Last post: Today at 03:49:33 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Dove

A

In Flea's Trap-No Drunken Ukes Allowed

Started by Anonymous, June 01, 2022, 01:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "The Treasurer" post_id=466247 time=1658523575 user_id=3382
It still ranks as the best non-text contribution I've ever had the pleasure of listening to, and you were doing flame podcasts (when the portmanteau was relevant) ahead of their time, albeit in a much more streamlined package than the recent offerings (entertaining as they are).

To be the subject of something that took that much effort was not lost on me.

Others did not take well to being in the song spotlight, however...

I still remember balking at the Distorted Views chart topper being dumpstered, an error, if I recall, that was corrected soon after.

Ahhh, that was practically assured though. Danger and Doomsday were all about giving that 21 Flame Salute to rival site owner Ruthless1 under the auspices of his being a flaming giant. Really it was just to rub the Flame4Cash rank and file's noses in it, there being an intense and abiding antipathy between the two site's and not even ladr's warning that BH were leaving themselves open to a similar state of affairs could stop the BH site owners from sticking the knife in.

Howard and I bashed that track out in about 4 hours using the cheesiest equipment imaginable. I tried singing my part straight at first, but couldn't quite get the Eddie Cochrane gravel going. So for shits and giggles I did the teenager going through puberty take which you heard. Totally off the wall, especially when it came to the anal sex coda. Ernie would have smiled. Katie and Terry.... not so much. Well hell... people who live in glass houses should draw the blinds before removing their trousers (as Spike Milligan once remarked). If Danger and Doomsday had truly believed in honouring the fallen through flame, it wouldn't have been an issue, but it clearly was and I knpw Howard and I weren't the only ones getting a chuckle out of the heavy handed reaction.

Yours took a little longer, I spent 80 minutes alone constructing the gruntfest sequence following the line "lets her johns all bugger me" before I was happy with the result and ideally I ought have worked a little harder on my vocal take overall. I've still got the session takes for it and if I'm feeling froggy I might try a better mix of it sometime, but probably not before I finish wrestling with my Dopeman songflame. That's going to require the sorts of effort I put into the podcasts you mentioned... and those were punishing. Four minutes to hear, over six hours to produce, most of it slicing out breaths and pauses.

Above all, it was fun to do, and all the more so when it was received in the spirit it was attempted.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview