The best topic

Replies: 8373
Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 29, 2024, 10:59:57 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Dove

Like it or not, crude oil is the biggest reason for Canada’s prosperity

Started by Anonymous, January 04, 2020, 09:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 13 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"At least the oil is bio degradable.

Oil is organic and settles on the ocean floor....plastic bags and bottles do not.

kiebers

Oil consuming microbes were discovered during the BP disaster in the gulf. They got rid of a lot of the oil.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "kiebers"At least the oil is bio degradable.

Oil is organic and settles on the ocean floor....plastic bags and bottles do not.

It's ridiculous comparing an oil spill to dumping garbage in the oceans.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Gaon"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "caskur"Oil is used to make plastic.

Plastic is/can be a scourge.

And single use plastic is terrorizing the planet.

Not from North America it isn't..

And what are single use plastic bags?

What working family doesn't find many uses for plastic grocery bags.

That is true. All the plastics in the oceans come from about ten rivers and they are all in Africa, Asia or South America.

I believe the main culprit is Indonesia.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Oil is used in countless ways such as the manufacturing of most everything we use that we can't live without: some drugs, fake fur, cell phones, and a host of others. Oil is vital. We cannot dismiss it.

"Petroleum is used widely in health care—primarily as a transport fuel and feedstock for pharmaceuticals, plastics, and medical supplies—and few substitutes for it are available. ... Modern medicine relies on petroleum, particularly to transport patients, staff, and supplies, and to manufacture supplies and pharmaceuticals."
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

I disagree with caskur's premise that single use plastics are "terrorizing the planet."

Plastics from Canada do not end up in oceans..

Besides, in my house we use them many times, not just once and throw them away.

caskur

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"

Oil is used in countless ways such as the manufacturing of most everything we use that we can't live without: some drugs, fake fur, cell phones, and a host of others. Oil is vital. We cannot dismiss it.

"Petroleum is used widely in health care—primarily as a transport fuel and feedstock for pharmaceuticals, plastics, and medical supplies—and few substitutes for it are available. ... Modern medicine relies on petroleum, particularly to transport patients, staff, and supplies, and to manufacture supplies and pharmaceuticals."

I'm not disputing we need oil however we should return to using recyclable glass for milk and drinks. EVERYTHING has been put in plastic bow. It's replaced tins, glass bottles, glass jars to our detriment. If we don't curb the use of plastic, we're finished as a human race but not before we knock off the globes wildlife.

Plastic replaced wool and cotton and silk. Your washing ends up in our oceans.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"

I'm not disputing we need oil however we should return to using recyclable glass for milk and drinks. EVERYTHING has been put in plastic bow. It's replaced tins, glass bottles, glass jars to our detriment. If we don't curb the use of plastic, we're finished as a human race but not before we knock off the globes wildlife.

Plastic replaced wool and cotton and silk. Your washing ends up in our oceans.

We use recyclable plastic for drinks and cartons for milk.

Anonymous

caskur, don't you have a plastic and aluminum can return in Western Australia?

Many seniors supplement their incomes returning plastic and aluminum for recycling.

caskur

Yes, we send our rubbish like recyclable plastic offshore to China and/or Indonesia who don't want the rubbish anymore.

We should be recycling our own rubbish.

This isn't acceptable under any circumstances... If you think we should make a problem for someone else to deal with, then you're not thinking right. You're not thinking globally.

">
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"Yes, we send our rubbish like recyclable plastic offshore to China and/or Indonesia who don't want the rubbish anymore.

We should be recycling our own rubbish.

This isn't acceptable under any circumstances... If you think we should make a problem for someone else to deal with, then you're not thinking right. You're not thinking globally.

">

Plastic bottle and cans, jugs of detergent, and so on have a return fee on them ranging from ten to twenty five cents..

It's rare to those things on the ground here.

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

Does anyone know what the situation of this is today? The market was just in the dumps today.
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Does anyone know what the situation of this is today? The market was just in the dumps today.

The markets were up twenty percent over straight gain days. Part of it was profit taking and the other part was Kentucky Rep Thomas Massie playing procedural games in the congress over the stimulus bill. The losses by the end of the day than at the beginning.

Herman

Canada's oil production is expected to increase by more than 120% by 2050. Justine and that faggot Guilbeault will try and stop that.

It's believed that Canada has enough oil to last more than 180 years if it continues at its current rate of consumption.