The best topic

Replies: 10480
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:01:32 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

Politics/Religion Consolidated Megathread Extravaganza

Started by Blazor, November 15, 2022, 12:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 15 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Oerdin

Almost every the WEF pushes is pure evil.  

">

Herman

Wyoming Republicans propose scrapping electric vehicles by 2035

https://www.theblaze.com/news/wyoming-republicans-propose-scrapping-electric-vehicles-by-2035?utm_source=theblaze-7DayTrendingTest&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=The%20Blaze%20PM%20Trending%202023-01-17&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%207%20Day%20Engagement">https://www.theblaze.com/news/wyoming-r ... Engagement">https://www.theblaze.com/news/wyoming-republicans-propose-scrapping-electric-vehicles-by-2035?utm_source=theblaze-7DayTrendingTest&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=The%20Blaze%20PM%20Trending%202023-01-17&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%207%20Day%20Engagement

Rather than rely on foreign and possibly hostile sources to power potentially unreliable vehicles, the lawmakers suggested that Wyoming motorists should take advantage of the state's natural bounty.

The Wyoming State Geological Survey revealed in 2021 that the state ranked eighth nationally in crude oil production and ninth for natural gas production, producing over 85 million barrels of crude and over 1.37 billion MCF (MCF = one thousand cubic feet) that year.

Besides the alleged positives of Wyomingites sticking with the combustion engine, the bill highlighted at least one problem with the electric alternative that may concern environmentalists: "The critical minerals used in electric batteries are not easily recyclable or disposable, meaning that municipal landfills in Wyoming and elsewhere will be required to develop practices to dispose of these minerals in a safe and responsible manner."

For these reasons, the Republican lawmakers adopted the language of other anti-gas-car bills, but swapped in EVs as that which they seek to eliminate.

The bill concludes by saying, "Phasing out the sale of new electric vehicles in Wyoming by 2035 will ensure the stability of Wyoming's oil and gas industry and will help preserve the country's critical minerals for vital purposes."

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=491655 time=1674009867 user_id=3396

The bill concludes by saying, "Phasing out the sale of new electric vehicles in Wyoming by 2035 will ensure the stability of Wyoming's oil and gas industry and will help preserve the country's critical minerals for vital purposes."

And the quiet part that isn't mentioned? I'll give you a hint and tell you to look at the thumbnail for the video that Oerdin posted immediately above you.

Don't get me wrong, the reason given for getting EV's off the road in a place like Wyoming is perfectly valid. EV batteries are absolutely a source of pollution, at both the mining stage and at their inevitable disposal, as well as requiring a ton of energy to keep them rolling. That energy has to be sourced from somewhere, and yes... you can use solar or wind, but only if you are prepared to wait about for the better part of a week to charge the fucking things. Fossil fuels and nuclear power are better bets to get the required amperage in a hurry, and that means the pollution is being expressed in emissions elsewhere. A typical EV is around 1/6th as efficient as an internal combustion engine too.

The "what do you do in the absence of a charging station" becomes an issue for the Unicorn Fart brigade in a place like Wyoming... and here we get to quite part; what would Wyoming car owners do in a place like California where gas stations are a distant memory???

I see tribalism in these policies. People will out of necessity need to curtail their travel aspirations because of government regulation. Which, if you check your WEF handbooks is pretty much what those assholes have already mapped out for us all.

Frood

Lithium batteries die in the cold... it's a non event for Wyoming to reject them. They have to be operated well above 0 c.

That's not going to ever happen in Wyoming during the Fall, Winter, and early Spring months...
Blahhhhhh...

DKG

https://www.theblaze.com/news/wyoming-republicans-propose-scrapping-electric-vehicles-by-2035?utm_source=theblaze-7DayTrendingTest&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=The%20Blaze%20PM%20Trending%202023-01-17&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%207%20Day%20Engagement">https://www.theblaze.com/news/wyoming-r ... Engagement">https://www.theblaze.com/news/wyoming-republicans-propose-scrapping-electric-vehicles-by-2035?utm_source=theblaze-7DayTrendingTest&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=The%20Blaze%20PM%20Trending%202023-01-17&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%207%20Day%20Engagement

Rather than rely on foreign and possibly hostile sources to power potentially unreliable vehicles, the lawmakers suggested that Wyoming motorists should take advantage of the state's natural bounty.

The Wyoming State Geological Survey revealed in 2021 that the state ranked eighth nationally in crude oil production and ninth for natural gas production, producing over 85 million barrels of crude and over 1.37 billion MCF (MCF = one thousand cubic feet) that year.

Besides the alleged positives of Wyomingites sticking with the combustion engine, the bill highlighted at least one problem with the electric alternative that may concern environmentalists: "The critical minerals used in electric batteries are not easily recyclable or disposable, meaning that municipal landfills in Wyoming and elsewhere will be required to develop practices to dispose of these minerals in a safe and responsible manner."

For these reasons, the Republican lawmakers adopted the language of other anti-gas-car bills, but swapped in EVs as that which they seek to eliminate.

This is a political stunt, but so is banning ICE vehicles.

Oerdin

There is a huge problem with electric vehicles in cold climates.

Herman

Quote from: Guest post_id=491679 time=1674028929

And the quiet part that isn't mentioned? I'll give you a hint and tell you to look at the thumbnail for the video that Oerdin posted immediately above you.

Don't get me wrong, the reason given for getting EV's off the road in a place like Wyoming is perfectly valid. EV batteries are absolutely a source of pollution, at both the mining stage and at their inevitable disposal, as well as requiring a ton of energy to keep them rolling. That energy has to be sourced from somewhere, and yes... you can use solar or wind, but only if you are prepared to wait about for the better part of a week to charge the fucking things. Fossil fuels and nuclear power are better bets to get the required amperage in a hurry, and that means the pollution is being expressed in emissions elsewhere. A typical EV is around 1/6th as efficient as an internal combustion engine too.

The "what do you do in the absence of a charging station" becomes an issue for the Unicorn Fart brigade in a place like Wyoming... and here we get to quite part; what would Wyoming car owners do in a place like California where gas stations are a distant memory???

I see tribalism in these policies. People will out of necessity need to curtail their travel aspirations because of government regulation. Which, if you check your WEF handbooks is pretty much what those assholes have already mapped out for us all.

I don't believe electric vehicles or internal combustion engine vehicles will be banned anywhere in North America. It is all political theater bullshit.

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=491744 time=1674079313 user_id=3396
Quote from: Guest post_id=491679 time=1674028929

I don't believe electric vehicles or internal combustion engine vehicles will be banned anywhere in North America. It is all political theater bullshit.

Well I guess we'll see. Hopefully you'll be right in thinking it won't happen, because it sure is a better outcome for all concerned.

I will reiterate though, there is a movement afoot interested in curtailing freedom of movement for the masses under the guise of "muh climate change". They enjoy significant support on both sides of the aisle for measures precisely of the type being discussed here as a stepping stone to that end.

If I'm right, then it will all be done and dusted and there won't be a damn thing any of us can do about it. I sincerely hope I am in error.

Herman

Quote from: Guest post_id=491748 time=1674082627
Quote from: Herman post_id=491744 time=1674079313 user_id=3396

I will reiterate though, there is a movement afoot interested in curtailing freedom of movement for the masses under the guise of "muh climate change". They enjoy significant support on both sides of the aisle for measures precisely of the type being discussed here as a stepping stone to that end.

But, prog money will not give up their private jets. And working folks will not give up vehicles.

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=491751 time=1674085029 user_id=3396
Quote from: Guest post_id=491748 time=1674082627

But, prog money will not give up their private jets. And working folks will not give up vehicles.

Workers can hold on to their vehicles, its not going to do them any good if they can't refuel/recharge them.

That's what I'm getting at. California wouldn't bother keeping gas pumps supplied any more than Wyoming would bother to roll out a bunch of recharge stations. Not if certain types of vehicles are banned in a particular area.

Herman

Quote from: Guest post_id=491765 time=1674095010
Quote from: Herman post_id=491751 time=1674085029 user_id=3396

Workers can hold on to their vehicles, its not going to do them any good if they can't refuel/recharge them.

That's what I'm getting at. California wouldn't bother keeping gas pumps supplied any more than Wyoming would bother to roll out a bunch of recharge stations. Not if certain types of vehicles are banned in a particular area.

Like I said, I don't think it will get that far. Seven dollar a gallon gas had the democRATs shitting bricks ahead of the midterms. That is the good thing about the US-federal elections every two years.

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=491767 time=1674095257 user_id=3396

Like I said, I don't think it will get that far.  

Like I said, I hope you're right.

DKG

Quote from: Herman post_id=491767 time=1674095257 user_id=3396

Like I said, I don't think it will get that far. Seven dollar a gallon gas had the democRATs shitting bricks ahead of the midterms. That is the good thing about the US-federal elections every two years.

I could see California going ahead with this. I could see Canada going ahead wirh this. Neither jurisdiction really has to worry about being fired in the next election. Yes Canadians, the Lib-NDP coalition is nearly as permanent as the Dems in California.

DKG

Biden is having something of a bad week at work. Following the discovery of 10 classified documents at his old office, Biden's private mansion in Delaware is now at the center of another classified breach. A number of sensitive documents have reportedly been unearthed in the president's garage of all places, alongside his prized Corvette.

Anonymous

Quote from: DKG post_id=491820 time=1674131550 user_id=3390
Biden is having something of a bad week at work. Following the discovery of 10 classified documents at his old office, Biden's private mansion in Delaware is now at the center of another classified breach. A number of sensitive documents have reportedly been unearthed in the president's garage of all places, alongside his prized Corvette.

Yeah, been hearing reports about that via independent aggregators for over a week about that, I believe there's been three separate discoveries, with at least one report mentioning Hunter Biden's name in connection with it. Seems he was renting the place off his old man at nearly 50k a month which has raised a few eyebrows for obvious reasons. General consensus is that Biden senior is about to be shuffled off to the side whether he likes it or not, likely being told there's no way in hell he gets to run a second time and potentially not even being allowed to serve out his existing term.

It's been suggested he might even now be getting told "forget a second term - you either announce you aren't running in 2024 or we'll make sure you aren't on the ticket". This is speculation of course, but it does seem to hold water, given there's over half a dozen things the doddering old  twit could be impeached for at this point and enough in-party discontent to make it stick. And if Biden does step down, the resulting shit-show will be used as a springboard for sowing dissent about a second Trump run, a kind of "our guy stepped down, he knows he was too old to look after America popular, so why doesn't Trump step aside as well.... does he love America less maybe" or similar argument.

A second Trump run really scares the shit out of them, so I can see them pushing such a line. It doesn't even need to be successful, they only need to give the appearance that it was, opening the way to a messy primary for the Don, then fiddling the numbers in 2024 in another "free and fair election". Either way. Even if Trump were to get in, there will be enough shit on the table to excuse another 4 years of "evil Orange Trumpy poo-poo" antics to excuse more of the same violence witnessed in 2016~2020.