The best topic

Replies: 7375
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 04:46:53 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

Politics/Religion Consolidated Megathread Extravaganza

Started by Blazor, November 15, 2022, 12:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

DKG

Mike Pence  is likely to take the stand as a star witness in Trump's Jan. 6 trial. The indictment features Pence prominently and makes mention of the secret notes he took in real time concerning private conversations he had with Trump ahead of the Jan. 6 protests.

Despite allegedly rejecting Trump's concerns about election fraud, Pence has repeatedly raised doubts about the integrity of the 2020 election, including in a March 3, 2021, op-ed in the Daily Signal, in which he said the election was "marked by significant voting irregularities and numerous instances of officials setting aside state election law."

Nevertheless, he may end up being the Biden Department of Justice's star witness in Trump's Jan. 6 trial.

Frood

Quote from: DKG on August 02, 2023, 08:07:27 PM
We've heard it all after the first two indictments of Trump. "We've crossed the Rubicon," "We've become a banana republic," "There's no turning back from here."

So it's interesting how our government's biomedical tyranny apparently didn't cross the line ... or burning down our economy ... or destroying our energy ... or aiding the cartels in the border invasion ... or sending billions to Ukraine ... or, with the weaponized DOJ, holding ordinary citizens and Trump supporters in prison indefinitely pretrial on non-violent criminal charges for two years. But if Trump himself is the red line, then fine. I'll take it. But what are we going to do about it?

Widespread rolling work boycotts... no work...no income.. no tax theft on the day/s.

Fuck these authoritarian cocksuckers up where it hurts them most...

Blahhhhhh...

Frood

Quote from: DKG on August 04, 2023, 11:22:29 AM
Mike Pence  is likely to take the stand as a star witness in Trump's Jan. 6 trial. The indictment features Pence prominently and makes mention of the secret notes he took in real time concerning private conversations he had with Trump ahead of the Jan. 6 protests.

Despite allegedly rejecting Trump's concerns about election fraud, Pence has repeatedly raised doubts about the integrity of the 2020 election, including in a March 3, 2021, op-ed in the Daily Signal, in which he said the election was "marked by significant voting irregularities and numerous instances of officials setting aside state election law."

Nevertheless, he may end up being the Biden Department of Justice's star witness in Trump's Jan. 6 trial.

Never trust a dude who had to go through homosexual regression therapy in order to get past the icky and have a family.
Blahhhhhh...

Oerdin

59% of independents approve of Donald Trump getting indicted.  That, right there, is proof positive that Trump is a losing candidate.  Republicans are fools if they nominate him.

DKG

Quote from: Oerdin on August 04, 2023, 06:38:09 PM
59% of independents approve of Donald Trump getting indicted.  That, right there, is proof positive that Trump is a losing candidate.  Republicans are fools if they nominate him.
Independents do not want Trump, or Biden.

DKG

Mark Levin suggested that the timing of the indictments, together with the special counsel's insistence that the charges be quickly adjudicated, suggests the Biden DOJ is looking to exert "maximum influence on the election," in part by sapping Trump's campaign funds and time.

The Associated Press indicated that Trump may have spent upwards of $40 million on legal fees already this year.

"These indictments are being used as political weapons," wrote Levin, adding that the charges "should have been filed AFTER the election, as there was no possibility the statute of limitations would run on any of them."

Whereas the Biden DOJ let the statute of limitations run out in the Hunter Biden tax case, Levin has noted there is no such issue in the Trump cases, meaning there is no urgency to pursue these cases prior to the election besides that perceived by partisans keen to cling to power.

"It is not something that should left to various district courts or local courts to sort out in the course of regular judicial proceedings," the BlazeTV host continued. "In fact, that is part of the intended strategy by the prosecutors who are engaged in this assault on our electoral system."

Rather than get bogged down dealing with middling activists and/or reward the prosecutors "for their treachery and exploitation of the legal system and the courts," Levin claimed that Trump should instead "seek an emergency hearing before the U.S. Supreme Court."

Levin stressed that the only constitutional body left that can do something about this "unprecedented legal warfare" is the Supreme Court of the United States.

While doing so might not resolve the legal disputes, it would serve to "at least temporarily halt the abomination of this legal warfare that is unfolding in front of us."

DKG

The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) is receiving criticism for its updated data analysis regarding the agency's proposed regulations on gas stoves, which now projects even lower savings for consumers than the already meager numbers.

The new data shows that "savings are even less than DOE originally projected and are almost negligible," the industry group Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM) said about the changes in an Aug. 3 press release. "DOE's original proposal was to save consumers 13 cents per month in utility costs over the life of gas cooking products. The revised data reduces consumer savings to just 9 cents per month," it pointed out.

"The changes in energy savings projected by DOE primarily result from DOE recognizing that the currently available cooking products are more efficient than its earlier analysis assumed."

At 9 cents a month, the projected savings will come to just $1.08 per year. Over a decade, that amounts to $10.80 in savings.

The department proposed new energy efficiency standards for gas stoves back in February. In a March 14 opinion piece at Washington Examiner, Rep. Debbie Lesko (R-Ariz.) warned that stringent energy performance standards would mean that 96 percent of conventional gas stoves could potentially be eliminated from the market.

"In fact, it is essentially an outright ban on gas stoves," she said.

Reggie Essent

Quote from: Oerdin on August 02, 2023, 07:08:11 PM
46% of Trump voters are open to voting for a different GOP candidate.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nearly-half-trump-supporters-considering-voting-different-gop-candidate-poll

I do like Ramaswamy. He's smart, engaging, and seems to believe it when he talks about Liberty and loving America.  I'd give him my vote.

But I also want to see Trump storm back into Washington like an avenging god of old and point four fingers at all the Deep State vermin and say "You're Fired!"

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Gurk_MacGuintey on August 04, 2023, 08:07:37 PM
I do like Ramaswamy. He's smart, engaging, and seems to believe it when he talks about Liberty and loving America.  I'd give him my vote.

But I also want to see Trump storm back into Washington like an avenging god of old and point four fingers at all the Deep State vermin and say "You're Fired!"

Ramaswamy has my vote if he wins the primary

Hell, ghagis khan's dead body would get my vote before I ever vote for a lousy leftist stinking democrat piece of shit

Shen Li

Quote from: Gurk_MacGuintey on August 04, 2023, 08:07:37 PM

I don't have a lot of interest in American politics, but I like Vivek Ramaswamy too. If I could vote in the US election(and if I cared), the two most important things to me would be ending the politicization of the Washington bureaucracy(the 4th branch of the federal government) and ending the proxy war in Eastern. Europe. An RFK Jr/Tulsi Gabbard ticket would be appealing on those two issues.

Reggie Essent

Quote from: Shen Li on August 04, 2023, 09:31:54 PM
I don't have a lot of interest in American politics, but I like Vivek Ramaswamy too. If I could vote in the US election(and if I cared), the two most important things to me would be ending the politicization of the Washington bureaucracy(the 4th branch of the federal government) and ending the proxy war in Eastern. An RFK Jr/Tulsi Gabbard ticket would be appealing on those two issues.
I can agree with both of those points. The bureaucracy has been weaponized completely in our Federal government and our State governments aren't too far behind.  And we shouldn't be involved in this war between the Russias.  Period. 

And I don't know about RFK, but Tulsi is hot.

Shen Li

Quote from: Gurk_MacGuintey on August 04, 2023, 10:10:04 PM
I can agree with both of those points. The bureaucracy has been weaponized completely in our Federal government and our State governments aren't too far behind.  And we shouldn't be involved in this war between the Russias.  Period. 

And I don't know about RFK, but Tulsi is hot.
I disagree with RFK on a lot of issues, but he is an outsider and so is Tulsi Gabbard. They both recognize the Washington bureaucracy is like that of a tin pot dictatorship. They can drain the swamp where Trump failed and end Biden's war in Eastern Europe.