Last post: Today at 08:47:54 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

Virginia Walmart shooting updates: 7 people dead, including gunman

Started by DKG, November 23, 2022, 07:07:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKG

Quote from: deadskinmask post_id=483781 time=1669208177 user_id=1582
Quote from: DKG post_id=483779 time=1669207868 user_id=3390

I have never touched a firearm in my life. But, I have no dog in this fight. I am being objective and giving the Bricktop counter argument.

its all good, robin hood.... i was just stating facts.... i have tons of guns and no bodycount....

I don't know where I stand on firearm ownership laws. Alot of Canadians own firearms. Justin Trudeau has recently made handgun ownership all but impossible because of a number of shootings in the Toronto area involving illegal handguns. It's virtue signalling, instead of taking action on the real problem-crime and border security.

Dove

Quote from: JOE post_id=483927 time=1669246677 user_id=97
Quote from: Dove post_id=483817 time=1669220028 user_id=3266

Showing the rising violent crime only tells me I need to make sure I have my guns and that my daughters have access to guns because we have violent wackjobs out there who can and do get ghost guns regardless of what the laws and regulations are.

It scares me that people see violence and think that's a reason to make more people less safe.

This story tells me that I should really start making a habit of carrying. That way if I'm shopping or in a parking lot and some wacko with no regard for laws and regulations threatens my life i can defend myself.

No one is ever going to convince me that criminals who murder people are a valid reason got ME to give up my most reliable method of self defense. It tells me that i NEED it.

The USA has sure become 1 violent nation, Dove.

I only wish you and your daughters could experience what it feels like to walk the streets of my city unarmed without fear of being assaulted and attacked.

Parts of the USA and where I live are like night and day. People are much more likely to commit suicide & kill themselves than assault or shoot you in my city, Dove. I think there are way more suicides here than actual murders. Just like a friend of mine killed himself recently.

Our greatest fear seems to be more people who jump off bridges than kill each other cuz it holds up traffic, eh?

">

Caint tell ya how many times I was stalled in traffic cuz somebody jumped offa that bridge.

Joe....the crime rates (including violent crime) in your area are significantly higher than the crime rates in my area.

I live in a majority conservative rural/small town area where most people are armed. We have a very low violent crime rate.  

You are statistically less likely to become a violent crime victim in my area, Joe. You would be safer here.

We have zero fear of assault walking the streets here, even with what occured with that random guy.  Who my daughter actually pepper sprayed and beat up.  We spend most of our time outside.  

I have no idea why you have convinced yourself of this "Dovey must live in constant fear" thing except that you dont really have an argument to counter mine regarding our Constitutional 2A rights and why they should be left alone.  So you are running into some emotional thing.

In fact....the crime rates in my area verses yours even help my point.  Everyone here is armed. We have pretty much ZERO violent crime. We KNOW we are safe.  Because if someone fucks around here, they find out.  The people are who dont feel safe are the criminals....they dont feel safe enough to commit their acts of violence against people who are probably packing.

Your area? They know they are free to harm people because they know the people cant really defend themselves.  Hence why there is more rape and assault where you live verses where I live.  And that's a statistical fact, Joe.

Unless my family gets stupid and moves to some democrat ran city where most all of the violent crime in my country occurs.... we really have nothing to worry about. Being in a small town with low rates of crime that honors our 2A rights is the safest we can be.  ac_drinks

We not only have low rates of nearly nonexistent violent crime here (most of the violent crime in my town stats is domestic violence....even that is low as fuck compared to everywhere else in the state).....people are not flinging themselves off of bridges either.  Suicides are not common here at all.  

It doesnt suprises me that people who live in crowded metropolitan areas are more likely to suicide.  City living is miserable. No matter how much media tries to glorify it with movies and shows....people are miserable in cities. Being surrounded by nature and clean air and animals and friendlier people is just healthier.

https://www.kcl.ac.uk/cities-increase-your-risk-of-depression-anxiety-and-psychosis-but-bring-mental-health-benefits-too#:~:text=The%20risk%20of%20developing%20depression,who%20live%20outside%20the%20city">https://www.kcl.ac.uk/cities-increase-y ... the%20city">https://www.kcl.ac.uk/cities-increase-your-risk-of-depression-anxiety-and-psychosis-but-bring-mental-health-benefits-too#:~:text=The%20risk%20of%20developing%20depression,who%20live%20outside%20the%20city.

You should move to the country and buy some guns, Joe. Its statistically safer and studies show better for your mental and physical health.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Dove

From my link

"The risk of developing depression – the most prevalent mental disorder in the world, characterised by low mood and feeling helpless – is 20% higher in urban dwellers than those who live outside the city. Meanwhile, the risk of developing psychosis – a severe psychiatric disorder associated with hallucinations, delusions, paranoia and disorganised thought – is 77% higher in urban than rural dwellers. The risk of developing generalised anxiety disorder, a state of mind characterised by feeling anxious and a sense of impending danger or panic, is also 21% higher in urban than rural dwellers.

Critically, the longer you spend in an urban environment during childhood and adolescence, the higher your risk of developing mental illness in adulthood. This "dose-response" association provides indirect support for a causal relationship between urban living and mental illness."

I mean....yikes. No wonder people are more violent towards others and more likely to commit suicide in cities and metro areas than out here in an area like mine.

I mean.....it really is not safer than where I'm at, Joe. And I dont like to be depressed and suffer psychosis or have to worry about other people who are depressed and suffering psychosis.

I think I'll stay put and buy some ammo  :thumbup:

Why do you supposed you have such a fear of legal gun ownership, Joe?  Kinda scared of the wrong things yeah?  You are worried about people like me being armed and I'm the one that would save your unarmed ass when one of the psychosis suffering wack jobs you call neightbors uses a ghost gun to shoot up a Walmart. Js.

Dove

https://www.aquatell.ca/pages/urban-vs-rural-life-advantages-and-disadvantages">https://www.aquatell.ca/pages/urban-vs- ... advantages">https://www.aquatell.ca/pages/urban-vs-rural-life-advantages-and-disadvantages

I'll pass on that metro urban area that's ran by tyrants who want me to be more vulnerable to higher violent crime rates.....thanks lol

deadskinmask

Quote from: DKG post_id=483981 time=1669289647 user_id=3390
Quote from: deadskinmask post_id=483781 time=1669208177 user_id=1582

its all good, robin hood.... i was just stating facts.... i have tons of guns and no bodycount....

I don't know where I stand on firearm ownership laws. Alot of Canadians own firearms. Justin Trudeau has recently made handgun ownership all but impossible because of a number of shootings in the Toronto area involving illegal handguns. It's virtue signalling, instead of taking action on the real problem-crime and border security.

self-reliance is a feeling like no other.... though i live closer to town now, at my old place i was my own emergency rescue service.... the police could take as long as 48 hours to arrive and still act like they're doing you a favor by showing up.... my old lady has to constantly remind me that i can't operate like that anymore.... she put a post-it note on my favourite shotgun that says 'CALL'911, MOTHERFUCKER'....  :laugh:

Blazor

Quote from: deadskinmask post_id=484167 time=1669380446 user_id=1582
.... she put a post-it note on my favourite shotgun that says 'CALL'911, MOTHERFUCKER'....  :laugh:

:roll:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Aryan

Quote from: Herman post_id=483963 time=1669262685 user_id=3396
Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=483960 time=1669262407 user_id=3214
It's a real shame how that MAGA white supremacist opened fire in walmart like that

https://www.foxnews.com/us/virginia-police-walmart-shooting-timeline-gunman-motive-andre-bing">https://www.foxnews.com/us/virginia-pol ... andre-bing">https://www.foxnews.com/us/virginia-police-walmart-shooting-timeline-gunman-motive-andre-bing

When the msm says a violent thug is a white "right wing" MAGA supporter assume they are a black tranny, Spanish speaking marxist in a wheelchair.

No need to involve Shen Li's husband in the discussion.

Shen Li

Quote from: SCOUSE post_id=484288 time=1669404935 user_id=1728
Quote from: Herman post_id=483963 time=1669262685 user_id=3396

When the msm says a violent thug is a white "right wing" MAGA supporter assume they are a black tranny, Spanish speaking marxist in a wheelchair.

No need to involve Shen Li's husband in the discussion.

I don't get it?

DKG

Quote from: deadskinmask post_id=484167 time=1669380446 user_id=1582
Quote from: DKG post_id=483981 time=1669289647 user_id=3390

self-reliance is a feeling like no other.... though i live closer to town now, at my old place i was my own emergency rescue service.... the police could take as long as 48 hours to arrive and still act like they're doing you a favor by showing up.... my old lady has to constantly remind me that i can't operate like that anymore.... she put a post-it note on my favourite shotgun that says 'CALL'911, MOTHERFUCKER'....  :laugh:

I have lived in cities all life. It's pretty hard to be self reliant in a concrete jungle.

Biggie Smiles

This guy is starting to suspect what I've been saying for several years now

">

coincidence with the advent of sickening and twisted social media apps we have these types of things happening at accelerated rates?

We've had guns for how many centuries now without this type of random violence?