Replies: 8416
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Are you a good person?

Started by Erica Mena, October 14, 2022, 07:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erica Mena

I sincerely try to be. I have a good heart.
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=476820 time=1665790541 user_id=2845

I got enemies. They don't think old Herman is good. My friends and family do. That is all that matters.

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=476829 time=1665797698

I got enemies. They don't think old Herman is good. My friends and family do. That is all that matters.

Well said.  No one is liked by everyone nor all of the time.. and who would want to be?  That sounds like a lot of work.

I care about the right things and the right people.

Frood

I think I am sometimes but often question my motives.

I'm a deeply flawed individual who wants to do his best in a world of shit....

So I ask "what's in it for me?" when I feel the compulsion to be better than I think or know I am. ie... what unresolved or unrealised personal motivations would drive me to paint a good picture versus a neutral or bad one, or on some occasions but not others?

I really have no answer for this.

It's a struggle and I realise it probably won't find solace in any one clear direction while my heart still beats.

Being comfortable... SCRATCH THAT--- being accepting of my flaws or where they nudge me while I try to critique them is a gift I savour.

...like an old F-100 Ford pick-up truck which keeps chugging along with just a little bit of regular maintenance, yet will never be a show-stopper on the strip...

I guess forgiveness ranks high in my actions, but that may well be a selfish trait of mine.
Blahhhhhh...

Dove

What defines "good"?

I use Gods holy standard to define good. So......no, I'm not a good person at all.

By flawed human standards I'm not so bad - depending who you ask. I've hurt some people deeply during my existence.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Odinson

I´ve acted like a villainous dirtbag before.

Sometimes its more convenient.

Oliver Clotheshoffe

I like to think so but I've done some bad stuff in my life which I still regret... I try to help people to make up for it. I could do more but you gotta look after yourself first.
Life is too short to be in a hurry

JOE

No.....at least compared to some others.

Cuz Some guy in my country ran for and raised millions for cancer research:

">

I had cancer in the right knee as a child just like him but survived. So did my leg.

But Terry died unfortunately.

He was a much better person than me. He looked like a Saint & was one. I was not an angel like him but I got to live. And I didnt raise millions or save future lives like Terry did.

Life isnt fair, eh.

Thanks God. Too bad ya couldn't save Terry as well.

When I think about him I realize how lucky I was. I'm grateful that I gotta 2nd chance in life.

....So you know the saying goes...Only the Good die Young, Erica.

">

weebles

That is a hard question to answer I guess it is how others perceive you.

Anonymous

I try not to think in terms of good or bad, but in terms of wholeness.

Dove

Quote from: UoT post_id=476974 time=1665921533
I try not to think in terms of good or bad, but in terms of wholeness.

That's a good way to look at it. "Good" or "bad"kinda flow from how broken or fractured a person is.

That's a more practical way to judge oneself as well.

Erica Mena

Quote from: Dove post_id=476887 time=1665860128 user_id=3266
What defines "good"?

I use Gods holy standard to define good. So......no, I'm not a good person at all.

By flawed human standards I'm not so bad - depending who you ask. I've hurt some people deeply during my existence.

Me too. Many won't agree but I'd be miserable as shit without God in my life. I still have my issues, like with forgiveness. I'm still the type to cut someone off completely than forgive and deal with the issue. I think I'm a very good person, choosing not to let what I've been thru define me.
<t></t>

Dove

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=476991 time=1665930322 user_id=2845
Quote from: Dove post_id=476887 time=1665860128 user_id=3266
What defines "good"?

Me too. Many won't agree but I'd be miserable as shit without God in my life. I still have my issues, like with forgiveness. I'm still the type to cut someone off completely than forgive and deal with the issue. I think I'm a very good person, choosing not to let what I've been thru define me.

Forgiveness is challenging.  I think its important to understand that forgiveness doesnt always mean reconciliation or allowing the same person to continue damaging you.

Kinda like how I freely forgive a certain someone....but that doesnt mean I'll be friends with that someone again.

Unless the offending person acknowledges and understands the harm theyve done and they make genuine changes, it's better to avoid having to forgive the same person over and over again.  

I had done damage to some of my closest relationships while using drugs and I had to own that and show changes. That comes naturally when you are doing the work. I earned the trust and respect back from those whom i offended.

Sometimes the hardest person to forgive is ourselves....and that's just as important.  If Jesus forgives us, we ought to be able to forgive ourselves.

TheProwler

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=476991 time=1665930322 user_id=2845
I still have my issues, like with forgiveness. I'm still the type to cut someone off completely than forgive and deal with the issue.

This might be the time to make some progress in this area, flea.

Everyone is flawed.  They make mistakes.

Forgive, flea.

Be clear about your expectations for the future and move forward.

The Sisterhood depends on it.

weebles

I will tell you one thing life is hard and we all fuck up and make mistakes but, in the end, it is what we decide to become and learn from that make us truly grow from them.

">