Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 05:35:39 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

A

McDonald's paying foreign workers more than Canadians

Started by Anonymous, April 15, 2014, 09:23:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"i read in a newspaper the other day that here, in Paradise, the 2nd. largest ethnic group behind Ukrainians (who have been here for a hundred years) is now Filipinos....i work with six of them.....i think it's great......they all came with temporary work permits......all have stayed permanently.....they send a fucking container full of shit back to the Philippines every month....you need a dam forklift to get the boxes into their van.....everything from electronics to clothes, food, school supplies, anything you can imagine off it goes....they have a deal with some container shipping company out of Winnipeg to ship a large size box of any weight to the Philippines for a flat fee of $50 so it's katy bar the door on how heavy they can pack it.,

Hmmm, this another concern I have about Temp Visa Program. People using it as a backdoor to immigration. I am not saying they all wouldn't qualify for permanent residency, but I am thinking many would not be accepted if they applied as PR in the first place. Having said that, I think the Philippines is Alberta's number 1 source of international migrants right now. Good folks and adapt very easily to life in the West.

Anonymous

My daughter will be trying to get her first job in a few years..

I will be so very disappointed for her if she cannot get one because fast food restaurants and stores will only hire foreigners on temporary work permits.

:(

Romero

QuoteThe government must tighten up requirements that allow Canadian employers to hire low skilled temporary foreign workers and do a better job enforcing the rules of the program, an expert in the issue says.

"The issue is how seriously are they taking that enforcement and how much are they actually doing it and what happens when they actually do do it," said Naomi Alboim, chair of Queen's University's School of Policy Studies.

Alboim said the temporary foreign workers' low-skilled pilot project, introduced by the Liberal government in 2002,  has since "grown quite astronomically and that's the group that is pretty vulnerable." Those who fall under that category include workers in the hospitality and food sectors.

Alboim says the program is problematic. There is no transition to permanent residency status for low-skilled workers, unlike workers in the Live-In Caregiver Program.  As well, low-skilled temporary foreign workers are tied to a single employer, single location, with little mobility and very little enforcement, she said.

"And the question is, is it really true that there aren't people already here in Canada — whether permanent residents or Canadian citizens or students or young people —  not available to do those jobs?"

The applications are approved without asking employers pointed questions about their wages, working conditions, how far afield have they looked for workers and what could they do to make their jobs more attractive, Alboim said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/04/16/temporary-foreign-workers-approved-too-easily_n_5151233.html">//http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/04/16/temporary-foreign-workers-approved-too-easily_n_5151233.html

Anonymous

^Myth, temporary foreign workers are better educated/skilled than their Canadian counterparts at Timmies they work alongside. This is one of the main reasons employers prefer them.

Romero

Come on. Canadians are too uneducated and unskilled to work at Tim Hortons or McDonald's? How on Earth do they manage to do every other job out there?

Companies prefer temporary foreign workers because lower wages, no benefits, and no worries about those pesky worker's rights.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Romero"Come on. Canadians are too uneducated and unskilled to work at Tim Hortons or McDonald's? How on Earth do they manage to do every other job out there?

Companies prefer temporary foreign workers because lower wages, no benefits, and no worries about those pesky worker's rights.

you gotta get out more homy....now your starting to sound silly again.....businesses hire foreign workers because they can work...usually it costs them more for foreigners....but it is worth it.....try running a business and you will soon change your tune..... :ugeek:

Romero

How many times have you been replaced by foreign workers?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"Come on. Canadians are too uneducated and unskilled to work at Tim Hortons or McDonald's? How on Earth do they manage to do every other job out there?

No, a retarded ape on drugs(Oddstain for example) could do those jobs. I'm just saying if you go into any Mickey D's here in the Czuk, the Filipino's will be college/university educated while the Canadians will likely still have a curfew. Employers are willing to pay them a little more because they feel they are worth it. It's discriminatory as hell of course, but I can see it from the franchisees POV.

Gary Oak

I notice the orientals are all upset about this foreign worker programs Filipino workers taking advantage of Canada yet they don't have any problem with the china scam foreign mining workers which actually is a serious issue. There is no shortage of Canadians willing to work in the mines for the big buck, May I remind you all the Filipinos like Canada, want to be Canadian and like Canadians as opposed to oriental Canadiscams who see us as a country and people to scam while they enjoy the benefits of living with a people with a sense of secency and are the enemy of them taking over the country. I like seeing Filipinos everywhere. I always get a great response from them when I speak tagalog as opposed to the extremely alarmed response I get from Chinese guys when I speak Chinese. Knowing these languages really puts the odifference in my face and makes it very obvious

Romero

Employment Minister Jason Kenney is an "oriental"?

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Romero"How many times have you been replaced by foreign workers?

i was never a worker....i was always an owner/boss.......i hired workers that would make my businesses successful.....and that would most certainly not include any white canadian public school/university product.....waste of skin and my time.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"

i was never a worker....i was always an owner/boss.......i hired workers that would make my businesses successful.....and that would most certainly not include any white canadian public school/university product.....waste of skin and my time.

My daughter, while a product of private school education will be applying for her first part time job in a few years Obvious Li..

It would break my heart if she was denied the same opportunities that I enjoyed at that age to work at a traditional entry level part time job because she was born in Canada.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Fashionista"

My daughter, while a product of private school education will be applying for her first part time job in a few years Obvious Li..

It would break my heart if she was denied the same opportunities that I enjoyed at that age to work at a traditional entry level part time job because she was born in Canada.

believe me your daughter will do just great...actually more than great.....it has nothing to do with where you were born and everything to do with where and how you were educated.....if you are a product of a canadian public school and your parents are the typical white progressive liberals...then your kids are doomed to low paying menial jobs or useless govt. jobs....nobody else wants them or their skill set......if i was still as active in business as i once was i would hire either of your kids in a heartbeat.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

believe me your daughter will do just great...actually more than great.....it has nothing to do with where you were born and everything to do with where and how you were educated.....if you are a product of a canadian public school and your parents are the typical white progressive liberals...then your kids are doomed to low paying menial jobs or useless govt. jobs....nobody else wants them or their skill set......if i was still as active in business as i once was i would hire either of your kids in a heartbeat.

Thank you so much Obvious Li..

I would like to see have the same opportunity I did to get a part time job..

Most entry level jobs are in fast food or retail..

I know she will work hard and learn as much as she can in a few years..

My son is a long way off from a part time job yet.

Anonymous

^There will always be a job for your kids, especially in Alberta. Don't even worry about that.

As I said, my thoughts on this are mixed. I know there is a skills shortage here in Western Canada. I also know it can be difficult for franchisees in places like Saskatoon, Edmonton and Grande Prairie to find people for low-skilled service jobs. However, this is happening in some places like Nova Scotia which indicates franchisees are gaming the system and worse than that discriminating against Canadians. This will inevitably bring about a federal crackdown which hurts employers who genuinely cannot find workers.