News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8392
Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 30, 2024, 10:21:37 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

Does Guest Posting Add any Value Anymore?

Started by Herman, November 22, 2022, 08:24:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadskinmask

banter is all fine and good BUT free-range idiots are destructive.... maybe have a quarantined area for guest posting.... that way ppl who don't care for nonsense aren't burdened by nonsense....

Breakfall

Quote from: deadskinmask post_id=483772 time=1669206133 user_id=1582
banter is all fine and good BUT free-range idiots are destructive.... maybe have a quarantined area for guest posting.... that way ppl who don't care for nonsense aren't burdened by nonsense....

That's actually a good idea! Flat Earth...not so much.  :laugh3:

deadskinmask

Quote from: Breakfall post_id=483774 time=1669206361 user_id=3358
That's actually a good idea! its just as brilliant as Flat Earth.... i was skeptical at first because i never actually thought to question it.... while i still believe i live on a ball zooming through the galaxy at 1.3 million miles an hour, i appreciate the opportunity to step back and look at how ridiculous that actually is....

aww. you're welcome, buddy....  :sad:

DKG

That's a good suggestion too. Fash said it's possible that admins could set permissions so the three or four twits that use guest posting could only post in threads they started. What is clear is that what we have now contributes nothing to discussions. No other forum has guest posting, and I don't blame them for that.

QuoteWell, at the moment guest posting seems to bring in some banter. The idea is to get the place lively again

If it continues as is, it will probably cause the opposite. Long term regs posting less frequently because they get tired of the discussion speed bumps as Biggies Smiles calls the few people who post as guests.

Biggie Smiles

spastic sissy bois like sewage major and that cock cuddling circus freak admin offer nothing of value to society or a forum

FACT

Anonymous

Quote from: Toad post_id=483722 time=1669177002
I find the loud outcry here for heavy censorship amusing. What a bunch of controlling clowns

What a coinkidinky. We find the loud outcry from the three or four social retards who post as guests amusing. Have you babies cried your hearts out to the other forum owners to let you in? Did they hold your head against their breasts and give you ice cream?

Forums aren't charities. Up your game and register or get lost. What a false sense of entitlement from a bunch of useless, pathetic, dim-witted whiners.

Erica Mena

Quote from: DKG post_id=483759 time=1669203784 user_id=3390
Quote from: cw_ post_id=483735 time=1669188274 user_id=3226

I've previously made this suggestion.  It was ignored.

I liked your suggestion. Previous management would listen and act on what posters wanted.

I'm not previous management. I'm trying to be fair and balanced.

The posters are not paying for this forum. I am. I also work and tend to my family, so I cannot be here 24/7 to cater to everyone's complaint. One thing I cannot stand is complaining.
<t></t>

Erica Mena

I'm going to deal with it. These people aren't comprehending something.

I'm not used to this forums software. It's nothing like SG's. So I cannot bend the knee every time someone needs something. I'm still learning how to do things.
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=483800 time=1669215489 user_id=2845
Quote from: DKG post_id=483759 time=1669203784 user_id=3390

I liked your suggestion. Previous management would listen and act on what posters wanted.

I'm not previous management. I'm trying to be fair and balanced.

The posters are not paying for this forum. I am. I also work and tend to my family, so I cannot be here 24/7 to cater to everyone's complaint. One thing I cannot stand is complaining.

Good post ac_hithere

Erica Mena

Go the fuck away. As soon as I figure out how to disable guest posting, it's done.
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=483806 time=1669215916 user_id=2845
Go the fuck away. As soon as I figure out how to disable guest posting, it's done.

Why did you set it up this way in the first place? I'd be happy to register.

Anonymous

Quote from: Sea post_id=483810 time=1669218537
Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=483806 time=1669215916 user_id=2845

She didn't set it up you retarded little gnat.

Anonymous

Quote from: Guest post_id=483811 time=1669219111
Quote from: Sea post_id=483810 time=1669218537

She didn't set it up you retarded little gnat.

Why not let her answer?

Anonymous

CENSORING

You hate when people do it to you but love when you can do it to them. Buncha clowns

Erica Mena

Quote from: Toad post_id=483819 time=1669220306
CENSORING

You hate when people do it to you but love when you can do it to them. Buncha clowns

Get fucked. I'd gladly leave guest posting on if quality posters like UOT were posting.
<t></t>