The best topic

Replies: 8416
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Politics/Religion Consolidated Megathread Extravaganza

Started by Blazor, November 15, 2022, 12:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 8 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

deadskinmask

Quote from: Blazor post_id=482877 time=1668953125 user_id=2221
I much prefer knowing that I am here for a reason, and that Im not some lil piss ant hahaha.

fuckin hell right.... its like some ppl have a vested interest in living on a ball.... they watch those stupid nasa cartoons and when you point out shit to em they act like they can't see it.... i posted a picture of the 'original lunar lander' at VF and the head lunar-tics went rabid on me.... telling me it was fake as fuck. and nobody would believe for a minute that it was the real lander. and i should be ashamed for posting such a shabby and fraudulent picture claiming it as 'authentic'.... then i showed them the nasa.gov certification and they did backflips trying to explain how it was totally legitimate as a spacecraft and nothing suspicious about such a well crafted space-faring vessel....  :laugh:

Blazor

Quote from: deadskinmask post_id=482884 time=1668953990 user_id=1582
Quote from: Blazor post_id=482877 time=1668953125 user_id=2221
I much prefer knowing that I am here for a reason, and that Im not some lil piss ant hahaha.

fuckin hell right.... its like some ppl have a vested interest in living on a ball.... they watch those stupid nasa cartoons and when you point out shit to em they act like they can't see it.... i posted a picture of the 'original lunar lander' at VF and the head lunar-tics went rabid on me.... telling me it was fake as fuck. and nobody would believe for a minute that it was the real lander. and i should be ashamed for posting such a shabby and fraudulent picture claiming it as 'authentic'.... then i showed them the nasa.gov certification and they did backflips trying to explain how it was totally legitimate as a spacecraft and nothing suspicious about such a well crafted space-faring vessel....  :laugh:

"Lunar-tics"  :roll:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

DKG

Quote from: Dove post_id=482772 time=1668879059 user_id=3266
Quote from: DKG post_id=482767 time=1668877079 user_id=3390

I have been a traditional liberal since I entered university. I did not change, but the definition of liberalism did a 180.

I went through a lefty phase. And an atheist phase.

And I'm embarrassed of a lot the stuff I said while I was insane lol

I never had a phase like that. I have always believed that personal and economic freedom lifts people up.

Oerdin

I am younger than you and have better manners.  I am also smart enough to know I don't give a shit about your opinion or your current melt down. Piss off, half wit.

DKG

Quote from: Breakfall post_id=482851 time=1668920514 user_id=3358
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=482809 time=1668893468 user_id=3389

Dude, soaring property taxes is something every North American home owner cares about.

That's relevant. Not the constant democrat baiting that @Oerdin is so fond of. It got tired three years ago.

And as for relevant politics that we don't already read about through regular news channels...Oerdin has never given me enlightening information that has ever made a difference.

He's like an angsty child thinking that he actually makes a difference. Another fuckwit!

While we are on the subject, how do municipal governments in Australia generate revenue? Property taxes like we do in Canada and the US?

Dove

Quote from: deadskinmask post_id=482874 time=1668944600 user_id=1582
Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=482847 time=1668915452 user_id=3214Quite honestly, it makes no fucking difference if it's flat or a sphere

Quote from: Dove post_id=482850 time=1668919266 user_id=3266If its flat somehow......literally nothing changes. My response would be "really? No shit" and then life would just continue.

i don't think so.... first of all, imagine all that sweet reparation money from nasa.... and secondly, you wouldn't have to be concerned about the upcoming 'alien invasion'.... but thats okay.... its not really an issue.... Jesus can save you on a ball just as easily as he can save you on a disc.... good luck, woodchuck....

Those arent aliens, they are fallen angels.  I can talk about this one all day.

But we dont need the earth to be any sort of shape in order for any of the bible to be true.  And that's important. If there is conflict with something we believe about the creation and scripture...often times that error is in our understanding of the bible.

Like all the dooms day cults that form using Matthew 24. People who think the events in Matthew 24 are yet to come and we are gonna see stars falling from the sky. And nonbelievers who say Jesus was wrong about his predictions because they think He was saying the world was going to end in the days of the disciples, when He was predicting the end of Jerusalem and the temple.  That doesnt stop people like Harold Camping or David Koresh(?) and the like from creating full on doomsday cults. We can even put Joseph Smith (the mormon dude..I think its Joseph?) in that category as well. Preying upon a bad and false understanding of scripture ....and victims find out they were duped they reject the bible, because they still think that's what it taught.

I wouldnt say anything in the bible needs a round or flat earth. All that is said in scripture about any shape is in Isaiah and its said "circle of the earth". That is all that's offered on the topic. God didnt find this to be important for us, so that's my position on it.  As you pointed out...Jesus is still Jesus whether the earth is round or flat. And the bible is entirely about Christ.

There is a lot about creation itself in some parts and so far scripture has a pretty good record telling us things thousands of years before we discover them. Like vents/springs in the oceans. When blood clots. Like how the Hebrews were told to wash their hands in running water after handling the sick or injured when the common practice was washing in standing water in bowls....looonnnngg before humans knew about microbes.  But it's not the purpose of scripture to do that or be a science book.

In my experience if there is something unclear or confusing or seemingly "contradictory", it's an error in understanding of the text or it's something we havent discovered yet.  

And of course we live in a fallen world infected with sin and death with kingdoms and cultures ran and guided by the father of lies.

I wouldnt want flat eathers to find out they are wrong and lose their faith or belief in God, which is entirely possible for many who root their belief in things like that rather than in Christ Himself. I know that when the solar model of the universe became a thing, people actually turned from the bible....even though it never says we are in a geocentric universe.  It's sad to me when people reject the bible based on things the bible isnt even saying or teaching and then they dont want to investigate that or hear any correction. I just see it as a heart problem and they hated the bible anyway.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Dove

Quote from: DKG post_id=482906 time=1668959159 user_id=3390
Quote from: Dove post_id=482772 time=1668879059 user_id=3266

I went through a lefty phase. And an atheist phase.

And I'm embarrassed of a lot the stuff I said while I was insane lol

I never had a phase like that. I have always believed that personal and economic freedom lifts people up.

And people who really analyze their beliefs and set emotions aside typically end up agreeing.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

DKG

Quote from: Dove post_id=482914 time=1668960889 user_id=3266
Quote from: DKG post_id=482906 time=1668959159 user_id=3390

And people who really analyze their beliefs and set emotions aside typically end up agreeing.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Anonymous

First octegenarian in the white house.

:thumbup:  ac_drinks

Anonymous

Quote from: Knuckles post_id=482924 time=1668963996
First octegenarian in the white house.

:thumbup:  ac_drinks

Go make an appointment with a dermatologist Eddie.

Shen Li

Quote from: deadskinmask post_id=482820 time=1668895393 user_id=1582
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=482806 time=1668892846 user_id=3389BULLSEYE!! Idiots getting pissed off about something that has zero affect on their lives.

flat earth can be a 'hot button' topic.... like pineapple on pizza.... it has the ability to get ppl stirred up....  :laugh:

White people are fukt in the head.

deadskinmask

Quote from: Dove post_id=482913 time=1668960809 user_id=3266But we dont need the earth to be any sort of shape in order for any of the bible to be true.

thats so true and i agree 100%.... but i was born into a 'religous' family and i rejected it at an early age.... i gave up on God completely and i ran as wild as march hares for decades.... fortunately, God hadn't given up on me and He used flat earth to bring me back to the family.... i'm blessed to be witness to these dark times because the book of Revelation was my biggest obstacle as far as believing.... and also - yes.... aliens are absolutely fallen angels....

deadskinmask

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=482939 time=1668965748 user_id=3389
Quote from: deadskinmask post_id=482820 time=1668895393 user_id=1582

flat earth can be a 'hot button' topic.... like pineapple on pizza.... it has the ability to get ppl stirred up....  :laugh:

for believing they live on a big spinning ball racing through outer space? or for believing pineapple is acceptable on pizza? i don't believe either of those....  :laugh:

Shen Li

Quote from: deadskinmask post_id=482947 time=1668966194 user_id=1582
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=482939 time=1668965748 user_id=3389

for believing they live on a big spinning ball racing through outer space? or for believing pineapple is acceptable on pizza? i don't believe either of those....  :laugh:

You pasty-skinned fucks believe you have to make urselves poor to save the planet.