Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

New Forum

Started by caskur, August 17, 2022, 08:10:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dove

Quote from: Herman post_id=473341 time=1661571288 user_id=1689
Is there going to be a Flea Trap at SG?

I'm gonna say yes.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Anonymous

Quote from: Dove post_id=473412 time=1661613387 user_id=3266
Quote from: Herman post_id=473341 time=1661571288 user_id=1689
Is there going to be a Flea Trap at SG?

I'm gonna say yes.

Biggie is going to try and merge our database with SG.

Dove

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=473414 time=1661613692 user_id=3254

I'm gonna say yes.

Yep  ac_drinks
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Anonymous

Quote from: Dove post_id=473417 time=1661614222 user_id=3266

Yep  ac_drinks

I told him to hold off a few days, everything seems good to go now if he can do it.

sasquatch

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=471366 time=1660739993 user_id=3254
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=471364 time=1660739332 user_id=114
Good luck with that. He will need it. Very few new forums survive anymore. Didn't KM start a forum about a year or so ago? I believe you joined it caskur. How long did it last? Was it even two months?

King Martini keeps trying to revive flame boards and it never works.

That is because the world and the internet as an entirity has changed. At one point they had their use(entertainment, mostly), but then something else comes along and makes it irrelevent. The problem with flaming in 2022 is simply "what place does it have in the current decade?". Stuff that used to be an insult or a parody of somebody back in 2006 is now an untouchable guru that will run afoul of hate speech laws in a lot of countries, and people are just not going to give enough of a shit to come up with something while trying to avoid legal landmines to keep themselves entertained.

KM will eventually have to accept that fact and move on. Its like trying to make the telegraph a source of communication again. yeah it was relevent in its day and just a cool novelty to look at in modern day, but nobody is going to sit down and use one when they can text the same thing from their cell phone. that is how flaming is today.

Anonymous

Quote from: sasquatch post_id=474092 time=1662240474 user_id=3246

That is because the world and the internet as an entirity has changed. At one point they had their use(entertainment, mostly), but then something else comes along and makes it irrelevent. The problem with flaming in 2022 is simply "what place does it have in the current decade?". Stuff that used to be an insult or a parody of somebody back in 2006 is now an untouchable guru that will run afoul of hate speech laws in a lot of countries, and people are just not going to give enough of a shit to come up with something while trying to avoid legal landmines to keep themselves entertained.

KM will eventually have to accept that fact and move on. Its like trying to make the telegraph a source of communication again. yeah it was relevent in its day and just a cool novelty to look at in modern day, but nobody is going to sit down and use one when they can text the same thing from their cell phone. that is how flaming is today.

Hello sasquatch.....you're right.

Oerdin

I'm gonna say yes.

At least the threads might be saved for prosperity.

@realAzhyaAryola

I considered a forum of my own but invite only family. However, after observing the dynamics in my family both on the maternal side and the paternal side, some of these people cannot stand each other and want nothing to do with each other so it will make that forum a very lonely one. I can invite close family friends to join too but I think this ship has sailed for me.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

I'm gonna say yes.

Oh, I see. Very good to know. I was wondering what would happen to all the content here.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: @realAzhyaAryola post_id=474153 time=1662339567 user_id=73

Oh, I see. Very good to know. I was wondering what would happen to all the content here.

Let's hope he can do it.

Anonymous

Quote from: @realAzhyaAryola post_id=474152 time=1662339508 user_id=73
I considered a forum of my own but invite only family. However, after observing the dynamics in my family both on the maternal side and the paternal side, some of these people cannot stand each other and want nothing to do with each other so it will make that forum a very lonely one. I can invite close family friends to join too but I think this ship has sailed for me.

That's an interesting idea Azhya.

Anonymous

That's not enough to sway him from his schtick, I think that's pretty safe to say. It's the formula he's comfortable with and as long as it gets a reaction, he's gonna roll it out at will.

When I took my sabbatical from actively contributing to FT (around the time of Paypal's Manifest Observable Behavior shenanigans with Sargon) it wasn't even a fortnight before KM was podcasting about getting me on as a guest. All bullshit of course, he and I have never communicated off the boards, but he ran with it anyway. And I imagine there were a few people who were prepared to lend it credence the half a dozen times or so that he floated it on his podcasts. Restarting Flametown is another facet of this; I doubt even he believes it can be done, but it doesn't need to be if the promise of it being in the works maintains interest.

And here we are, giving the act legs by contributing keystrokes to the discussion. KM would make a great politician on unfulfilled promises alone, as long as we maintain his relevance thusly, he gets the reaction that keeps him coming back. It isn't about him accepting the legitimacy of restarting flaming, only that his braggadocio gets hits.

Anonymous

Quote from: UoT post_id=475449 time=1664002761

That's not enough to sway him from his schtick, I think that's pretty safe to say. It's the formula he's comfortable with and as long as it gets a reaction, he's gonna roll it out at will.

When I took my sabbatical from actively contributing to FT (around the time of Paypal's Manifest Observable Behavior shenanigans with Sargon) it wasn't even a fortnight before KM was podcasting about getting me on as a guest. All bullshit of course, he and I have never communicated off the boards, but he ran with it anyway. And I imagine there were a few people who were prepared to lend it credence the half a dozen times or so that he floated it on his podcasts. Restarting Flametown is another facet of this; I doubt even he believes it can be done, but it doesn't need to be if the promise of it being in the works maintains interest.

And here we are, giving the act legs by contributing keystrokes to the discussion. KM would make a great politician on unfulfilled promises alone, as long as we maintain his relevance thusly, he gets the reaction that keeps him coming back. It isn't about him accepting the legitimacy of restarting flaming, only that his braggadocio gets hits.

:laugh: