Replies: 7378
Total votes: : 3

Last post: May 19, 2024, 11:52:50 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Ukraine

Started by Obvious Li, April 16, 2014, 12:44:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garraty_47

Quote from: DKG on September 21, 2023, 03:50:39 PMPoland says it will stop arming Ukraine. Poland's decision was both sudden and predictable, coming after months of tensions over a temporary ban on Ukrainian grain imports to a number of European Union countries.

It also follows a pattern of increasingly confrontational behavior towards Kyiv from Poland's government, just weeks before a tight general election.

Those Ukrainian missiles that landed in Poland (and were initially blamed on Russia) probably didn't help the diplomatic ties between those two countries. I know I'd definitely feel a certain way about it if I was in Poland's government.

DKG

Quote from: Garraty_47 on September 21, 2023, 04:02:54 PMThose Ukrainian missiles that landed in Poland (and were initially blamed on Russia) probably didn't help the diplomatic ties between those two countries. I know I'd definitely feel a certain way about it if I was in Poland's government.
It probably soured support for Zelensky among Poles.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Oerdin

Quote from: Garraty_47 on September 21, 2023, 04:02:54 PMThose Ukrainian missiles that landed in Poland (and were initially blamed on Russia) probably didn't help the diplomatic ties between those two countries. I know I'd definitely feel a certain way about it if I was in Poland's government.

I doubt that old issue has anything to do with it.  What is a big issue is the Polish elections happen next month and the ruling party desperately needs the support of farmers.  Ukraine and the EU came to a unilateral agreement (without any voting by members and in violation of existing laws as written) to let Ukraine flood the grain markets of specifically neighboring states like Poland, Romania, Slovakia, and Hungary but only those states.  This would financially ruin grain farmers in the effected states, the EU is not offering any compensation to farmers, and the EU is saying it can't effect western European farmers.  So it is deliberately just to fuck over farmers in the eastern EU.

So Poland's government simply refused to comply.  Both the EU and Ukraine said they will sue in the EU's totally politically motivated and not remotely objective court system but that will take years.  To respond to this lawsuit Poland has said they will no longer give weapons to Ukraine in order to teach Zilinski not to bight the hand that feeds him.

Garraty_47

The missile strike was last year so it's not exactly ancient history but yeah, I can see where the other factors you spelled out are probably the driving forces behind the current tension.

I don't know what I was thinking- as usual: Follow The Money.

#smdh

Lokmar

Zellinski is doing a fine job of fucking himself the last few days.

Garraty_47

Gosh, I wonder why they never include this perspective on the pro-war "news" channels?

It's a mystery.

Informative Informative x 1 View List

Brent

60 Minutes has reported that the U.S. is purchasing seeds and fertilizer for Ukrainian farmers and covering the salaries of Ukraine's first responders — all 57,000 of them. The report also stated that the U.S. is subsidizing small businesses.

Democratic presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. responded to the report by indicating that the U.S. should help its own. "Modest suggestion: Let's support farmers, small businesses, and first responders in our own country instead," he tweeted.

Americans don't live in a country. They live in a tax fish bowl for a global empire.

Shen Li

A bill to keep the US federal government open excluded Biden's request to provide more money to the Ukrainian regime. :yeahhh:  :thumbup2:

Herman

Slovakia's new government has had enough of wasting money on Zelenskyy too.

Garraty_47

I've read Poland is trying to extradite that 90-year old WW2 veteran Trudeau and the Canadian parliament applauded and gave a standing ovation to when Zelensky was in town.

Something tells me relations between Poland and Ukraine haven't started warming again quite yet.

Herman

Quote from: Garraty_47 on October 01, 2023, 08:56:28 PMI've read Poland is trying to extradite that 90-year old WW2 veteran Trudeau and the Canadian parliament applauded and gave a standing ovation to when Zelensky was in town.

Something tells me relations between Poland and Ukraine haven't started warming again quite yet.
I aint heard that one. He is ninety eight.

Garraty_47

Herman

Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky is failing as a war leader and will soon be on his way out of the job, the mayor of Kyiv Vitali Klitschko has suggested. Klitschko, a former heavyweight boxing world champion, admitted in an interview with Swiss outlet '20 minuten' that Ukraine's counter-offensive had stalled and Zelensky is now 'paying for his mistakes'.

JOE

Quote from: Garraty_47 on September 22, 2023, 10:25:05 AMGosh, I wonder why they never include this perspective on the pro-war "news" channels?

It's a mystery.

I wonder why Ukraine didn't hit the South/Crimea.

That part seemed to be where they were making inroads and coulda hit Russia hardest. and it was Russia's soft spot where they seemed most vulnerable. Knocking out their black sea fleet and airfields would have done a lotta damage to Russia.

But maybe they lacked the manpower/resources to take it back?

Maybe Ukraine thought they had to cut the South of first by winning in the North and East first.

I didn't think that was a good idea either.