Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Alison Redford Resigns

Started by Romero, March 19, 2014, 10:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Shen Li"Romero,

That HP editorial is a load of crap. She is one of the most leftist premiers in Canada. A lot of people talk about the Heritage fund that Lougheed created(and which he also took from), but people don`t talk about the Sustainability Fund that Klein created. All big infrastructure projects/capital spending were supposed to come from that account. The era of deficits for major projects was over. Redford totally reversed the fiscally responsible trajectory that Klein put us on. My son and I will be paying for her fiscal malfeasance for a long time.

i heard one commentator on the radio mention Nenshi's name as a possible leadership contender.....can you believe anyone could be that stupid......i mean it would be great for the Wildrose if it were true but even the red cons are not that fucking stupid.....christ how can people be so dumb

Romero

Quote from: "Shen Li"Romero,

That HP editorial is a load of crap. She is one of the most leftist premiers in Canada. A lot of people talk about the Heritage fund that Lougheed created(and which he also took from), but people don`t talk about the Sustainability Fund that Klein created. All big infrastructure projects/capital spending were supposed to come from that account. The era of deficits for major projects was over. Redford totally reversed the fiscally responsible trajectory that Klein put us on. My son and I will be paying for her fiscal malfeasance for a long time.

She's not one of the most leftist premiers in Canada. Redford kept oil royalties too low while demanding wage freezes and less spending on education and health care. Giving more money to wealthy corporations and taking it from teachers and doctors is right-wing, not left-wing.

The Sustainability Fund is a left-wing idea. It's been used to fund government programs.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"She's not one of the most leftist premiers in Canada. Redford kept oil royalties too low while demanding wage freezes and less spending on education and health care. Giving more money to wealthy corporations and taking it from teachers and doctors is right-wing, not left-wing.

The Sustainability Fund is a left-wing idea. It's been used to fund government programs.

Wrong, government spending increased by 7.6% under her watch which is more than double the rate of inflation. Resource revenue is up 6.7%. She repealed the Fiscal Responsibility Act and the Government Accountability Act. While revenue increased under her watch it was not enough to keep up with her profligate spending she inflicted on the people of this province. The province was declared debt-free in 2005 by Klein and she has done everything to erase his fiscally responsible legacy. She is definitely one of the most leftist premiers in Canada and she has total contempt for taxpayers. She was chosen as leader of the party by selling memberships to people who would never have though about a PC membership.

Anonymous

I would still prefer Allison Redford to the 11 year economic train wreck of McGuinty and Wynn.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "seoulbro"I would still prefer Allison Redford to the 11 year economic train wreck of McGuinty and Wynn.

god what a terrible choice to make......i would prefer Putin to any of those.... :ugeek:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"
Quote from: "seoulbro"I would still prefer Allison Redford to the 11 year economic train wreck of McGuinty and Wynn.

god what a terrible choice to make......i would prefer Putin to any of those.... :ugeek:

Hello Obvious Li, I was expecting a lot of happy faces when I got to work today..

But, many are worried the next premier will be worse than Allison Redford and could allow Danielle Smith to become the next leader of Alberta..

My union representative believes Allison Redford would have listened more to the AUPE as we got closer to the next election.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Hello Obvious Li, I was expecting a lot of happy faces when I got to work today..

But, many are worried the next premier will be worse than Allison Redford and could allow Danielle Smith to become the next leader of Alberta..

My union representative believes Allison Redford would have listened more to the AUPE as we got closer to the next election.

well i don't live in Alberta any more but i still consider it home....i won't argue politics with you..everyone has the right to choose their own destiny.......however,i would feel a great sense of joy if Smith and the Wildrose party do become government after the next election.....these crooks have just been in power too long...............way too long

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

well i don't live in Alberta any more but i still consider it home....i won't argue politics with you..everyone has the right to choose their own destiny.......however,i would feel a great sense of joy if Smith and the Wildrose party do become government after the next election.....these crooks have just been in power too long...............way too long

You are most likely right Obvious Li, but I still don't plan on voting in the next election.