Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

How gaming streams ought to be done...

Started by Garraty_47, July 21, 2022, 09:13:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garraty_47

Friendly fire on? Check

Insulting each other? Check

Gutter humor? Check

Having lots of fun? Check check and check.

If Poppy's streams were like this I'd Subscribe in a heartbeat.

">

Oliver Clotheshoffe

Those are the best kind of games, the ones where you don't care if you get killed or get a high score you just play it to laugh and have a good time with your friends.
Life is too short to be in a hurry

Anonymous

Quote from: "Oliver Clotheshoffe" post_id=466146 time=1658448614 user_id=3349
Those are the best kind of games, the ones where you don't care if you get killed or get a high score you just play it to laugh and have a good time with your friends.

That's how it was with Left 4 Dead 2.  Awesome co-op game, but if you joined the public lobby, the community got toxic real fast.

Garraty_47

The guild I was with in the original GuildWars used either Ventrillo or TeamSpeak, I can't recall which anymore, and the banter was often even better than playing the game itself; that includes during nekkid Alliance Battles.

Some of the same folk established a guild in GW2 when it was released but now I think there's only one other person who's logged in more recently than a year ago.

It's almost enough to give someone a sad.

KM

Poppy's videos aren't toxic. They're actually quite funny.

The sad reality is, toxicity sells.

Action Man only got huge because he was toxic. It's not because he's good at gaming. Same for Ninja, actually. Ninja was extremely toxic before he blew up and now he's paying the price for all the shit he pulled a couple years ago when he was getting kids banned. He put his tracker on private and now there's rumors he's been hacking the entire time so his stats are worthless. So instead of Epic allowing their biggest creator to do the shit he used to cry about others doing, they just deleted his account and made him get a new one without the hacks.

I find it funny when there's always a big money lan none of the biggest streamers ever take part in them. Why? Because they're hacking.

Fortnite has become the wasteland of all the CoD gimps who were hacking until they got banned now that they took building out. Earlier today with the new update they're finally installed a Cronus identify hack wipe. A lobby of 88 at the time dropped to 23 and then the list of ban hammer dimwits suddenly appeared. I thought it was funny until the next game 20 more idiots were banned.

This is in pubs. Do you really need to cheat in a game that's actually fun to play? Why wouldn't you cheat when you can hone that Cronus to 100% headshots, wall hacks, and higher jumps during a lan when 95% of all money tourneys are off your home console? Just plug the shit in the second the bus starts?

I'd rather deal with some schmuck telling he how he raped my mother then deal with hackers who suck the fun out of games. But, I don't think Epic or activision should ban them, either. Just make their skin a fucking tampon so the ppl who don't cheat know what they're up against.
https://i.postimg.cc/y6gBFGdL/A89-FA05-C-1505-4346-BF4-E-6-B8-F04-BE1824.jpg\">