News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 7375
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 04:46:53 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

Down the rabbit hole of software updates...

Started by Garraty_47, July 25, 2022, 05:14:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garraty_47

...haven't gotten much sleep but at least everything (I think) that has an update got the update.

I'd almost forgotten I even installed Discord so it's almost like finding a new prog, too. Yay!

Anonymous

Quote from: Garraty_47 post_id=466648 time=1658740483 user_id=3381
...haven't gotten much sleep but at least everything (I think) that has an update got the update.

I'd almost forgotten I even installed Discord so it's almost like finding a new prog, too. Yay!

You took the time to get it over with until next time.

Garraty_47

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=466654 time=1658745381 user_id=3254
Quote from: Garraty_47 post_id=466648 time=1658740483 user_id=3381

You took the time to get it over with until next time.

Several progz (that often also happen to be the ones I use most) either update automatically or prompt me to do it when there's an update available so it's easy to overlook checking for the rest. I try not to let too much time go by without doing a full sweep though. Even for seldom-used progz it might only require actually running them and they'll check/update themselves; there really aren't that many that have to be sorted entirely by going to their respective web sites and peeping the current version number.

cw_

I have discord.  There were 2 whole people on my channel.  3 if you include me.  So, a rousing success!  ; )

Garraty_47

Quote from: cw_ post_id=466673 time=1658760389 user_id=3226
I have discord.  There were 2 whole people on my channel.  3 if you include me.  So, a rousing success!  ; )

I don't have a channel; I installed it because the 'Worst Premade Ever' gang have one and I'd been enjoying their YouTube clips.

...then keep forgetting to visit their Discord.

Wanna make it 4 (including you) people on your channel?

I'd be honored to add your channel and then forget for months at a time to actually visit.

LoL

cw_

I would but all 3 of us forgot to actually visit a long time ago.

Garraty_47

Quote from: cw_ post_id=466690 time=1658762419 user_id=3226
I would but all 3 of us forgot to actually visit a long time ago.

:good2:

Erica Mena

Speaking of updates...

Is it just me or do Apple updates do something to the IPhone battery?
<t></t>