The best topic

Replies: 8392
Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 30, 2024, 10:21:37 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

Politics/Religion Consolidated Megathread Extravaganza

Started by Blazor, November 15, 2022, 12:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Breakfall

Quote from: DKG post_id=483091 time=1668992996 user_id=3390
Quote from: Breakfall post_id=483090 time=1668992835 user_id=3358

You're the taxpayer...plead your case and hopefully you'll get a tax break.

Your property prices are an absolute steal, and you lot shouldn't be complaining. Not everyone can afford to buy a house here in Oz.

House prices where I live are inflated. High interest rates will cause people to walk away from their mortgages.

That's exactly what I am hoping for here in Australia...it's been almost a three year wait. I refuse to pay overinflated prices on a house and property that I feel is worth a third of the asking price. It's a matter of principal not capital gains.

Oerdin

I would wager dears to donuts I am far better educated than your dumb ass.  Hell, I even display far better social skills than you.  Hopefully, you get bored and fuck off soon.

Oerdin

BTW notice how so many on the left are the most racist and homophobic?  This particular troon loves to threaten violence on women and journalists who cover his barbaric behavior.  Just listen to his racist and homophobic rants; the guy really troons out.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1594430891123564544">https://mobile.twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/st ... 1123564544">https://mobile.twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1594430891123564544

Breakfall

Quote from: Oerdin post_id=483099 time=1668993482 user_id=3374
I would wager dears to donuts I am far better educated than your dumb ass.  Hell, I even display far better social skills than you.  Hopefully, you get bored and fuck off soon.

I highly doubt that you have my degree sunshine. And I'm not prepared to go around in circles with you. You get to post your political tripe in a single thread now without having the ability to spam...and that sure as hell is good enough for me and others. Bis später fuckwit.

:howdy:

Oerdin

The discussion in the interview is top notch.  Listening to it is not only educational but it makes the tiny man Breakfail cry as well.  That is an added bonus.

">

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: deadskinmask post_id=483085 time=1668992536 user_id=1582
Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=483073 time=1668991739 user_id=3214He couldn't explain that religion would have an influence on govrenment without the use of these figurative visions?

not with the same amount of detail.... no, sir. i do not.... i think the concepts He revealed to John were so insanely foreign that it would be impossible for John to put it on paper.... like explaining to a fish what its like living on dry land....

You don't see it all as rather convienient to your argument that God must be speaking in figurative terms on rather simple concepts in revelation but then in literal terms when speaking about equally simple concepts in Isiah ?

I'm sorry my friend but in the absence of substantive evidence to support your personal opinions I must ask that you pick a lane and stay in it for the duration of our discussion

Either lane is fine by me

Tia

deadskinmask

Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=483118 time=1668994944 user_id=3214You don't see it all as rather convienient to your argument that God must be speaking in figurative terms on rather simple concepts in revelation but then in literal terms when speaking about equally simple concepts in Isiah ?

convenient? how is any point of view that can't be confirmed nor disproved simply 'convenient'.... i have no dog in this fight.... i don't stand to gain anything.... we're just exchanging ideas that cannot be validated either way.... as for Revelation, God didn't 'tell' him these things.... He showed him.... i don't feel any sense of cognitive dissonance in believing that what God SAID is not figurative and what God SHOWED to John is not literal.... its not even remotely the same.... man, if you're comfortable with your beliefs, i'm tickled fuckin pink for you.... i'm not gonna try to punch no holes in it.... i think its up to each individual to carve out their own interpretation of what God said.... theres too much at stake to rely on someone else to do it.... i'm not trying to fight you over scripture....

Oerdin

Ahh, breaky is crying again.  That means he needs another video.

">

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: deadskinmask post_id=483128 time=1668996230 user_id=1582
Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=483118 time=1668994944 user_id=3214You don't see it all as rather convienient to your argument that God must be speaking in figurative terms on rather simple concepts in revelation but then in literal terms when speaking about equally simple concepts in Isiah ?

convenient? how is any point of view that can't be confirmed nor disproved simply 'convenient'.... i have no dog in this fight.... i don't stand to gain anything.... we're just exchanging ideas that cannot be validated either way.... as for Revelation, God didn't 'tell' him these things.... He showed him.... i don't feel any sense of cognitive dissonance in believing that what God SAID is not figurative and what God SHOWED to John is not literal.... its not even remotely the same.... man, if you're comfortable with your beliefs, i'm tickled fuckin pink for you.... i'm not gonna try to punch no holes in it.... i think its up to each individual to carve out their own interpretation of what God said.... theres too much at stake to rely on someone else to do it.... i'm not trying to fight you over scripture....

Of course of course. But brings us back to or original discussion. Why, on a matter so trivial to the bigger and much more important things going on around us, would NASA/Our governments invest such time and energy to convince us on something that is untrue when the actual truth wouldn't make much of a difference anyway

I can understand, why, if the moon landing was indeed a hoax, that would be a ROI to our government as we were in the middle of a cold war and ultimately seeking to make the Russians bankrupt themselves trying to keep up.

But this? there isn't anything in it for anybody in the seats of power

Change my mind.

Breakfall

Fucking hell...I don't buy into all this transgender crap @Oerdim. It seems to be an American hype. We don't mention all that shit here, so it doesn't get the air time. Much like racism...don't mention it all the time and it won't get the attention. Simples...  :001_rolleyes:

deadskinmask

Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=483137 time=1668997078 user_id=3214Change my mind.

these ppl are luciferian.... i mean down to the bone.... and i think that they genuinely believe that they can either defeat God when He decides to put an end to this and/or corrupt and destroy everything to the point that God gives all of us up to satan.... lets say that it was an absolute certain and 100% verifiable fact that the earth was flat as fuck.... it would be just about impossible not to accept that we are created and loved children of God.... we certainly would not believe we came from a random explosion.... we definitely wouldn't believe that we evolved from fish/monkey hybrids.... and we would know beyond a doubt that 'aliens' are not coming to rescue us.... but if they can sell you the 'ball', they can potentially sell you all the bells and whistles eventually.... tide pods will straight up kill a bitch but you don't see endless propaganda telling you don't eat a tide pod.... but say 'the earth is flat' and see how many motherfuckers come out of the trees.... its a cornerstone for what they plan to do....

Oerdin

Every time Breakfail whines a new video gets posted.

">

Dove

Quote from: Breakfall post_id=483032 time=1668980434 user_id=3358
Quote from: deadskinmask post_id=483029 time=1668979781 user_id=1582

look, partner.... i don't believe for a minute that God dictated scripture using idioms or figures of speech.... He didn't casually 'turn a phrase'.... i believe He said what He meant and He meant what He said.... if you wanna play fast and loose with scripture, have at it.... but i choose not to.... i believe He used visions to convey Revelation because i don't think John would be able to understand otherwise....

You mean "she" DSM. Humanities blueprint as such is of womankind, not mankind. Men were an evolutionary adaptation. Like the laying of a chicken egg outside of a hen...but I digress.

If there was a God...she would be female, naturally.

:howdy:

If there is a God.....this Being is well beyond male or female.

God is neither male nor female. But both male and female are expression of the image of God. Designed to make one flesh and create life.

Dont think small like that....like if God exists, He has to be confirmed to our finite and limited understandings. God is where male and female were made where male and female didnt exist.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Dove

Quote from: deadskinmask post_id=483029 time=1668979781 user_id=1582
Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=483026 time=1668979383 user_id=3214

You realize there is a distinct difference between seeing something literally and seeing something figuratively ? Yes?

look, partner.... i don't believe for a minute that God dictated scripture using idioms or figures of speech.... He didn't casually 'turn a phrase'.... i believe He said what He meant and He meant what He said.... if you wanna play fast and loose with scripture, have at it.... but i choose not to.... i do however believe He used visions to convey Revelation because i don't think John would be able to understand otherwise....

There are a lot of idioms and figures of speech exclusive to Hebrew in scripture.

Remember God was using an ancient writer and audience so He would communicate in a way they understood. And He knew we would have the tools today to learn it.

In modern English we have our own figures of speech and things that other cultures would struggle to understand. Ancient Hebrew is no different.

When I endeavored on study of the word of God, I got Hebrew and Kione Greek lexicons and 5 different English translations. I also sought help from messianic Jews. And I dont think that I've even scratched the surface. There are just layers and layers. Scripture always interprets scripture.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.