people, but then a door bell cam seems more realistic, and like Renee had said, cleaning up wouldn't be fun.

Robbing or sexual assault in public places is rare if we look at stats, while prevention can solve nearly everything, not worth exchanging bullets or stabbing each other over $50.

Bricktop

Challenge accepted.

However, it is not for me to refute what "the founders" wrote because I do not know what they wrote. Nor do I care.

It seems to me that Americans believe that "the founders" were almost god-like in their prescience, wisdom, prognostications and indeed ability to look deep into the future, in order to set in incontrovertible stone a platform and framework for the governance of their nation that would endure for eons.

The same Americans that subscribe to Scientology, Mormonism, Area 51, the flat earth, evangalists and Amway as a means of becoming rich. Such easy prey for those who seek to control their minds and conduct. So easy to manipulate, influence and ply with fantasy and deception.

The American Constitution was written around 1789. 233 years ago. Do you believe that the fledgling American government would adopt policies, protocols, laws and strictures from 1566, that is to say 233 years before 1789?

I doubt they would have not even remotely considered it. Nor should they.

So...do you thus believe that "the founders" formulated and constructed this wondrous document on the premise that Americans would live under its ethos and doctrines in 2022??

Well, no. They did not.

"Since 1789, along with the Constitution of the United States of America (U.S. Constitution), which is the oldest and shortest written constitution still in force,[12] close to 800 constitutions have been adopted and subsequently amended around the world by independent states.[13]

In the late 18th century, Thomas Jefferson predicted that a period of 20 years would be the optimal time for any constitution to be still in force, since "the earth belongs to the living, and not to the dead."[14] Indeed, according to recent studies,[13] the average life of any new written constitution is around 19 years. However, a great number of constitutions do not last more than 10 years, and around 10% do not last more than one year, as was the case of the French Constitution of 1791.[13] By contrast, some constitutions, notably that of the United States, have remained in force for several centuries, often without major revision for long periods of time. "

So, while other nations govern themselves based on the reality of modern times, the US has steadfastly remained anchored to an anachronistic, unworkable and utterly unreasonable set of antiquated rules based on the world of the 18th century. Not the 19th, nor the 20th or the 21st. The EIGHTEENTH century. The absurdity is breathtaking to everyone outside the continental US...and probably many in it.

I do not refute the principles and shibboleths that the "founders" enshrined in their outline of a new nation. Good for them.

But I not only refute, but marvel at the asininity and derangement of Americans who grasp at this ancient document as the font of all knowledge in nation building.

As a small but I think meaningful aside, we also note that they enshrined the principle that "all men are created equal" while building an economy based on slavery and colonisation.

Hard to take them seriously, really, isn't it?

Frood

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=463119 time=1657258511 user_id=1560

Challenge accepted.

However, it is not for me to refute what "the founders" wrote because I do not know what they wrote. Nor do I care.

It seems to me that Americans believe that "the founders" were almost god-like in their prescience, wisdom, prognostications and indeed ability to look deep into the future, in order to set in incontrovertible stone a platform and framework for the governance of their nation that would endure for eons.

The same Americans that subscribe to Scientology, Mormonism, Area 51, the flat earth, evangalists and Amway as a means of becoming rich. Such easy prey for those who seek to control their minds and conduct. So easy to manipulate, influence and ply with fantasy and deception.

The American Constitution was written around 1789. 233 years ago. Do you believe that the fledgling American government would adopt policies, protocols, laws and strictures from 1566, that is to say 233 years before 1789?

So...do you thus believe that "the founders" formulated and constructed this wondrous document on the premise that Americans would live under its ethos and doctrines in 2022??

Well, no. They did not.

"Since 1789, along with the Constitution of the United States of America (U.S. Constitution), which is the oldest and shortest written constitution still in force,[12] close to 800 constitutions have been adopted and subsequently amended around the world by independent states.[13]

In the late 18th century, Thomas Jefferson predicted that a period of 20 years would be the optimal time for any constitution to be still in force, since "the earth belongs to the living, and not to the dead."[14] Indeed, according to recent studies,[13] the average life of any new written constitution is around 19 years. However, a great number of constitutions do not last more than 10 years, and around 10% do not last more than one year, as was the case of the French Constitution of 1791.[13] By contrast, some constitutions, notably that of the United States, have remained in force for several centuries, often without major revision for long periods of time. "

So, while other nations govern themselves based on the reality of modern times, the US has steadfastly remained anchored to an anachronistic, unworkable and utterly unreasonable set of antiquated rules based on the world of the 18th century. Not the 19th, nor the 20th or the 21st. The EIGHTEENTH century. The absurdity is breathtaking to everyone outside the continental US...and probably many in it.

I do not refute the principles and shibboleths that the "founders" enshrined in their outline of a new nation. Good for them.

But I not only refute, but marvel at the asininity and derangement of Americans who grasp at this ancient document as the font of all knowledge in nation building.

As a small but I think meaningful aside, we also note that they enshrined the principle that "all men are created equal" while building an economy based on slavery and colonisation.

I don't care either. If I could leave a person like you decomposing in a ditch after a "random" roadside stop and know that driving away from putrid wrecks was A-Okay, I wouldn't have to look over my shoulder....

You may now commence crying, coward....
Blahhhhhh...

Zetsu

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=463122 time=1657262453 user_id=1676
Quote from: Bricktop post_id=463119 time=1657258511 user_id=1560

Challenge accepted.

Well, no. They did not.

I don't care either. If I could leave a person like you decomposing in a ditch after a "random" roadside stop and know that driving away from putrid wrecks was A-Okay, I wouldn't have to look over my shoulder....

You may now commence crying, coward....

Dead children is never something to be proud of Dinky.  Can you only image for once if every single one of you spineless coward carry a gun just to feel safe in peace times?  :sdfjh(2):

Zetsu

You might think this doesn't concerns me just b/c I'm not an American, guess what? It always does when it's well known nearly all of our black market guns comes from the US.  

Thanks to all you gutless chickens.  acc_angry

Anonymous

Former Japanese prime minister Shinzo Abe was shot and killed. Japan has some of the industrialized world's most restrictive gun laws.