Last post: Today at 09:49:11 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Fill up the tank at pump #420 !

Started by Oliver Clotheshoffe, October 19, 2022, 01:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliver Clotheshoffe

">
[/img]

Weed is coming to US gas stations. Circle K, the global convenience-store chain, signed a deal with Green Thumb Industries Inc., one of the largest US cannabis producers, to sell licensed marijuana at its Florida gasoline retailers. The partnership will begin next year with 10 of the company's 600 locations in the state, Green Thumb said.

The deal is a global first, given that legal marijuana has so far been sold only in stand-alone dispensaries in the US and within pharmacies in countries such as Uruguay and Germany. By selling marijuana, which is still illegal at the federal level, at gas stations where consumers buy staples like snacks and cigarettes, the partnership may help push the drug further into the mainstream.

The agreement will "continue to normalize" marijuana by integrating it with regular consumer products," Green Thumb Chief Executive Officer Ben Kovler said in an interview. "This is a futuristic deal."Financial terms between Chicago-based Green Thumb and Laval, Quebec-based Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc., which owns Circle K, weren't disclosed. Under the agreement, Green Thumb will lease space from Circle K locations.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2022/10/19/weed-is-coming-to-circle-k-gas-stations-in-us-next-year/">https://www.mercurynews.com/2022/10/19/ ... next-year/">https://www.mercurynews.com/2022/10/19/weed-is-coming-to-circle-k-gas-stations-in-us-next-year/
Life is too short to be in a hurry

Erica Mena

Right now, I go to Arco cuz it's cheaper.
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Oliver Clotheshoffe" post_id=477549 time=1666201249 user_id=3349
...Couche-Tard Inc...

No way, you made that name up.  ac_lmfao

Anonymous

Quote from: UoT post_id=477777 time=1666343049
Quote from: "Oliver Clotheshoffe" post_id=477549 time=1666201249 user_id=3349
...Couche-Tard Inc...

No way, you made that name up.  ac_lmfao

To be fair to the Quebecois, that would loosely translate into 'Night Owl Inc'...

Frood

I just paid 75 bucks for 30 litres of diesel... I'm going to need a Green Petrol Station just to get me through the separation anxiety between me and my money....
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=477859 time=1666413420 user_id=1676
I just paid 75 bucks for 30 litres of diesel... I'm going to need a Green Petrol Station just to get me through the separation anxiety between me and my money....

It's not much less here.  For some reason Diesel is still more expensive than gas.  I have some work lined up for the Kenworth next week, and the pump readout will spin like a fucking slot machine as I pump hundreds of dollars into the tank at the end of the day...

Breakfall

98 octane is back over $2.00 per litre. I just can't give my precious Betty the Buick that 10% ethanol substitute. I heard that it creates water in the system.

* Abstract: Ethanol is hygroscopic, gasoline is hydrophobic. Water contamination in fuel can cause engine non-starting and corrosion issues. Ten percent ethanol blends can hold small amounts of water in solution, above this level a phase separation of water and ethanol mix separates from the gasoline.

Anonymous

Quote from: Breakfall post_id=477869 time=1666414948 user_id=3358
98 octane is back over $2.00 per litre. I just can't give my precious Betty the Buick that 10% ethanol substitute. I heard that it creates water in the system.

* Abstract: Ethanol is hygroscopic, gasoline is hydrophobic. Water contamination in fuel can cause engine non-starting and corrosion issues. Ten percent ethanol blends can hold small amounts of water in solution, above this level a phase separation of water and ethanol mix separates from the gasoline.

Ethanol usually isn't a problem for modern cars, since all the materials in the fuel system are designed to handle it, and most vehicles are driven enough to regularly cycle through tanks of fuel.

In my small equipment though?  Ethanol won't touch those engines.  High test only for those!

Breakfall

Quote from: "Melvin Gibson" post_id=477872 time=1666415330
Quote from: Breakfall post_id=477869 time=1666414948 user_id=3358

Ethanol usually isn't a problem for modern cars, since all the materials in the fuel system are designed to handle it, and most vehicles are driven enough to regularly cycle through tanks of fuel.

In my small equipment though?  Ethanol won't touch those engines.  High test only for those!

I've used lower octane with ethanol when 98 or 95 was temporary unavailable...I could really feel a lack of power through the roundabouts and trying to hit 140kms on the highway.

I need to keep a bottle of refined acetone on hand as an additive.

Breakfall

@Dinky Dazza : works with Diesel engines too!

In a 10-gallon tank of gasoline, use two to three ounces of pure acetone to obtain excellent mileage improvements. In a ten-gallon tank of diesel fuel, use from 1 to 2 ounces of acetone. Performance went up too. Use about a teaspoon of acetone in the fuel tank of a lawnmower or snowblower.

Anonymous

Quote from: Breakfall post_id=477874 time=1666415764 user_id=3358
I've used lower octane with ethanol when 98 or 95 was temporary unavailable...I could really feel a lack of power through the roundabouts and trying to hit 140kms on the highway.

I need to keep a bottle of refined acetone on hand as an additive.

Ya, some engines need the higher octane.  The 5.0 Coyote in my F150 is generally happier with high test, which is usually what I run...  At 12:1 compression, that's a lot of compression!

Anonymous

Frood

Quote from: "Melvin Gibson" post_id=477862 time=1666413969
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=477859 time=1666413420 user_id=1676

It's not much less here.  For some reason Diesel is still more expensive than gas.  I have some work lined up for the Kenworth next week, and the pump readout will spin like a fucking slot machine as I pump hundreds of dollars into the tank at the end of the day...

I filled up a few weeks ago and only have 35-40k travel time combined each week but I'm on call every day and when I get my vehicle booked to replace a dodgy O2 sensor, have had to cancel at the last minute... so I'm only getting 12 litres per 100k and that should be closer to 9 litres.

I ordered in the part from a cut rate FoMoCo supplier for pennies on the dollar because someone crawled under my vehicle and said "easy peasy", but I rather carry what I ordered as a spare part and my Spanner set on board would make it a definitely long job.

When I asked a price from an auto chain, they quoted me 300-360 bucks. I got the part earlier for 78 bucks direct from a Ford service warehouse.

Anyway, I'm burning diesel at 75% and I don't have the window or gumption to investigate fixing it... so 75 bucks over a few weeks seems like a small hiccup.

No engine lights but a huge drop in torque..

I hope to get it done soon whenever a day presents itself, but I have the part and the tools and the gumption if pressed to do it for my fucking self....  :laugh:
Blahhhhhh...

Melson Gibson

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=477883 time=1666417947 user_id=1676
I filled up a few weeks ago and only have 35-40k travel time combined each week but I'm on call every day and when I get my vehicle booked to replace a dodgy O2 sensor, have had to cancel at the last minute... so I'm only getting 12 litres per 100k and that should be closer to 9 litres.

I ordered in the part from a cut rate FoMoCo supplier for pennies on the dollar because someone crawled under my vehicle and said "easy peasy", but I rather carry what I ordered as a spare part and my Spanner set on board would make it a definitely long job.

When I asked a price from an auto chain, they quoted me 300-360 bucks. I got the part earlier for 78 bucks direct from a Ford service warehouse.

Anyway, I'm burning diesel at 75% and I don't have the window or gumption to investigate fixing it... so 75 bucks over a few weeks seems like a small hiccup.

I hope to get it done soon whenever a day presents itself, but I have the part and the tools and the gumption if pressed to do it for my fucking self....  :laugh:

Never a time when there isn't a problem with modern engines/vehicles it seems...  Always some sensor or part needed, with the now accepted higher 'Covid logistical pricing' attached...

My Kenworth is almost 30 years old now.  I will NOT replace it with anything newer, ever.  I will rebuild whatever is needed until it's totally rotted and finished.  I will NOT own a new truck...  At that point, I'd be better off driving someone else's new piece of shit as a company driver.

I yearn for the days of simplicity, and my business model runs on my truck working when I need it to work.  This 28 year old truck is more reliable than the new ones are...

https://i.ibb.co/ZN9RFPb/Capture.png">

Frood

Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=477884 time=1666419125 user_id=3397
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=477883 time=1666417947 user_id=1676

Never a time when there isn't a problem with modern engines/vehicles it seems...  Always some sensor or part needed, with the now accepted higher 'Covid logistical pricing' attached...

My Kenworth is almost 30 years old now.  I will NOT replace it with anything newer, ever.  I will rebuild whatever is needed until it's totally rotted and finished.  I will NOT own a new truck...  At that point, I'd be better off driving someone else's new piece of shit as a company driver.

I yearn for the days of simplicity, and my business model runs on my truck working when I need it to work.  This 28 year old truck is more reliable than the new ones are...

https://i.ibb.co/ZN9RFPb/Capture.png">

I'm just glad I got a model which doesn't require Adblue.... fuck that fucking shit.
Blahhhhhh...