The best topic

Replies: 8392
Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 30, 2024, 10:21:37 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

We need well rounded liberals…

Started by Erica Mena, November 03, 2022, 12:51:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Garraty_47

Quote from: Dove post_id=479817 time=1667605582 user_id=3266
 I think it's funny how we both feel offended by the democrats being associated with our respective sides of the spectrum lol.

None of us want them  :laugh3:

No one in their righ... correct mind would. LoL

I appreciate the Democrats being left of us but right of you. That makes sense.  I've had such bad experiences with those who consider themselves "left" is kinda hard for me to think of you as a lefty.  If only they were all as easy to talk to but so many take everything in such bad faith.

You've all given me something to think about, particularly how I use words like "left" and "right" in a political context.

I suspect I've been doing it for convenience and there must be a more accurate way of phrasing this stuff.

I'll give it a thunk.

Garraty_47

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=479819 time=1667605717 user_id=2845
I wish I could take credit. He isn't here cuz if my charming self lol

Maybe you can't claim *all* the credit but you deserve at least some of it.

Give yourself... 15%?

You absolutely deserve 15% of the credit and an argument could be made for 17%.

Heh

DKG

@Garraty, I do not dispute that Trump had a checkered past. if the Politics sub was still around, you would have seen that I spent 2016 criticizing his nationalist policy agenda. And I really hope he does not get the GOP nomination.

His policies though were a breath of fresh air. They yielded better results for middle income Americans than the previous four presidents combined. I don't want Trump, but his policies are needed now more than ever.

Dove

Quote from: Garraty_47 post_id=479842 time=1667609609 user_id=3381
Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=479814 time=1667605140 user_id=3214
You see now you're sounding like a person who would support Trump

while far from perfect Trump was a hell of a lot better than the shitbags mentioned above and those running the establishment today

I could never vote for Trump or any other republican just as I could never vote for Biden or any other democrat.

In Trump's case, specifically, it's because he doesn't believe in anything except his own brand.

He's proudly ignorant and maliciously arrogant.

That might play well to certain audiences but it's a shit way to govern a nation.

He crawled into bed with theocrats, other authoritarians and anyone else he thought might be useful in the moment without a single thought to the long-term consequences (personally I believe that's due to him not being able to think very well in the first place). Before running for office he was always a sleazeball "businessman" and carnival sideshow barker. There were even rumors of using real estate to launder money from (ohh the irony) a russian oligarch.

That's who Trump was and still is.

Everything else is propaganda and partisan hatred.

Plenty of people only love Trump because the democrats and "libs" hate Trump and it would be funny if it didn't involve, like, the fucking executive branch of our government.

*sigh*

I don't want "marginally better than the *other* guy".

That's exactly the kind of shit people with no power and no expectation of ever having any will settle for.

One of these days a tipping point will be reached where enough people fully internalize that there's way more of us than there are of the professional managerial class and their masters put together and all we have to do is say: "No. I don't want to play your stupid game anymore" to bring the whole thing crashing down and I'm soooo looking forward to it.

Until then all this jackassy left/vs/right, red/vs/blue nonsense is just a way to pass the time.

I support many of the policies passed by the Trump administration .....except the covid response.

And by covid response I mean him going along with the lock downs and the vaccine thing. I disagree with operation warp speed and how fast it was pushed into the public and how there was so much dishonesty surrounding it. I wish he would have done more about the ACA but that whole thing is tough. It's impossible to get it out without seriously fucking a bunch of people more. BUT he got that fine removed.  No one should be punished or fined if they dont want to buy insurance.

Other than that, I felt Trump represented us far better than any other president I've seen in my lifetime.  Some of the stuff you said I disagree with - BUT I can see why you've drawn those conclusions, I just see some of it differently.

And the media really went at him and lied A LOT.  So that doesnt help anyone's public "imagine"....everytime he hit back at them they cried about how mean he was to the press.  

I watched every briefing. Every single one. And most of the reporters were so fucking frustrating I wanted to scream. You could totally tell they were not interested at ALL in reporting any facts but rather trying to led him into whatever narrative they wanted to push. Just by the bullshit questions they asked.

And the shit they ask Biden is such a joke.

It's never ever a good thing when the stupid media becomes a PR team for a certain politcal party.

I agree with the last point. I feel another party will form. A sort of unification of all of who are sick of being abused and watching our country be torn apart. So I hope at least.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Dove

Quote from: DKG post_id=479847 time=1667611987 user_id=3390
@Garraty, I do not dispute that Trump had a checkered past. if the Politics sub was still around, you would have seen that I spent 2016 criticizing his nationalist policy agenda. And I really hope he does not get the GOP nomination.

His policies though were a breath of fresh air. They yielded better results for middle income Americans than the previous four presidents combined. I don't want Trump, but his policies are needed now more than ever.

Agreed. There was such a massive difference for my family as well.

Dove

Quote from: Garraty_47 post_id=479843 time=1667609867 user_id=3381
 I think it's funny how we both feel offended by the democrats being associated with our respective sides of the spectrum lol.

None of us want them  :laugh3:

No one in their righ... correct mind would. LoL

I appreciate the Democrats being left of us but right of you. That makes sense.  I've had such bad experiences with those who consider themselves "left" is kinda hard for me to think of you as a lefty.  If only they were all as easy to talk to but so many take everything in such bad faith.

You've all given me something to think about, particularly how I use words like "left" and "right" in a political context.

I suspect I've been doing it for convenience and there must be a more accurate way of phrasing this stuff.

I'll give it a thunk.

I see what you did there lol

I like telling the crazy mean leftists that I'd rather be far right than far wrong lol

Herman

I agree with the Seoul brother. The MAGA agenda yes, but not Trump himself. I want DeSantis to get the nomination.

Garraty_47

Quote from: Dove post_id=479850 time=1667612738 user_id=3266
 I like telling the crazy mean leftists that I'd rather be far right than far wrong lol

I will concede this much in the whole left/vs/right thing...

I get into more and more heated arguments with democrats and "liberals" than other political persuasions.

The virtue-signalling and gaslighting from people who self-identify as democrats (especially the "vote blue no matter who" crowd) are way off the charts.

They're also the quickest to take offense, most likely to fall back on personal attacks as soon as they're proven wrong or even merely questioned, and they're well nigh impervious to logic or reason.

They seem to be so fundamentally certain that not only are they correct but they're the good guys fighting for truth and justice (definitions of those words vary depending on the day's talking points) which releases them from any obligation to treat their fellow humans with respect and empathy if those vile cretins won't stop struggling and succumb to the ways of Neoliberalism.

The biggest hurdle democrats have in getting people to vote for them is how those democrats and their apologists act toward the people they want voting for them.

lulz

Melson Gibson

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=479708 time=1667525295 user_id=3389
Blurt has had 2 or 3 forums in the last 10 years. They didn't last long. He quickly banned me from all of them.

Blurtski is a troubled soul.  He banned me from his forums also, before I even posted a single thing.  He lives with much unruhe...  Much struggle.  A man born into a world that isn't quite ready to accept him yet.  A man born into a body that he himself cannot accept.

A man pining for the days of his Mothers loving touch and gentle caress, to the point that he is attempting to become her very persona...  To emulate her...  Norman Blurts!

Dove

Quote from: Garraty_47 post_id=479863 time=1667614315 user_id=3381
Quote from: Dove post_id=479850 time=1667612738 user_id=3266

I will concede this much in the whole left/vs/right thing...

I get into more and more heated arguments with democrats and "liberals" than other political persuasions.

The virtue-signalling and gaslighting from people who self-identify as democrats (especially the "vote blue no matter who" crowd) are way off the charts.

They're also the quickest to take offense, most likely to fall back on personal attacks as soon as they're proven wrong or even merely questioned, and they're well nigh impervious to logic or reason.

They seem to be so fundamentally certain that not only are they correct but they're the good guys fighting for truth and justice (definitions of those words vary depending on the day's talking points) which releases them from any obligation to treat their fellow humans with respect and empathy if those vile cretins won't stop struggling and succumb to the ways of Neoliberalism.

The biggest hurdle democrats have in getting people to vote for them is how those democrats and their apologists act toward the people they want voting for them.

lulz

They are authoritarians. I hate to say that. Everytime I see a post from you criticizing dems I'm always waiting for you to get attacked by some of the ones on your friend list. And then I'd have to ignore it because you asked me not to fight on your page.

BUT if one gives you problems....just say the word lol.

And I've noticed that. That's why I call them the establishment cult authoritarians. Normal people who actually care about the country would want to persuade people, right?  Youd want to present your reasons and arguments in effort to get someone to see it from another angle and think about it in a way they maybe haven't, and perhaps win them over.

These people will go after your damn family. Call your job. I'm telling you.....they'd throw us in gulags.

I guess if theyve been groomed all these years to view their countrymen as facists (yet they cant define that clearly and they are fighting the fascist fight to punish dissent) they really do believe they are these hero good guys fighting against all is evil "literally Hitler" white supremacists.

Civil discourse is dead and that's why I have little hope. I do keep trying though. I'll argue with fuck heads just so any readers can see the opposition to something.  

You cant disagree with these people without them taking it to a ridiculous extreme that you must hate people, want people to die, hate black people, don't want people to have health care or anything.....its always bad faith and assuming the worst. And I'm convinced they hide behind that because they CANT interact with your points....so instead of thinking about it, they just make you the enemy.

I am sincerely surprised you havent been called a trumptard.  When we say some the SAME stuff I've seen you say....we get attacked.  Perhaps they know you are right but they still think it's better then us getting represented.

You described them so perfectly.

Shen Li

Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=479865 time=1667615324 user_id=3397
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=479708 time=1667525295 user_id=3389
Blurt has had 2 or 3 forums in the last 10 years. They didn't last long. He quickly banned me from all of them.

Blurtski is a troubled soul.  He banned me from his forums also, before I even posted a single thing.  He lives with much unruhe...  Much struggle.  A man born into a world that isn't quite ready to accept him yet.  A man born into a body that he himself cannot accept.

A man pining for the days of his Mothers loving touch and gentle caress, to the point that he is attempting to become her very persona...  To emulate her...  Norman Blurts!

I don't get it, but Blurt and his brother have high opinions of themselves. They are both bums. However, at least Blurt isn't full of it like his brother.

Garraty_47

Quote from: Dove post_id=479867 time=1667616189 user_id=3266
 I am sincerely surprised you havent been called a trumptard.

Oh I have, a number of times. LoL

Mostly on Facebook and Twitter and it's always a visceral reaction from some VBNMW bot to me criticizing the democrat party, a current democrat office-holder or a former office-holder like Obama.

The Hillary fans are especially toxic and unhinged... surprise surprise just like their hero. Muahaha

They treat disparaging a democrat or the party as a whole like calling their mother something extremely unkind.

It's *personal* to them.

They see themselves as literally one and the same as the party.

You can't insult the party without insulting them no matter how you phrase your critique.

In their minds the worst possible insult one person can use against another is calling them a "Trumper".

They've made Trump the avatar of everything they think is bad and wrong.

He is their nemesis, their ultimate foe, nothing and no one else comes close.

It truly is a derangement.

Shen Li

Quote from: Garraty_47 post_id=479882 time=1667621302 user_id=3381
Quote from: Dove post_id=479867 time=1667616189 user_id=3266
 I am sincerely surprised you havent been called a trumptard.

Oh I have, a number of times. LoL

Mostly on Facebook and Twitter and it's always a visceral reaction from some VBNMW bot to me criticizing the democrat party, a current democrat office-holder or a former office-holder like Obama.

The Hillary fans are especially toxic and unhinged... surprise surprise just like their hero. Muahaha

They treat disparaging a democrat or the party as a whole like calling their mother something extremely unkind.

It's *personal* to them.

They see themselves as literally one and the same as the party.

You can't insult the party without insulting them no matter how you phrase your critique.

In their minds the worst possible insult one person can use against another is calling them a "Trumper".

They've made Trump the avatar of everything they think is bad and wrong.

He is their nemesis, their ultimate foe, nothing and no one else comes close.

It truly is a derangement.

I read Hillarity had another basket of dpeplorables moment. She claimed voters don't "really understand" the dangers presented by Republicans. The condescension that comes out of Hillary Clinton is repugnant, and it completely embodies the entire elite attitude of much of the Democratic leadership.

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=479874 time=1667618143 user_id=3389
Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=479865 time=1667615324 user_id=3397

I don't get it, but Blurt and his brother have high opinions of themselves. They are both bums. However, at least Blurt isn't full of it like his brother.

That guy is a piece of shit. I never fucking liked him with his faux arrogance and fancy little two dollar words like he's a somebody when he's nothing but a common societal parasite just like the rest of them

Shen Li

Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=479886 time=1667622147 user_id=3214
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=479874 time=1667618143 user_id=3389

That guy is a piece of shit. I never fucking liked him with his faux arrogance and fancy little two dollar words like he's a somebody when he's nothing but a common societal parasite just like the rest of them

You're right Biggs. It's just that I've posted with him for so long that I overlook the fact he is a loser who looks down on others.

He is funny though, so he has that going for him.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview