News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8508
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 06, 2024, 10:37:29 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

• DEADSKINS GIANT "FLAT EARTH" PRESENTATION AND DISCUSSION.... 5 0 5 2

DEADSKINS GIANT "FLAT EARTH" PRESENTATION AND DISCUSSION....

Started by deadskinmask, November 22, 2022, 12:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Odinson

Lokmar

The 6 day/24 hour period of creation did not happen from an earth perspective. The original Hebrew reads something like "And there was order from disorder, the X day". The sun wasnt even visible until "day 4". This should be enough to prove to anyone that the Genesis account is speaking about ages, not 24 hour periods.

">

Physicist Gerald Schroeder explains the basics here.

deadskinmask

Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=483725 time=1669179704 user_id=3214
the lib playbook to the tee

you might get a laugh out of this one too....  :laugh:

https://www.bitchute.com/video/4oO1Gd2Ld3Yh/">https://www.bitchute.com/video/4oO1Gd2Ld3Yh/

deadskinmask

it doesn't hurt anything when you question something.... truth doesn't fear speculation.... even if you just wanna come defend your little ol' globe.... we can be friends, have friendly discussions and even wildly disagree without any hard feelings afterwards.... i like exploring new ideas.... i like questioning 'settled subjects'.... thats what REAL science is about....

Dove

Quote from: Lokmar post_id=483734 time=1669184575 user_id=3351
The 6 day/24 hour period of creation did not happen from an earth perspective. The original Hebrew reads something like "And there was order from disorder, the X day". The sun wasnt even visible until "day 4". This should be enough to prove to anyone that the Genesis account is speaking about ages, not 24 hour periods.

">

Physicist Gerald Schroeder explains the basics here.

We don't even know what time IS really.

But regardless, it's set to mark 24 hour periods and this comes directly from Genesis. God didnt set a millenia as a sabbath....He set the 7th day, Saturday.  God created the 24 hour period during the creation period.

This is another argument I typically wont jump into because I really dont think anyone knows enough about the nature of the universe. When we can know what a giant space of nothingness is expanding into I guess we can tackle one of the dimensions that we can perceive with our senses and what it actually is(time and space).  There is a lot that exists around us that none of us perceive with our senses.

I don't think it's possible for us to accurately age the universe or the planet.  As you pointed out....the universe existed before time existed. And we could melt our finite brains trying to grasp that.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Lokmar

Science shouldnt scare people. The science leaves no doubt that the earth is billions of years old, not 6000. This scientific fact in no way conflicts with the Bible.

My sister in laws husband became an atheist because of finally accepting the earth is 13-15 billion years old. He was so rigid in his young earth (6000 year) dogma, the scientific fact destroyed his faith. I tried to talk to him about it but he's shut off.

I'd just encourage everyone to read Genesis again. Pay attention to the events. Read the other videos Gerald Schroeder has produced. They may not be 100% right, but the pieces fit very well. Also, he references Hebrew in many of his videos which is much more revealing than english translations of Genesis.

Dove

Young earth position is more then 6k. It's like 10k to 20k.

My point is the universe is older than time itself and we arent sure what time really is. It's just the amount of times we orbited.  

I don't believe its billions of years old at all.  I think we dont yet properly understand the full scope of existence and reality.  

I've seen door knobs carbon dated as billions of years old and soft dinosaur tissue dated both billions of years old and a few thousand years old.

I really dont think science has found an accurate and reliable way of measuring age on that scale.

I'm not afraid of science at all.  

Also no one should ever ground their faith into things they think they know about life and the universe.  A faith not firmly rooted on Christ isnt any redeeming or saving faith. Everything we think we know is just one discovery away from crumbling.

deadskinmask

Quote from: Dove post_id=483907 time=1669239821 user_id=3266

I don't believe its billions of years old at all.  I think we dont yet properly understand the full scope of existence and reality.  

I've seen door knobs carbon dated as billions of years old and soft dinosaur tissue dated both billions of years old and a few thousand years old.

I really dont think science has found an accurate and reliable way of measuring age on that scale.

I'm not afraid of science at all.  

Also no one should ever ground their faith into things they think they know about life and the universe.  A faith not firmly rooted on Christ isnt any redeeming or saving faith. Everything we think we know is just one discovery away from crumbling.

this is exactly what i was gonna say about fossils and carbon dating.... carbon dating is the pcr test of the science world.... theres a 75% chance that its 100% wrong.... personally i think were about 12,000 years old.... and not 'orbiting' anything.... but i also believe that it doesn't matter as long as you have the saving grace of Jesus.... everything else will work itself out....

Lokmar

Radio carbon dating is affected by pressure and heat. Its hard to account for that influence over thousands of years. However, there have been enough consistent tests coupled with observing geological strata and how long it would take for all the fossils to be laid down to convince me that billions of years have passed since the earth was formed. God is outside of the spatial time of the universe. The speed and the expansion of the universe dilates time. Schroeder's calculations conclude that 13 to 15 billion years experienced on earth would appear more like a week outside of space and time. Astronauts have experienced time dilation due to the affects of speed they experience while in space.

deadskinmask

Dove

Quote from: Lokmar post_id=483921 time=1669246340 user_id=3351
Radio carbon dating is affected by pressure and heat. Its hard to account for that influence over thousands of years. However, there have been enough consistent tests coupled with observing geological strata and how long it would take for all the fossils to be laid down to convince me that billions of years have passed since the earth was formed. God is outside of the spatial time of the universe. The speed and the expansion of the universe dilates time. Schroeder's calculations conclude that 13 to 15 billion years experienced on earth would appear more like a week outside of space and time. Astronauts have experienced time dilation due to the affects of speed they experience while in space.

When I saw the arguments for the flood a lot of that carbon stuff became questionable to me.

Then I saw a door knob get carbon dated at a few million years and now I just dont trust it.  And yeah the whole mud and rock was accounted for

We were not dragging our knuckles across a vast million years only to have some explosion in advancements in a few hundred. That makes no sense. People have to come with loads of jargon to explain it.

Carbon dating is only accurate for dating things within a few decades.....beyond that I just dont trust these ridiculously large numbers.

https://www.sciencealert.com/radiocarbon-dating-ancient-levant-region-calibration-inaccuracies">https://www.sciencealert.com/radiocarbo ... accuracies">https://www.sciencealert.com/radiocarbon-dating-ancient-levant-region-calibration-inaccuracies

I just dont see this as reliable at all. Even if I didnt believe the bible.....I wouldnt believe this carbon dating stuff. We need a much better understanding of the planets history and universe itself before we go trying to age it because these carbon readings dont really measure age that well....its just telling us what the carbon has done. We kinda jumped the gun on inserting age into this....but I'm no expert.  Imo neither are the people carbon dating stuff.  It's just a theory .....and not a scientific theory....its literally a guess.

jeannie

deadskinmask

Quote from: jeannie post_id=484150 time=1669374375 user_id=3367
im a round earther, y'all flat earth ppl r nuts

what a thought-provoking argument.... clearly you have given this matter alot of investigation....  :sad:

jeannie

deadskinmask

i bet you're double vaxxed and triple boosted.... its just a guess though.... :laugh: