The best topic

Replies: 10547
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 04, 2024, 10:46:23 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

You Folks Ever Think About how Much Time ya have Left

Started by Anonymous, July 15, 2022, 08:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Blurt

carpe diem

Seize the day, Hermie. Hell! Seize every hour!

Never miss an opportunity to tell your loved ones--and say it loud--just how much you love them and how much they mean to you.

Go walk in the fields under a blue sky. Taste the air as though you're tasting it for the very first time. Do this every day.

Above all, trust the universe! The universe means us no harm; it's both our cradle and our grave, and that's not only how things are, but it's how they should be.

As Shakespeare once wrote, "there's nothing good or bad except our thinking makes it so." So maybe try to look at things, to look at your life, from a different angle.

We are beautiful creatures, we are. But, yes, we are both fragile and finite. And this makes our life more poignant and our death more meaningful. And vice versa.

Whatever it is you're going through, Herm, you're not going through it alone.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Frood

Quote from: "The Treasurer" post_id=465301 time=1658174967 user_id=3382
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=465249 time=1658160618 user_id=114
I am nominally Catholic. I have watched videos about NDE's. It's fascinating even if some of their stories are fake.

99% of the ones I've read tell of a positive experience, but there were a few where the "dead" person recalled a feeling of dread and terror.  But yes, I'm 100% positive there are those who make up vivid fiction just to see it posted in the NDE database.

https://www.nderf.org/">https://www.nderf.org/

I had NDE type experiences and astral stuff happen as a young child up until about 10 years old, and once again when I was 18 or 19 after years of nothing.

Most of it I would immediately not be able to remember any details.... just the mood of it. It was like I was prevented from storing it in my memories as I was repeating it out loud and awake trying to commit the details. I'd literally have 10-15 seconds from waking to memory wipe. The last time, I lost all English ability as I was trying to get it out to a family member in time. I was able to start in English but as soon as I was about to say the heavy stuff, it was like something flicked a switch and I got the distinct feeling that it was intentional and not by me.

But on a few occasions I remember a woman in these states telling me what my life had in store for me... I can recall that she was positive but stoic though I could not retain any of the details she said after waking. There is a whole other world or worlds on the other side and I suspect a series of protocols, limitations, and bans on certain exchanges of information or knowledge.

Why I've had these experiences is still beyond me but I get the feeling that our minds and souls have a dual OS... one runs in our perceived reality and the other in different realm/s.

Use of techniques and certain drugs however has shown limited success in accessing those realms from our realities.

Dunno....
Blahhhhhh...

Odinson

I was worried that my teeny weeny drinking problem might have fucked up my organs...

But turns out my liver is made of asbestos.

The values were elevated but went back to normal after I quit.

I drank copious amounts of vodka and beer a day.

The amount is inconceivable to people who aint from the vodka-block countries.

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=466240 time=1658521978 user_id=136
I was worried that my teeny weeny drinking problem might have fucked up my organs...

But turns out my liver is made of asbestos.

The values were elevated but went back to normal after I quit.

I drank copious amounts of vodka and beer a day.

The amount is inconceivable to people who aint from the vodka-block countries.

The human body is remarkably resilient!  That's why I laugh when people complain about catching a whiff of some second hand smoke...  It's like, you'll be OK and live to see another day!

Dove

My daughters boyfriends step mom went to the doctor a week ago due to back pain she had been dealing with for several months.

It turned out to be aggresive lung cancer and she sadly passed away a few days ago.  Just days after that diagnosis.

Leaving everyone shocked and heart broken. My daughter is devastated. She really got along well with the woman and of course her boyfriend is completely devastated.

We are going to her funeral this coming week. So sad. And scary. She was only 53.

And now my daughter is also kinda freaky about me and her dad wanting us to go to the doctor and be checked out for every cancer in existence.  

I made my oldest daughter my POA if the day comes where I cannot make my own decisions, my oldest will be the authority on what happens to me.  

If something happened to me where I'm on life support and it doesnt look good....like I wont make a good enough recovery to have a decent quality of life, I do not trust my husband to let me die.

Everyone....EVERYONE....should make sure their final wishes are known and prepared for.  I know none of us like to think about that sort of thing, but if we are younger and healthy accidents CAN and DO happen every single day. And if you have any opinions on how youd like to be treated or how you want it handled if you crash and need a full code it's best to get all that handled and made legal so you are prepared.

I've been part of a code team where we had to do a full code on an 82 year old woman with terminal cancer because her family didnt want to let her go and were waiting for God intervene.  We had to medically torture an old and suffering woman who did NOT want to be resussed so she could lay and shit on herself for another week before she died(and thank God the family decided to allow it during a come to Jesus meeting her doctor and our DON had with them).

Get someone involved legally to make your decisions for you who you trust will do the right thing by you. I've seen so much shit go down like this. I saw a 33 year old who was overdosed and actually died be resussed, brought to the hospital and go to intensive care where they found he had global brain damage so badly this poor guy is spending the rest of his life as a vegetable.  He cannot talk to anyone. He cant move on his own, his hands and legs are always contorted, he has no bowel control, and he isnt going to recover enough to have any quality of life.

Sure enough, his family thinks as long as is opening his eyes there is hope so he will continue to be a full code. He is probably 37 now and is just gonna be alive like that. His eyes were dead. He is alive and he opens his eyes....but there is no spirit in there. It's really sad and horrifying what can happen to people and no one ever thinks it's going to happen to them.

So whether or not we all think about how much time we may have left....its absolutely better to make sure whenever that time arrives we have our ducks in a row and are ready for it. I have a peace with death. I'm not excited about dying....I don't plan on dying soon, but knowing I'm prepared for it makes me feel better and more at peace with it.  I dont think my daughters boyfriends step mother was thinking she only had days to live when she went in to get a back ache looked at. I hear she died well, though. That she had accepted it and went out of this world in peace.  I think about that more than wondering about how much time I have left.....I want to die well. Not scared or in pain or fighting it.  And I want the memory of my death to be good ones for my daughters.  I dont want to leave them traumatized and if they see me go bravely and peacefully it may help them come to terms with death and not see it as terrifying.

That's what I hope, at least.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Anonymous

Quote from: Blurt post_id=466048 time=1658378099 user_id=1974
carpe diem

Seize the day, Hermie. Hell! Seize every hour!

Never miss an opportunity to tell your loved ones--and say it loud--just how much you love them and how much they mean to you.

Go walk in the fields under a blue sky. Taste the air as though you're tasting it for the very first time. Do this every day.

Above all, trust the universe! The universe means us no harm; it's both our cradle and our grave, and that's not only how things are, but it's how they should be.

As Shakespeare once wrote, "there's nothing good or bad except our thinking makes it so." So maybe try to look at things, to look at your life, from a different angle.

We are beautiful creatures, we are. But, yes, we are both fragile and finite. And this makes our life more poignant and our death more meaningful. And vice versa.

Whatever it is you're going through, Herm, you're not going through it alone.

I got a million thoughts going through my head when I am sober. And I got to be sober until Tuesday. Maybe old Herman will read a little Shakespeare.

Anonymous

I want to be burnt up when I go.  I guess I should write it down.

Sorry to hear of your/your daughter's loss, Dove.

Anonymous

Quote from: Dove post_id=466263 time=1658528972 user_id=3266

Everyone....EVERYONE....should make sure their final wishes are known and prepared for.  I know none of us like to think about that sort of thing, but if we are younger and healthy accidents CAN and DO happen every single day. And if you have any opinions on how youd like to be treated or how you want it handled if you crash and need a full code it's best to get all that handled and made legal so you are prepared.

I got everything sorted out here quite a few year ago.

Garraty_47

Quote from: "The Treasurer" post_id=466309 time=1658537509 user_id=3382

Same, but only because nobody seems at all interested in actually following through with having me mulched.

I swear there's just no sense of adventure in this family.

cw_

Quote from: Garraty_47 post_id=466319 time=1658538054 user_id=3381
Quote from: "The Treasurer" post_id=466309 time=1658537509 user_id=3382

Same, but only because nobody seems at all interested in actually following through with having me mulched.

I swear there's just no sense of adventure in this family.

Isn't everyone essentially mulch when they die, and inevitable mulch when they're alive?

Dove

Quote from: "The Treasurer" post_id=465301 time=1658174967 user_id=3382
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=465249 time=1658160618 user_id=114
I am nominally Catholic. I have watched videos about NDE's. It's fascinating even if some of their stories are fake.

99% of the ones I've read tell of a positive experience, but there were a few where the "dead" person recalled a feeling of dread and terror.  But yes, I'm 100% positive there are those who make up vivid fiction just to see it posted in the NDE database.

https://www.nderf.org/">https://www.nderf.org/

When I was in detox, I had a roommate who was also detoxing. I felt so bad for her because she lied to the nurse about her last use of heroin. Her thinking was she didnt want to feel ANY discomfort from withdrawal (which is impossible and unrealistic).

The problem with her lying was, if you take the detox meds(subutex) too soon, it will actually throw you into full blown withdrawal that cannot be stopped. Precipitated withdrawal. And its HELL.  I knew about this ahead of time because my husband told me when he dropped me off so I wouldnt end up doing that and being miserable.

So she took the meds way too soon and ended having a really bad few days. I spent a lot of time with her trying to help her.  She was SO sick and there was nothing anyone could do.

So we started talking about why we used, what made us decide we needed help.  She had told me that she had a very strong dose of heroin that likely had fentanyl in it, got into a fight and got beaten up and left outside. And overdosed.

So she tells me she ended up in a place that she believes was hell. She said it was terrifying, and she could hear all these people crying and screaming. And she wasnt religious or raised in any religious anything. But she said she knew where she was and said she knew she deserved to be there.  She went into how it was so bad and awful in ways that couldnt describe with words, and that she would rather lay there in precipitated withdrawal 100 times over than ever be back in that place again.

She had two daughters and one was an infant at the time. They were living with her mother as a foster situation, the state removed them from her.

We got pretty close and when we left that rehab, she went home and I went to another program (the 3 year one).  She relapsed and died a few years ago. :/  

I believed her about her experience and it wasnt something she was advertising or telling people, she was more embarrassed about it and didnt want people to think she was lying or crazy or that it was drug fueled delusion. She was adamant she was there.  

Mostly when people talk about their NDEs it's good things and happy things. We dont hear much from people who had a horrifying experience.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Blurt

Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

Quote from: Blurt post_id=466362 time=1658543875 user_id=1974
">

That movie a three out of five stars. That is all it deserves.

Biggie Smiles

Anonymous

Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=466374 time=1658546165 user_id=3214
you ok Herman?

Not really. Give me a minute and then check your messages.