News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8373
Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 29, 2024, 10:59:57 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Dove

A

Mel. I think I have the same heat problem in my Ranger that you had.

Started by Anonymous, October 20, 2022, 11:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Heat just just quit working while it was parked for a while. How much did you say it cost? Five hundred? I am leaving the VW parked until the spring and the truck is insured until the spring with good winter tires for going to the Okanagan. It would be dangerous in the winter without heat though. I'm bringing it in tomorrow.

Frood

Quote from: Vivek_Golikeri post_id=477764 time=1666325722
It is time to buy a yaris car.

Small fuel tank, small payload, and no space for Jerry cans....

That's a fail.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: Edward post_id=477760 time=1666323372
Heat just just quit working while it was parked for a while. How much did you say it cost? Five hundred? I am leaving the VW parked until the spring and the truck is insured until the spring with good winter tires for going to the Okanagan. It would be dangerous in the winter without heat though. I'm bringing it in tomorrow.

I never actually had that problem with my Ranger.  It was actually one of the most trouble free vehicles I've ever owned!

There could be a variety of reasons why heat won't blow, but the older style Rangers are very easy to work on and parts are generally never expensive.  I wouldn't expect a crazy bill no matter what the issue is.

But ya, I'd certainly have it addressed...  Having to constantly wipe the window clear of fog with a towel as you drive is a pain.  I've been there and done that!

Anonymous

I'll bring it in tomorrow and see what the score was. I thought it was you. Must've been somebody else. But yeah, the Ranger is pretty trouble free overall.

Anonymous

Quote from: Edward post_id=477767 time=1666327902
I'll bring it in tomorrow and see what the score was. I thought it was you. Must've been somebody else. But yeah, the Ranger is pretty trouble free overall.

Ya, or at least get it booked in now.  The Ford dealers here in the Koots have a ONE MONTH backlog for service appointments...  It's nuts.  Independent garages would probably be a better option.

Oerdin

I have owned two rangers over the years (both bought used) and one of them did have a problem with the fan (heater and AC did turn on but the fan wouldn't turn on).  The problem ended up being the switch which had to be replaced.

Anonymous

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview