The best topic

Replies: 8373
Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 29, 2024, 10:59:57 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Dove

It's my gut instinct for over 40 years that things will get really bad in my lifetime...

Started by Frood, August 09, 2022, 06:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frood

I remember counting down the hands of a Catholic school Seth Thomas wall clock in first or second grade.

I only cared at the time about how long I might live so I counted out the hours in the day, days in the year, and numerical years which I couldn't fathom beyond 2010.

It was just too astronomical and blew my mind.

So now I'm here in 2022... and it still blows my mind.

But all through my life, there's been a foreboding of dark shit to come.

It's in my gut....

....the instinct. Plenty of people will tell me that I'm mental though.

I just listen to my gut.

I'm beginning to see real evidence that my gut has been right lately. I'm seeing an almost intentional breakdown of food and supply chains, fuel, water, heat, but above that....real information.

They call me the crow... nearly anywhere I go....

Haw! HaW!
Blahhhhhh...

Lokmar

I definitely believe the world is on the edge of a shit storm. My foreboding comes from seeing how authoritarian and corrupt my government has become along with prophecy I've read in the Bible. I dont believe God will let us off the hook since we went from the worlds shining beacon to the spreader of amorality and corruption. America is evil and rotten to the core and should be destroyed.

Anonymous

I don't know what the future of the world will be like..

I just live my life one day at a time.

Frood

Quote from: Lokmar post_id=469796 time=1660051824 user_id=3351
I definitely believe the world is on the edge of a shit storm. My foreboding comes from seeing how authoritarian and corrupt my government has become along with prophecy I've read in the Bible. I dont believe God will let us off the hook since we went from the worlds shining beacon to the spreader of amorality and corruption. America is evil and rotten to the core and should be destroyed.

It's always been rotten to the core.... the degree just varies by decade. But I too believe that it's fall of Rome stuff....and the rest of the world will breath a sigh of relief since there won't be anyone stopping them from going feudalistic....cause America did it the biggest.
Blahhhhhh...

Frood

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=469800 time=1660052416 user_id=3254
I don't know what the future of the world will be like..

I just live my life one day at a time.

Teach your children well.... or as best you can..

">
Blahhhhhh...

Rancidmilko

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=469760 time=1660041143 user_id=1676
I remember counting down the hands of a Catholic school Seth Thomas wall clock in first or second grade.

I only cared at the time about how long I might live so I counted out the hours in the day, days in the year, and numerical years which I couldn't fathom beyond 2010.

It was just too astronomical and blew my mind.

So now I'm here in 2022... and it still blows my mind.

But all through my life, there's been a foreboding of dark shit to come.

It's in my gut....

....the instinct. Plenty of people will tell me that I'm mental though.

I just listen to my gut.

I'm beginning to see real evidence that my gut has been right lately. I'm seeing an almost intentional breakdown of food and supply chains, fuel, water, heat, but above that....real information.

They call me the crow... nearly anywhere I go....

Haw! HaW!

I have exactly the same kind of feelings.
There\'s always a bigger fish.

Oliver Clotheshoffe

I never felt this way under Trump. In fact I felt quite the opposite. Everything was going great, I was optimistic and looking forward to the future and woke up every day ready for new opportunities. Now it feels like a dark cloud is descending upon the world and everyone will suffer because of it. I went to a Christian school as a child and I'm honestly beginning to believe the end times may be starting.
Life is too short to be in a hurry

Anonymous

I'm not as pessimistic as some people here. I believe North Americans will grow weary of top down left wing extremism. Eventually common sense will prevail.

Oerdin

If we can get out the WEF worshipping leftists who want to destroy capitalism, free markets, and even the idea of freedom then we can recover.  We will have to strictly limit the federal government's powers and deregulated much of the economy but it can be done.

Anonymous

Quote from: Oerdin post_id=469973 time=1660146512 user_id=3374
If we can get out the WEF worshipping leftists who want to destroy capitalism, free markets, and even the idea of freedom then we can recover.  We will have to strictly limit the federal government's powers and deregulated much of the economy but it can be done.

To do that, in Canada, we will have to end the employer-employee relationship between the Liberal party and the media. In the US, you have to make sure the elections are transparent. I think we have an easier task than our Southern neighbours.

Odinson

The world has seen a lot worse... Still here.

Stay calm... Remain positive.