Erica Mena

I appreciate everyone's input. They say it takes a village
<t></t>

Frood

Quote from: cw_ post_id=476508 time=1665509801 user_id=3226
Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=476501 time=1665494771 user_id=2845

I appreciate you!

As you should.

As owner your responsibility is to the hosts TOS.  This is why I suggested you find a favourable one.  They vary widely between and within different countries.  

Rancid and Dinky are currently posting in The Blue Cashew.

ac_biggrin

Are we digital lepers or something?
Blahhhhhh...

cw_

I prefer the term upper forum dweller.

Dove

Quote from: UoT post_id=476442 time=1665353513
Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=476425 time=1665334427 user_id=2845
I know you like your politics. I also know you're a valuable asset to any forum. I'm leaving things the way they are.

I only enjoy political discussion if it is exactly that - discussion. Simply slagging off supporters of a competing ideology for its own sake gets old pretty fast, but that seems to be the only level of effort too many people put into it nowadays. I stand by my assertion though; I don't believe you took over this forum just so you could turn it into a ghost town, not when you might simply have not offered to keep it running and achieve the same effect for a whole lot less effort. Hence my analysis, make of it what you will.

You should anyway. Take for instance the suggestion to turn off guest posting to rid yourself of one... ONE troublemaker. You're not even guaranteed of it working, as the chug in question is perfectly capable of registering now that Fash and kiebers are no longer gatekeeping access. Okay, it opens the door to the same-o same-o leftie "cancel him" cries getting vurped up with impunity but again, you are promoting a situation where you would be wiping out contributors faster than you could replace them. I sure wouldn't hurry my ass off to the registration page and I doubt I'm the only one in that regard. Far better to bump the offending posts into the miscellaneous derailment thread - it's worked in that capacity previously and I find myself questioning the motives of anyone who would recommend the locking down of site functionality in its stead. Perhaps even encouraging Eddie's worst efforts at getting you to nuke your own site piece by piece.

Just my grossly overpriced two cents worth of course, this is your toy and you should expect to run it as you see fit. I have to figure though that with ten years on the clock, the previous owners were clearly doing something right. If it were me, I'd be adopting a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality if I cared enough to keep it going.

The ONLY people I could actually have a good discussion with regarding politcs?  I already agree with.

The rest have just decided anyone slightly right of Stalin is a dummy dumb Trumptard alt right extremist and any hope of any sort of rational exchange of ideas is dead.

It sucks. No point really unless we enjoy preaching to the choir....which I admit I do enjoy that on occasion lol.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Dove

Quote from: cw_ post_id=476557 time=1665584931 user_id=3226
I prefer the term upper forum dweller.

I'm usually slithering around in the basement like a socially awkward mutant shitting on people I view as below me.

I'll try to do better though.  ac_blush

cw_

Dove

Quote from: cw_ post_id=476571 time=1665600787 user_id=3226
">

:43(2):

Anonymous

Quote from: cw_ post_id=476509 time=1665511498 user_id=3226
Cronos has done a splendid job of looking after The Blue Cashew in the past.

Aint no argument from me.

Rancidmilko

There\'s always a bigger fish.

Anonymous

Quote from: Dove post_id=476562 time=1665591666 user_id=3266
Quote from: UoT post_id=476442 time=1665353513

I only enjoy political discussion if it is exactly that - discussion. Simply slagging off supporters of a competing ideology for its own sake gets old pretty fast, but that seems to be the only level of effort too many people put into it nowadays. I stand by my assertion though; I don't believe you took over this forum just so you could turn it into a ghost town, not when you might simply have not offered to keep it running and achieve the same effect for a whole lot less effort. Hence my analysis, make of it what you will.

You should anyway. Take for instance the suggestion to turn off guest posting to rid yourself of one... ONE troublemaker. You're not even guaranteed of it working, as the chug in question is perfectly capable of registering now that Fash and kiebers are no longer gatekeeping access. Okay, it opens the door to the same-o same-o leftie "cancel him" cries getting vurped up with impunity but again, you are promoting a situation where you would be wiping out contributors faster than you could replace them. I sure wouldn't hurry my ass off to the registration page and I doubt I'm the only one in that regard. Far better to bump the offending posts into the miscellaneous derailment thread - it's worked in that capacity previously and I find myself questioning the motives of anyone who would recommend the locking down of site functionality in its stead. Perhaps even encouraging Eddie's worst efforts at getting you to nuke your own site piece by piece.

Just my grossly overpriced two cents worth of course, this is your toy and you should expect to run it as you see fit. I have to figure though that with ten years on the clock, the previous owners were clearly doing something right. If it were me, I'd be adopting a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality if I cared enough to keep it going.

The ONLY people I could actually have a good discussion with regarding politcs?  I already agree with.

The rest have just decided anyone slightly right of Stalin is a dummy dumb Trumptard alt right extremist and any hope of any sort of rational exchange of ideas is dead.

It sucks. No point really unless we enjoy preaching to the choir....which I admit I do enjoy that on occasion lol.

You'd be surprised. The Treasurer and I used to have some pretty in depth discussion back when he first landed at Brawl Hall 20 years ago, and we were (and as far as I can tell still are) from different parts of the political spectrum. Our policital bias has changed over the years, mine in no small part to some of the discussions I've since had with Dinky Di, who is another person I've enjoyed political discourse with over the years. Ceedub and I are similarly from opposite sides of the political spectrum for all the common ground we share. And Erica and I had some reasonably indepth discussions around 2016 which, while I doubt we affected each other's perspectives, were at least conducted with a level of respect for the other's point of view, whether it tallied with our own or not.

That's the real key to it though - allowing the other people in the discussion the right to differ. It's very easy to devolve into attacking one another over their differences (and no only in the political) just as it is to moon over one another for any perceived confirmation bias. I'd rather bother with the approach of understanding why a person thinks the way they do because nearly always I find their reasons differ from my own. And I like the sharing of those differences due to the mutually beneficial results they can sometimes bring. Above all it's taught me that while they and I might differ in our opinions. it doesn't necessarily mean they are Bad People.

More recently I tangled with Scouse on the subject of politics. For the amount of people all to willing to write him off as a white supremacist, I was pleasantly surprised with some of the aspects of his world views. Views I'd never have encountered had I left it to others to dictate my terms of reference. It's all valuable in my opinion and I appreciate the effort taken in the free and frank exchange of ideas on a variety of topics, something that would have cast me as a liberal back in the day, but now would have your average leftie (and some righties) foaming at the gills for daring to consider ideas that were not their own.

Dove

Well I actually include Bonesaw and Vitty into that pool of people I mostly agree with.

Obviously we differ on a few major issues but we agree on how the establishment and all their propaganda is destroying the country and our freedoms so that is all I need to view them as my people.

I think when you have reasonable people who are genuine in their stances and are coming from a place where they genuinely care about the issue and that's mutually recognized....its easier to have some civil discourse. Today most all disagreements are taken in bad faith. And many ARE bad faith.

I take the unpopular stance that Scouse is not actually a white supremacist. He IS a white nationalist and there are differences and some nuances here that it seems people are either too lazy to notice or they just dont care. He isnt American at all. I think that's hard for Americans to fully grasp that at one time Scouses country was homogeneous and their had their own culture and traditions and he is opposed to those things being lost to globalism. I dont view that as hateful.  

Japan does this. They shut down their borders and they dont allow their homogeneous country to be over run with foreign cultures.  No one accuses them of supremacist or racism.

I DO want to debate Scouse about the holocaust though. Respectful and friendly of course. I just havent had the energy or will to get locked into any sort of debates or discussions on the internet lately.....I'm kinda resting right now lol.

Anonymous

American industry made bank off the back of the holocaust. Most people aren't aware of just how profitable some found the US's neutral status, or how much blood was on the hands of those who would later install themselves as the leaders of that nation.

Erica Mena

Dovey, have you ever thought about why God would allow so many to endure what the Jews did? Do you think it might have something to do with their denial of Jesus Christ?
<t></t>

Anonymous

Maybe He is antisemitic. I mean we are talking about the dude who put it into Abraham's head to run about slicing the tips of boys cocks after all.

And people bitch about Jeffrey dahmer, sheesh...

Dove

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=476994 time=1665931194 user_id=2845
Dovey, have you ever thought about why God would allow so many to endure what the Jews did? Do you think it might have something to do with their denial of Jesus Christ?

Weeeeelllll I really wanna be careful here lol.

If you study the old testament, you see a pattern of God blessing them as His chosen people, to them turning away from God and being handed over to slavery and oppression....for hundreds of years until they turn back to God.  So on.

We are under the new covenant though.

Look what God allowed the apostles to go through. And what God in flesh endured. We shouldnt always see pain and suffering as some curse from God. It's always through pain and suffering that God brings everything good....freedom, liberty, peace.  

You know the saying that hard times make good, strong men who bring in good times....and good times bring in weak and bad men who bring hard times?  Humans really do best under hard times. Look at the west. People have enjoyed so much liberty and prosperity that we are manufacturing dragons to slay and bringing hard times upon us.

Jesus promised us tribulation and suffering in this realm....and unimaginable peace and blessing in the next. I'm not going to even pretend to understand the things God allowed jews to endure. It's an interesting topic these days though and as I look into it I'll share what I dig up lol.