The best topic

Replies: 8492
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:06:59 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Reinventing History

Started by KM, July 18, 2022, 06:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cw_

Quote from: Garraty_47 post_id=465346 time=1658188165 user_id=3381
"It's turtles all the way down." -Unknown

Turtle world, infinite regress and explanatory failure:

"The mythological idea of a turtle world is often used as an illustration of infinite regresses. An infinite regress is an infinite series of entities governed by a recursive principle that determines how each entity in the series depends on or is produced by its predecessor. The main interest in infinite regresses is due to their role in infinite regress arguments. An infinite regress argument is an argument against a theory based on the fact that this theory leads to an infinite regress. For such an argument to be successful, it has to demonstrate not just that the theory in question entails an infinite regress but also that this regress is vicious. There are different ways how a regress can be vicious. The idea of a turtle world exemplifies viciousness due to explanatory failure: it does not solve the problem it was formulated to solve. Instead, it assumes already in disguised form what it was supposed to explain. This is akin to the informal fallacy of begging the question. On one interpretation, the goal of positing the existence of a world turtle is to explain why the earth seems to be at rest instead of falling down: because it rests on the back of a giant turtle. In order to explain why the turtle itself is not in free fall, another even bigger turtle is posited and so on, resulting in a world that is turtles all the way down. Despite its shortcomings in clashing with modern physics and due to its ontological extravagance, this theory seems to be metaphysically possible assuming that space is infinite, thereby avoiding an outright contradiction. But it fails because it has to assume rather than explain at each step that there is another thing that is not falling. It does not explain why nothing at all is falling."  -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turtles_all_the_way_down">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turtles_all_the_way_down

Garraty_47

Quote from: "The Treasurer" post_id=465354 time=1658189241 user_id=3382
Flamers are jealous little girls.

Woooooosaaah <deep breath in, slow release>

No. Nope. Absolutely not.

No matter how many times y'all call that bullshit "flaming" you can not harsh my zen to the point of explosive reaction.

I'd be lying if I said it wasn't tempting, but...

...nyet. Huh-uh. Not going to happen.

Anonymous

Quote from: cw_ post_id=465355 time=1658189606 user_id=3226I'm not.  ;)

You also don't think that running people off forums is the goal of the game.  cun`T understood that too, and said as much.  Poofer wants to attack posters like old Herman until they stop posting so he eventually has only himself to talk to, at which point he'll probably retape the hole in his mattress and see if he can beat an 11 year old at marbles.

Anonymous

Quote from: Garraty_47 post_id=465358 time=1658190075 user_id=3381
Quote from: "The Treasurer" post_id=465354 time=1658189241 user_id=3382
Flamers are jealous little girls.

Woooooosaaah <deep breath in, slow release>

No. Nope. Absolutely not.

No matter how many times y'all call that bullshit "flaming" you can not harsh my zen to the point of explosive reaction.

I'd be lying if I said it wasn't tempting, but...

...nyet. Huh-uh. Not going to happen.

It's okay.  The scientific consensus is that the Poofer-Bot Model X needs to be rebooted and fine-tuned until it makes a minimum of 33% more sense and tells a minimum of 75% fewer falsehoods.  You'd only be supporting science.

Poppy

Blandscape is still one who speaks about the good ole days of call outs, so I am sure it's possible he may engage in a "flaming" match with anyone who still desires one of those

He spent over 3 weeks in a PM discussion with us, and I must say us because he was responding to at least four different characters from a video game and the conversation is over 2,000 words and can't be reposted here because of the low word limit BC has.

I sent the complete transcript to KM and told him to make a podcast where he reads the whole thing but he must still be working on it.

Blandscape honestly sounded disturbed in the PM's. It was like talking to a cartoon character.
I\'m Poppy!

Anonymous

Quote from: Poppy post_id=465364 time=1658192663 user_id=3287
Blandscape is still one who speaks about the good ole days of call outs, so I am sure it's possible he may engage in a "flaming" match with anyone who still desires one of those

He spent over 3 weeks in a PM discussion with us, and I must say us because he was responding to at least four different characters from a video game and the conversation is over 2,000 words and can't be reposted here because of the low word limit BC has.

I sent the complete transcript to KM and told him to make a podcast where he reads the whole thing but he must still be working on it.

Blandscape honestly sounded disturbed in the PM's. It was like talking to a cartoon character.

Our limit is ten thousand characters..

I think that's sufficient..

More than that and you can spread it out over two or more posts.

Poppy

The blandscape transcript is 10,122 words, it will cause this site to crash.
I\'m Poppy!

Anonymous

Quote from: Poppy post_id=465383 time=1658196796 user_id=3287
The blandscape transcript is 10,122 words, it will cause this site to crash.

Who wants to read that prog wanker's shit.

Poppy

Dovey and Flea read the transcript because it was PM'd to them, it was later posted in Meltdown at the BF forum. I

t's the most surreal thing  you will read in the "Community".
I\'m Poppy!

Anonymous

Quote from: Poppy post_id=465387 time=1658197122 user_id=3287
Dovey and Flea read the transcript because it was PM'd to them, it was later posted in Meltdown at the BF forum. I

t's the most surreal thing  you will read in the "Community".

I do not give two fucks. I don't care where it is posted I aint reading it.

Poppy

I think the worst stuff that happened in alt.flame was that you got a cascade in your name if you pissed off someone.

A guy from Hell Flame Wars had someone call his job and complain about how he was "flaming" all day and not working and he could have been fired for that, but then again it could have been a troll

Never received a pizza at Brawl Hall, the most Evil Blood did was make me a "you are owned by Evil Blood" certificate and he wanted me to print it out, frame it and hang it on the wall.

That LOLcaust german msn paint cartoonist liked me and actually created a holiday cartoon for me and its in the BH archives but when you click it the wayback machine did not save it.
I\'m Poppy!

Poppy

Herman is not a Blandscape fan.
I\'m Poppy!

Anonymous

Quote from: Poppy post_id=465391 time=1658197572 user_id=3287
Herman is not a Blandscape fan.

He is a pretentious wanker who looks down on folks like me that do blue collar work.

Erica Mena

I see the top tier comment hit a nerve.

Don't hate me, Poofer! :laugh:
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=465395 time=1658198126 user_id=2845
I see the top tier comment hit a nerve.

Don't hate me, Poofer! :laugh:

Did you actually read all that?  I just skim Poofer posts like nutritional information or the backs of TP bags when I forget my phone on the can.